Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS
Profile for L. Freeman > Reviews

Browse

L. Freeman's Profile

Customer Reviews: 202

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

L. Freeman RSS Feed (Chesapeake, VA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Cuisinart DCC-3000 Coffee-on-Demand 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker
Cuisinart DCC-3000 Coffee-on-Demand 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker
Price: $89.97
64 used & new from $44.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Good maker, but hard to clean, January 21, 2016
Had I posted this review 5 months ago when I purchased it, it would have easily been 5 stars. Today I see I never reviewed it, so I shall now. This unit is terribly hard to keep clean and I am in ongoing e-mail conversations with Cuisinart about this fact. The black plastic, interior unit (the "coffee holder") has so many nooks and crannies, you can never get it satisfactorily clean.

Based on the manual I was running the half water/half vinegar self clean cycle once a month since August. In between self clean cycles, I would also wipe the interior with "warm, soapy water" (again, the manual) every so often to clean it.

I thought this was satisfactory until 4 days ago. Our morning coffees had "floaties". I dumped the coffee and began to inspect the interior while over the sink. I began to see all the areas I really could not reach. What I could reach, I found massive coffee residue build up. I began to tackle the interior with warm, soapy water and scrubbing the best I could, using rags, dish brushes, and even an old toothbrush. This was producing massive black flaking. I then let white vinegar soak in the reservoir.

Rinsing, I found more and more black flaking flowing into the sink with every dump of water through the black reservoir. Now it never stops. I have created a monster. Every towel I use to wipe and dry to view my progress, comes away black as soot. My wife is now 'grossed out' and will not drink from the DCC-3000 any longer.

I never dreamed this DCC-3000 would be so difficult to keep clean, even following a good cleaning regime previously. Why does the 'self clean' cycle not really clean the unit? Why am I having to roll up the sleeves and really scrub? And with an old toothbrush? It's only been 5 months of ownership. It shouldn't be this difficult.

Edit, January 27, 2016: Since writing this, Cuisinart has suggested that using only vinegar and water while utilizing the unit's self-clean cycle may not be enough to keep the DCC-3000 clean. I am now being told that to truly clean the interior to utilize a product like CleanCaff for the coffee residue. I wish when I had asked how best to keep clean 5 months ago, this advice had been given back then. Instead for now, Cuisinart is going to replace this unit with another DCC-3000 for my troubles, even though nothing is technically wrong with the unit. I thought that was a nice act. They even waved their $10 processing fee.

Art Alternatives Wood Box Supply Chest
Art Alternatives Wood Box Supply Chest
Offered by Court House Supplies
Price: $29.80
13 used & new from $29.80

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice box, but it will need finishing, December 26, 2015
This box is not finished and will need extra work done to it, if you plan to make it last. The dividers within the box are removable, but only are 1/8" pressed wood. They come in out a little too easily and in my opinion, will need to be held in place. Outside of that, it is a nice little box and made a great gift this holiday season. I finished it with much more sanding and then shellac for protection.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens Visual Dictionary
Star Wars: The Force Awakens Visual Dictionary
by Pablo Hidalgo
Price: $11.99
70 used & new from $8.37

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this book, December 26, 2015
Great book with pictures throughout. My kids loved pouring through this on Christmas morning. If one was trying to build a cosplay kit of any of the Force Awakens characters, this book should surely help. Each main character has numerous close-up and large photos in their costumes.

Star Wars Men's Argyle War Sweater, Red, X-Large
Star Wars Men's Argyle War Sweater, Red, X-Large
Price: $28.61

5.0 out of 5 stars What an ugly sweater!, December 26, 2015
I specifcally bought this to wear at Christmas and to see the new movie. At the movie theater, I had several people comment on how nice it looked as an "ugly sweater". It is pure acrylic, but surprisingly not a throw-away sweater. It kept me quite warm and I even had to take it off after the movie presentation as I was getting too hot. I am 6'2" and 200 pounds. I purchased the X-Large and I think it fits just right. I hope to wear this for all future Christmas movie presentations over the next number of years!! (If they switch to summer releases... well, then I'll be still wearing this on Christmas Days!)

