Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Blake Shelton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Outdoor Recreation
Profile for Nicole Newland > Reviews

Browse

Nicole Newland's Profile

Customer Reviews: 9

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Nicole Newland "Rockin' mama of 2" RSS Feed (Naples, FL)

Personalized Scooby-Doo Children's Book
Personalized Scooby-Doo Children's Book
by Michael Stewart

5.0 out of 5 stars My Kids Love It!, May 15, 2013
My two oldest daughters practically have the book memorized from reading it so often! Item is good quality and exactly as requested. It made a great gift.

The Wiggles Wiggle n'Giggle Big Red Car
The Wiggles Wiggle n'Giggle Big Red Car
3 used & new from $34.99

4.0 out of 5 stars My kids enjoy this toy, December 19, 2008
We received this as a gift earlier in the year and both of my girls love it. My 10 month old has been chasing after it since she learned to crawl. My 2.5 year old loves to whack the guys on the head and watch them go. The only drawback is that it only plays one song, and so obviously the time the kids are super engaged with this toy is limited, but overall it's a good toy.

The Wiggles: You Make Me Feel Like Dancing
The Wiggles: You Make Me Feel Like Dancing
DVD ~ Troy Cassar-Daley
Offered by Laura's Favorites
Price: $10.00
45 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars I'd Listen to it even if I didn't have 2 Wiggles Fans!, December 19, 2008
I have not ever been such a giant fan of Sam, but this video really made me like him. The first two songs, in my opinion, are the best, but the whole video is great. I don't mind that my 2.5 year old watches it over and over. It normally takes my oldest daughter, who has autism, quite a while to get into a new DVD, but she took to this one immediately!

Playskool Mr. Potato Head Spud Buds
Playskool Mr. Potato Head Spud Buds

5.0 out of 5 stars Tons of fun for little ones!, December 16, 2008
My older daughter received this as a gift, and at first I didn't think much of it because she typically doesn't notice toys. She did like the little suitcase that the toys came in, however. That initially sparked her interest but soon she was playing with the toys inside as well. We taught her the names of some of the pieces and she learned how to put them together and take them apart. This toy really advanced her learning. She has autism so she has some issues with playing with toys properly and speaking, and this toy helped in both areas. Her (and thereby my) only issue with it is that the corn looks like it should be two pieces and it's only one. She used to get quite frustrated trying to get apart a toy that was only one piece. So overall I would say a great value and a suitcase full of fun!

Playskool Play Favorites Busy Poppin' Pals
Playskool Play Favorites Busy Poppin' Pals
Price: $27.06
17 used & new from $14.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Even my 2.5 year old still loves it!, December 16, 2008
We have the lime green version of this toy and it's a big hit around here. I was actually kind of surprised, considering my girls usually go gaga for the electronic, singing toys, but they both love this. It was one of the first toys my younger daughter could manipulate on her own. It's great for teaching some of those finer motor skills. The button pop-up is their favorite because it squeaks when you press it. My one complaint is that the twist key-type one has to be turned a little more after the animal pops up to get it to go back down again and the girls don't really understand that concept just yet. I don't know if that's a quirk specific to our toy, though. So if you're looking for a cute, durable toy that doesn't require batteries, you are in the right place!

LeapFrog Learn & Groove Counting Maracas
LeapFrog Learn & Groove Counting Maracas
Offered by Quick Ship Treasures
Price: $25.75
36 used & new from $5.01

4.0 out of 5 stars What's up with only one singing maraca?, December 16, 2008
My daughters both love to bang the maraca that sings on anything and everything. They love watching it change colors and get excited when it gets through the colors or up to ten. I love how it can be changed from English to Spanish. It's been beaten up countless times and still functions perfectly. I just have one complaint - what is the deal with the non-singing maraca? The kids don't pay a bit of attention to it. In fact, I couldn't even tell you where it is right now! If both of them sang, it would be a perfect toy in my book.

LeapFrog Fridge Words Magnetic Word Builder
LeapFrog Fridge Words Magnetic Word Builder
5 used & new from $99.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun for kids, but not super educational, December 16, 2008
We got this for my eldest daughter hoping to help her learn her letters and letter sounds. I must say that I'm extremely disappointed in the phonics portion of it (I am a teacher as it happens). It only gives one possible sound when often a letter makes two or more sounds. Additionally, the sounds it claims the letters make are inaccurate and difficult to discern. It consistently adds some type of vowel sound to the ends of consonants. For example, it says that the letter m says "muh" when it should say that the letter m says "mmm." So if you are looking for a toy that will teach your child phonics accurately, this is not that toy. Also, the thing chews through batteries like no one's business. My daughter does love sticking letters on it though and listening to the songs, so for entertainment value I give it a slightly better rating. And in case you were wondering, it will not say anything remotely like a cuss word (not that I tried or anything...).

Playskool Step Start Walk 'n Ride
Playskool Step Start Walk 'n Ride
Price: $29.99
23 used & new from $22.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Great as a ride-on, Not so much as a walker, December 16, 2008
We have this toy for my 31-month-old and my 9 month old and they both love it. It is not very steady when used as a push toy but is tons of fun as a ride on. It has even supported me sitting on it when my daughter has insisted I do so! I'm still trying to figure out what exactly is supposed to fit in the storage compartment up front.

Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Love to Play Puppy
Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Love to Play Puppy
Offered by Pier Sixteen28
Price: $41.99
55 used & new from $7.96

4.0 out of 5 stars Kids Love It!, December 16, 2008
I got this for my oldest daughter for Christmas two years ago, and she got another as a gift last Christmas because she loves the first one so much. The great thing about it is that each of the paws and other buttons are so easy to push that even a very young baby can do it. However, this means that it goes off in the car, in the middle of the night, if you think too hard about it... my daughter takes it everywhere she goes. She has autism and can now sing some songs thanks to this toy. After two years of hard use, the ear no longer works but we haven't even had to replace the batteries more than once. As long as you don't mind being driven insane by hearing the same four songs over and over, it's a great toy!