Profile for Historybuff > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 8

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Historybuff RSS Feed (Seattle, WA, USA)

60W AC Power Adapter Charger for Apple Macbook and 13-Inch Macbook Pro MA538LL/A
Offered by P'bong
Price: $19.10
20 used & new from $11.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Upgrade, September 12, 2014
My Apple chargers kept breaking so I took a chance on this cheap one and it works much better.

Starbucks Tokyo Collector Coffee Mug
Starbucks Tokyo Collector Coffee Mug
Offered by Fair_Trade
Price: $79.99
2 used & new from $22.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, September 12, 2014
Broke my original mug and was happy to find a replacement without having to go back to Japan.

Food On Wheels: The Complete Guide To Starting A Food Truck, Food Cart, Or Other Mobile Food Business
by Jennifer Lewis
Price: $9.89
41 used & new from $6.76

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Food Truck Manual, October 14, 2011
Food on Wheels is an informative MUST-HAVE for food truck entrepreneurs! Those of us hoping to catch the food truck wave can guide ourselves to a successful start, thanks to this book.

Jennifer Lewis' book is easy to read with lots of useful information, considerations and worksheets that will help you flesh out your fledgling business. She uses a fictional company `Sweet Bits Treat Truck', as an example we can follow with no previous knowledge of the food industry or business ownership. Marketing, financials, insurance, regulations, payroll are all covered. I highly recommend this wonderful how-to-do book!

Haier TST240SS Stainless-Steel Long-Slot 4-Slice Digital Toaster
Haier TST240SS Stainless-Steel Long-Slot 4-Slice Digital Toaster

2.0 out of 5 stars It works, but..., April 26, 2010
I was looking for something that I could put bread slices into, choose how dark I want it toasted, push a button and it would make toast. I wanted a simple toaster and the only factor complicating my choice is that I have a large family so I need one that can toast 4 regular slices or 2 large slices. After scouring the internet this seemed to be the one closest to fitting the bill without getting ridiculously expensive - we're talking about a toaster after all. I got and it works - 2 stars so far. It browns one side more than the other - no extra stars for even toasting. It will return to the default browning setting after each toasting - no extra stars for the convenience of being able to leave the toaster on the setting that you like. It will toast the next batch of toast differently from the first even if you set it the same - no extra stars for consistency. It takes a long time - no extra stars for speed.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 14, 2011 4:48 PM PST

Melitta Cone Filter Coffeemaker 10 Cup, 1-Count
Melitta Cone Filter Coffeemaker 10 Cup, 1-Count
Price: $12.99
24 used & new from $9.37

5.0 out of 5 stars Old-School, December 20, 2009
Put a filter in the cone. Grind coffee beans. Put into cone. Pour boiling water into it. Top off if needed. Simplicity itself and easy to clean. The whole procedure will probably be faster than using an electric brewer and few brewers will give you as good a cup of coffee.

AeroPress Coffee and Espresso Maker with Bonus 350 Micro Filters
AeroPress Coffee and Espresso Maker with Bonus 350 Micro Filters
Offered by KITCHENISTA
Price: $32.90
16 used & new from $29.97

4.0 out of 5 stars AeroPress, March 2, 2009
The AreoPress works well but I find that it takes longer than what it says in the instructions to push the water through, a minute or two, even if I'm using light pressure as recommended in the instructions. Perhaps this is because I like a little bite in my coffee and grind the coffee very fine. Otherwise I am very happy with it, think about it - this is a manual brewer that will make what is essentially Clover quality coffee for about $25 instead of $10,000!

Chinese Bone and Bamboo Vintage Style Mahjong in Five Layer Rosewood Box
Chinese Bone and Bamboo Vintage Style Mahjong in Five Layer Rosewood Box

3.0 out of 5 stars Retro mahjong, November 12, 2007
I get the impression that this set is made to be an interior decorating accessory rather than a serious game set. The good looking and convenient wood box can be used to lend an asian accent to a room but the tiles themselves are a dissapointment. They are a bit crudely made with sloppy paint work on the face side and the bamboo backing on some tiles is splintering. They work well enough though and I will keep the set, but I will probably upgrade with nicer tiles to keep in the box.

Pimsleur Japanese Level 3 CD: Learn to Speak and Understand Japanese with Pimsleur Language Programs (Comprehensive)
by Paul Pimsleur
Edition: Audio CD
Price: $293.25
24 used & new from $74.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Japanese III, October 10, 2007
To start with, I recommend this product. I can't write worth anything but I have a decent ear so this series fits me perfectly - everything is by ear. I find it especially useful with my hectic schedule because I can use my otherwise wasted comuting time in the car. In the blurb about the course it says that the lessons should be listened through in one go without interuption but I have found that it doesn't matter much if I stop (my comute is only 15 minutes) and continue on the way back. The reason I don't give this series 5 stars is that even though I'm well on my way through the last part of the cource, I'm still at loss as soon as a native speaker open his/her mouth. It seems the vocabulary is too limited to get me over the threshold where I can start to pick up the languge on my own.