Profile for Laura > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Laura RSS Feed

Michael Kors Black Leather Ladies Watch MK2162
Michael Kors Black Leather Ladies Watch MK2162

5.0 out of 5 stars Equal parts classy, chic and functional, February 16, 2012
Love this watch! Goes with anything and has an easy chic style which is classy without trying too hard.Got it at a great price too.

Timberland Women's Earthkeepers Grandby Tall Fleece-Lined Boot
Timberland Women's Earthkeepers Grandby Tall Fleece-Lined Boot

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic winter boots!, January 5, 2012
I got these last fall and wanted to test them out in the Canadian winter first before writing a review. This past week we had our first day of -25 and I cannot say enough good things about these boots! They kept my feet and calves so warm and cozy! I was out walking for quite a while and not once did my feet feel cold. I've jumped into snow banks with them and haven't felt a thing. Fit-wise I'm a size 8 but I ordered half a size up after reading the reviews here and I'm glad I did as the 8.5's are perfectly snug and very comfortable with socks on. I particularly like the laces on it as it allows me to have a nice tight fit when I wear it with skirts as well as a looser fit to wear with jeans. I've found myself using the side pocket more than I imagined as it's a perfect place to keep my metropass. Overall these are easily the BEST winter boots I've had so far. I got the dark chocolate pair and I love how smart they look. These babies get a lot of compliments and they're not just a pretty face, they do what they say they'll do. I'd looked around quite a bit for winter boots that didn't compromise on style to provide warmth and I can totally say I found what I was looking for in these babies. Highly recommended!

Choosing ME Before WE: Every Woman's Guide to Life and Love
Choosing ME Before WE: Every Woman's Guide to Life and Love
by Christine Arylo
Price: $9.96
87 used & new from $3.52

5.0 out of 5 stars This book changed my life!, August 30, 2011
I got this book after reading an article the author wrote on Your Tango about why smart women fail at relationships. It was one of the best decisions I've EVER made and I truly feel that it was divine guidance that led me to this book because reading it helped me change my life! Until that point I thought I loved myself but honestly I didn't know how or even what that meant! This book guided me and gave me the tools to finally deal with old demons which had been plaguing my every step without my realizing it.

Thanks to this book, I finally got off autopilot and realized I'd been living and repeating the same pattern of making bad decisions because I believed I was not worthy enough to have something good. I finally saw that the people, especially the men I was attracted to, I'd been attracting into my life were reflecting how I felt about myself and since I didn't love me, they couldn't love me in the way I needed either. Heck I had left me, so why would anybody else stick around?

Thank you Christine for everything! Thank you for being such an inspiration and for helping countless other women like me to finally understand that validation and acceptance must come from within, first and always. I hope to pay forward my blessing and I've told all my girl friends to read your book.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 2, 2012 1:07 PM PDT