Profile for Jeremy Jacobsen > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jeremy Jacobsen RSS Feed (New York)

Iron Arms - Get Strong, Powerful Forearms...Fast!
Iron Arms - Get Strong, Powerful Forearms...Fast!
Offered by ASSEENONTV
Price: $22.47
3 used & new from $22.45

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for cross training, February 1, 2010
I rock climb every other day and needed a product to work the top of my forearms in order to stave off tendinitis. The iron arms works quite well for this purpose but the device could use some upgrades. Firstly, it would be ideal to have the starting positions of the spokes horizontally placed rather than being oblique. Perhaps the position could be adjustable? Secondly, it seems like it would be simple to make them variable resistance. Aside from those minor gripes I'm glad I bought it and would so far recommend it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 8, 2010 10:43 AM PDT

2 Adhesive Bright White Silver LED Push Light
2 Adhesive Bright White Silver LED Push Light

5.0 out of 5 stars Bright, small, well built, August 27, 2009
These are great. I bought some larger push lights at Target that were junk and these have turned out to be excellent replacements. They have a smart design and the batteries are easily replaced when adhered. My only gripe is that the adhesive pads didn't work in my fiberglass truck cap, but some super glue gel took care of it.

HoMedics OT-LUM Therapy Lumbar Cushion Support Pillow with Velour Cover
HoMedics OT-LUM Therapy Lumbar Cushion Support Pillow with Velour Cover
Price: $14.99
13 used & new from $13.94

2.0 out of 5 stars Overrated, October 16, 2008
The cushion is too soft. Memory foam just smashes when pressure is applied. This means it doesn't really do a good job of supporting your back but it's better than nothing. This item does not come with an adjustable strap (it's elastic) which means it will more than likely not strap to your car seat and may or may not work in the office.

The Complete Book of Knots
The Complete Book of Knots
by Geoffrey Budworth
6 used & new from $4.48

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, November 12, 2007
I picked this book up to learn how to tie a couple of the more obscure climbing knots like the trident and triple bowline and to have fun with the rest. The book is well organized (except for the utterly useless directory of knots), and the diagrams are large. My gripe is that he skips steps, and magically produces extra slack halfway through a knot. There are cases where I have thrown the book down and had to figure it out by trial and error (not what I paid $20 for). Furthermore some of the methods he uses to tie knots (such as the butterfly) are flat out strange, or clumsy. When I'm up 100 feet and my life depends on it I need more efficiency.