Star Wars Lego Big Boys' 3 Pack Graphic Tees, Black/Blue/Black, 10/12
Star Wars Lego Big Boys' 3 Pack Graphic Tees, Black/Blue/Black, 10/12
Price: $22.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect t-shirts!, December 26, 2015
A great set of t-shirts for our recent trip to the theater to see the new release. The graphics are spot-on and bright. We hope for a long life!

AmazonBasics Large DSLR Gadget Bag (Orange interior)
AmazonBasics Large DSLR Gadget Bag (Orange interior)
Price: $34.82

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't say enough, December 26, 2015
I bought this to house my Olympus OM-D and with two lenses, wires, batteries, charger, and other miscellaneous things, I had more than enough room for a recent trip to Disney World. It even passed through security without any issues. It even held my Kindle Fire and important park information and passes nestled in the orange padding. The entire interior is re-configurable with velcro, but out of the box, the default configuration actually worked for me.

Xbox One Special Edition Lunar White Wireless Controller
Xbox One Special Edition Lunar White Wireless Controller
Offered by RushHourWholesalers
Price: Click here to see our price
48 used & new from $64.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A solid controller that feels good and looks even better, December 26, 2015
Received this controller outside of Amazon for Christmas, but wanted to add my review. I am surprised to see some of these bad reviews here. I love this controller. It feels right in the hand. My original black controller is 276 grams. This Lunar controller stands in at 294 grams. It does have a little more heft to it, which makes it feel far more solid.

The diamond textured, rubberized underside is a perfect touch. The matte gold triggers and D-pad makes it stand out from your other controllers (and wives like it too... must be the gold). The white is a matte, non-slick color. I have seen none of the manufacturing issues others here have. I even just had to go look to make sure I wasn't crazy.

I own two solid black original controllers and one Armed Forces (green camo) controller. I thought the Lunar white was too much of a call back to the original white XBox 360, when we were all dying for black to emerge. The white was always dingy and showed too many Cheeto/Dorito stains. Now having used it for two days (I got to open it on Christmas Eve) playing Star Wars Battlefront, I must say this is a really good controller.

Nerf Zombie Strike Side Strike Blaster
Nerf Zombie Strike Side Strike Blaster
Price: $11.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little gun that hits what you aim at., October 25, 2015
Compared to our other more elaborate Nerf guns, this one is a simple single-shooter with a holster that clips to the child's pants. It fires one Nerf bullet and carries two underneath the barrel. The Holster carries four more (the gray section in the Amazon photo). The cocking mechanism is not too difficult for a 5 and 8 year old to use. The best thing about this simple Nerf Gun? It has the most power and zip of any of our Nerf Gun collection. The bullet flies the straightest line of any we've tried during target practice in the yard. I think the more elaborate guns lose some of their zip as they get more complicated mechanisms. This is one hits what you aim at. When the neighborhood kids come over and we have Nerf wars in the yard, our Strike Blaster become the most demanded Nerf Gun. And the price? Amazon's is easily $6 to $10 cheaper, in frustration-free packaging, than brick and mortar stores in my area. I've just ordered another.

Leaf Hydrox America's Original Cookie, 13.0 Ounce
Leaf Hydrox America's Original Cookie, 13.0 Ounce
Price: $6.50

5.0 out of 5 stars A great cookie is back, October 25, 2015
I have fond memories of Hydrox as a kid with my father and now with children of my own, I began searching for Hydrox to share with them. I couldn't understand where Hydrox had gone. I've never truly liked the taste of Oreos, so I left the chocolate cookie world behind... but had recently discovered the Keebler Simply Made version, which I think are far better than Oreos. Then last week, like a bolt from the sky, Amazon put a recommendation in my field of view and it was Hydrox. I was blown away. Where had they gone? Why did Amazon have them? I began to research and now I understand that through a series of company buyouts, it was slashed. Now thanks to Leaf and Amazon, I ordered my first real Hydrox in years... in decades. No high fructose corn syrup. Just real chocolate flavor. That wholesome cocoa smell that hits your nose when you first open that bag? Wow. It's like I am eight years old again. Thanks Amazon!

Tactical State Patch - Maine - Coyote Tan
Tactical State Patch - Maine - Coyote Tan
Offered by Gadsden and Culpeper
Price: $4.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Great patch! Very detailed., October 10, 2015
Great patch for my cap. Very detailed considering that is two colors and its size. I'd definitely purchase another!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20