Profile for David Fisher > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

David Fisher RSS Feed (Stanford, CA United States)

4WD MiniQ Complete Kit (Based on Arduino)
4WD MiniQ Complete Kit (Based on Arduino)
Offered by Adam shop
Price: $171.33

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, November 7, 2014
Same product sells for half the price everywhere else.

Jeep Traveler Tandem Stroller, Spark (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Jeep Traveler Tandem Stroller, Spark (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, February 9, 2012
Cons:
-Heavy
-Difficult to steer
-Doesn't fold easily
-Doesn't stay together when folded
-Pulls to the right (could just be ours)
-Poor parent cup holder area

Pros:
-Front rider can get in and out when unbuckled
-Basket area very large
-Holds Chicco car seat
-Places baby in the rear

I'm disappointed with this stroller and wish I had of spend the extra to get the Chicco Double Stroller. It's very heavy and difficult to steer, I realize it's a double stroller but I tried a friends Chicco Double after purchasing this one and it is much lighter and easier to steer. Our stroller pulls to the right, whether it is loaded or not. This may just be a "feature" of ours but it makes a heavy, difficult to steer stroller even more difficult to steer. Folding it is a pain and when folded the rear sun visor falls off easily, thus the back seat doesn't stay folded up. Lastly the cup holder is just silly, it sticks out making the stroller wider, I wish they could have copied most other strollers and made a decent parent key/phone/drink holder area.

The stroller does transports two children, and will hold most car seats. It also places the car seat in the rear which was a selling point for me. It does have a large basket area which is nice for our diaper bag, however not sure that will be the case when I have two children sitting in the stroller (currently use the stroller with an infant and toddler).
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 22, 2012 9:28 PM PDT

Beginning iPhone 4 Development: Exploring the iOS SDK
Beginning iPhone 4 Development: Exploring the iOS SDK
by Dave Mark
Price: $8.94
158 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Still the best, February 5, 2011
I teach a college iOS development course and this is the book I require students to purchase for that course. I've been using the Beginning iPhone 3 Development book in the past and I'll move on to using this book now. Still the Holy Grail of getting started with iOS development. No better way to get started.

Labs and videos from our course, tries to follow along with the book (rather loosely):

CSSE490 iOS Development course website:
[...]

CSSE490 iOS class videos on iTunes
[...]

No promises that I'll grade your quizzes over the reading. ;)
Comment Comments (12) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 22, 2011 12:12 PM PST

Building iPhone OS Accessories: Use the iPhone Accessories API to Control and Monitor Devices (Books for Professionals by Professionals)
by Ken Maskrey
Price: $44.75
55 used & new from $2.04

5.0 out of 5 stars Super excited!, July 13, 2010
Awesome! Super excited to see an Accessories book come out. The ExternalAccessoriesFramework has been a sleeping giant for a year now waiting for enough momentum to really break out. I would really love to see a community of MFi companies releasing accessories with publicly available EA Protocols for any iPhone developer. I can totally see a future of one MFi company releasing a product that hundreds of apps/ app developers could use.

Get a jump on the accessories gold rush (okay gold rush is wrong, maybe gold trickle) and become a master of the External Accessories framework. I have not completed the book yet. I'm just super excited that Apress has an accessories book available now!

The iPhone Developer's Cookbook: Building Applications with the iPhone 3.0 SDK (2nd Edition)
by Erica Sadun
76 used & new from $0.56

2.0 out of 5 stars Not impressed (sorry), April 16, 2010
I'm a college professor looking for a book to use in my iPhone programming course. This would be a very poor choice for a new student. The book teaches poor iPhone programming style and isn't written for people new to the platform. I felt like I was tricked by the other positive reviews. I honestly think this author and a few other authors made a pack to give positive reviews for each other's book. There are better options for people new to iPhone programming. Keep looking.

For example: Who puts hundreds of lines of code into the main.m file? Are you joking? Apple says everywhere to follow a suggested programming style. This should be 100% of main.m every time...

#import <UIKit/UIKit.h>
int main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
NSAutoreleasePool *pool = [[NSAutoreleasePool alloc] init];
int retVal = UIApplicationMain(argc, argv, nil, nil);
[pool drain];
return retVal;
}

Learn it. Love it. Use it.

btw I've been watching Matt Stroker's videos available on iTunes U from the University of Utah. They are free and a much better introduction. (Obviously the Stanford iTunes U iPhone videos are good too.)
Comment Comments (11) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 14, 2011 10:35 AM PDT

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great collection of gait knowledge, June 9, 2006
Okay so I might be biased since I wrote it, but I think it's a great source of information about shoe interventions to slow the progression of knee oosteoarthritis.