Profile for J. Navarro > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 47

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J. Navarro RSS Feed (Columbus, OH)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Moto X Case, SUPCASE [Unicorn Beetle Series] for All New Motorola Moto X (2nd Gen.) Phone 2014 Release, Premium Hybrid Bumper Case (Frost Clear/Green) - Not Fit Moto X Phone (1st Gen.) 2013 Release
Offered by BrilloTech
Price: $16.99
2 used & new from $12.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great (mostly) clear case, not very grippy, December 30, 2014
The back on this case is the clearest I've seen so far for the 2nd gen Moto X. The plastic surrounding the edges is very hard compared to my other case (Diztronic), and so this one is slightly less "grippy", but not slippery by any means. One thing I find a little annoying about the case is that the back is not very flat, so it sort of slides/spins around easily when on a table. That, combined with the non-grippy material makes for more accidental falls in my time with it. The buttons are also a little harder to press than my other case, but not to the point where they are failing to register a press very often. As with other reviewers, on part of the edge of my case the plastic was sharp. It wasn't enough to actually cut my hand, but I ended up sanding it down a little to avoid discomfort.

The Friendly Swede 500D PVC Tarp Dry Bag (2 Pack), Yellow and Blue, 340 Oz (10 L) and 170 Oz (5 L)
Offered by The Friendly Swede
Price: $18.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value dry bags for holding stuff while kayaking, December 30, 2014
I purchased these mainly for the 5L bag to hold my phone/wallet/keys while kayaking, and it's perfect for this. I tested the bag by submerging in a sink and while kayaking, and I haven't had any problems with water getting into the bag yet. The clip seems to be fairly heavy duty, and the strap and seal around the strap on the bag seem to be pretty stable after a fair amount of use. Overall I'm very happy with these bags.

Chums Zipper Pull Paracord (Pack of 3), Reflective Black
Chums Zipper Pull Paracord (Pack of 3), Reflective Black
Price: $5.76

5.0 out of 5 stars Great size for a winter jacket zipper pull, December 30, 2014
I got these to replace a missing zipper pull on my winter jacket, and I'm very pleased. The ball ends are plenty big enough to easily grab with gloves on, but not so big that they look ridiculous. The holes on my zipper tab are sort of on the large side for a jacket (Gerry Superior Insulated Jacket), so these easily went through them, but I could see there being a problem if the zipper holes were smaller.

Florsheim Men's Hi Fi Wing Oxford,Navy Suede/Lime Sole,10.5 M US
Florsheim Men's Hi Fi Wing Oxford,Navy Suede/Lime Sole,10.5 M US

5.0 out of 5 stars Great stylish oxford, fits a little large, December 30, 2014
I received these as a gift from my spouse, and I really like them overall. They look great, and are fairly comfortable. Definitely not the most comfortable oxfords I've worn, but nothing a new insole can't solve. The sizing feels about a half size larger than what I'm used to, and putting in a new insole solved the sort of loose fit I was having out of the box.

BWH Women's Speckled Chuncky Stitch Knit Infinity Winter Scarf (One Size) - Black
Offered by MAMMOTH HATS INC.

3.0 out of 5 stars Much more colorful than pictured, December 29, 2014
Got this for my spouse in black, and it has WAY more color than it appears in the picture. The pink and green thread seem to be more prominent, and the gold thread is much brighter than is obvious from the picture. In some of the non-black colors you probably can't even tell there is gold thread throughout, but there is just as much gold as the green and pink. Other than that the scarf is OK, sort of on the skinny end of what I'd call "chuncky".

Petzl ANGE S carabiner - Orange
Petzl ANGE S carabiner - Orange
Offered by GearExpress
Price: $10.95
4 used & new from $10.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Best carabiner for keys, November 9, 2014
This review is from: Petzl Ange S Carabiner
I use this exclusively as a key holder, and I'm very happy with it. Previous carabiners I've used in this fashion tend to have a small indentation by the gate that catches on clothing, which is super annoying. This one doesn't have any kind of catchy indentation where the gate closes, so it never catches on anything.

KitchenAid Gourmet Pizza Wheel, Red
KitchenAid Gourmet Pizza Wheel, Red
Price: $11.54
2 used & new from $11.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Great wheel, mine got a little rusty after a while, November 9, 2014
This is a good pizza wheel. My only complaint is that I've gotten a little bit of rust around the nut that's in the center of the wheel. Not sure how common that is, but it hasn't affected the function at all. I eat pizza like a ninja turtle, so this thing has been in heavy use since buying it, and overall I'm happy with it.

Mohu Leaf 50 Indoor HDTV Antenna (Certified Refurbished)
Mohu Leaf 50 Indoor HDTV Antenna (Certified Refurbished)
Offered by DealFisher
Price: $39.99
2 used & new from $39.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great in Columbus, OH, November 9, 2014
I had a slightly larger powered RCA antenna that was not picking up a few stations that it should have been (I live in Columbus, OH, so range shouldn't be a problem). I decided to try this Leaf 50 out, and I now pick up every channel that is available in my area with no problem. The supplied cables are plenty long for my needs, and I was able to plug it in to the USB port on my TV for power, which is helpful since I'm pretty maxed on on power around my TV. It does only come with one color cable (white), despite having a black and white side, but since I was using the white side anyway this was fine with me. Very lower profile and discrete, overall I'm very pleased with this antenna.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 11, 2014 11:46 AM PST

Ultra Fast Dry Travel and Sports Towel. High Tech Better than Microfiber.  Compact Quick Dry Lightweight Antibacterial Towels. 8 Colors, 3 Sizes. Rated #1 Top Gear  Reviews.
Ultra Fast Dry Travel and Sports Towel. High Tech Better than Microfiber. Compact Quick Dry Lightweight Antibacterial Towels. 8 Colors, 3 Sizes. Rated #1 Top Gear Reviews.
Price: $12.38

3.0 out of 5 stars Dries fast, a little stinky, November 9, 2014
I ordered the small to have a face-only towel in my tennis bag, thinking this quick-dry material would be useful for getting rid of sweat during a match. It's definitely a little smelly even after washing, and gets really stinky when you apply some sweat to it. I washed it every time after using it and it just never really smelled fresh. When using it on my face I got a slight allergic reaction to it for some reason, which went away when I went back to my normal cotton towel. I now mostly use to to wipe down my tennis racquet grip during a match, and for that it works pretty well since the material does seem to dry pretty fast.

Tourna Sport Towel
Tourna Sport Towel
Price: $15.09

4.0 out of 5 stars Good sized towel for tennis or gym bag, November 9, 2014
This review is from: Tourna Sport Towel (Sports)
Got this to throw in my tennis bag, it's the perfect size for my needs (about the size of a hand towel). Each side is a slightly different texture, I use the soft side for wiping my face and the slightly rougher side for wiping down my racket handle.

I did get some fraying around the edge by the logo after 10 or so washes, so I'm knocking a star off for that. It will definitely start coming apart at some point, but I'm guessing it will last for at least another year or so.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5