Profile for S. N. D. > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 31

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

S. N. D. RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
A Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Workbook
A Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Workbook
by Bob Stahl PhD
Price: $16.02
79 used & new from $14.02

5.0 out of 5 stars I Wish I Could Give Everyone On The Planet A Copy Of This Book, June 12, 2014
This book is a more approachable portal to development of a mindfulness based meditation practice. Don't get me wrong: I revere the developer of MBSR, Jon Kabat-Zinn. I feel that Drs. Stahl and Goldstein easy people into MBSR very gently. I have bought Kabat-Zinn's 'Full Catastrophe Living", "Wherever You Go There You Are" and "Coming To Out Senses" plus guided meditation CD sets 1,2 and 3 to allow me to extend my learning and practice of MBSR. I am a cancer patient and listed to Dr. Kabat-Zinn's CD "Mindfulness for Beginners while I underwent cbemo treatments.

Matcha Green Tea Starter Kit
Matcha Green Tea Starter Kit
Offered by thewhistlingkettle
Price: $41.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful introduction to matcha, June 6, 2014
This started me off as a matcha tea addict.I use a half teaspoon of matcha in 6 oz. of water between 150 to 170 degrees F. I absolutely love the chasen (whisk) and the tea is wonderful. Matcha contains sufficient l-theanine to calm you down and lower your blood pressure. The caffeine in a 6 oz glass of match a is about 30 mg which is much less than coffee.

Birkenstock Women's Dundee Boot,Black,38 M EU
Birkenstock Women's Dundee Boot,Black,38 M EU
Offered by Crisp Boutique
Price: $174.95
3 used & new from $174.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Dundee is a full laceable shoe with a great fee!, May 7, 2014
May I clarify by saying they felt larger than my London's and my Milano sandals but all three have the same sole size. I think it is just that the toe box is larger and the 1/8" high quality suede is softer and more giving than 1/8" chrome tanned leathern of the Londons . They feel awesome. They broke in quickly as I deliberately fledged the foot bed . I have to go elsewhere for them but the olive is beautiful.

Birkenstock Milano High Arch Dark Brown Leather 38 R EU (5-5.5 US Men / 7-7.5 US Women)

5.0 out of 5 stars A Healthy Sandal With A Foot in Frugality: It Can Be Resoled., March 30, 2014
I totally love these sandals. Born in 1950, I recall shoes that had to be ":broken in". They lasted and could be resoled. Do they feel stiff at first? Yes, but deliberately bend the sole before you put them on and only wear them for a half hour a day for the first week and then longer and longer. Your body will have to adjust to new positioning caused by the foot bed. Earth shoe wearers will have an easier time. Expect shoes from Birkenstock to take about two weeks to break in because the leather is 1/8" top grain. Treat the leather uppers .onthly with neatsfoot oil. You will have a correct size if your foot is seated in the heel cup and the sole extends beyond your toes by 1/4" to 1/2". Google "Birkenstock USA" for a very accurate size chart. My women's 7.5 Med is well accommodated by the size 38 Normal. The same website shows A listing of stores to the left of the homepage. It will guide you to stores your can mail or take your shoes to for resoling. You can prolong the life of these and other Birkenstocks with heel taps so the heel does not run down and ruin the cork bed. You should also use a product called Kelly's Cork Renew. I bought both the Kelly's and the Extra Large Heel Taps right here.

It seems counter intuitive that a firm foot bed could be comfortable but it is. It is in the expert contouring of the bed. It is comfortable, will relieve plantar fascitis and lower back pain. I am so in love with the sandal I have bought the enclosed London clog in Oiled Havana brown and like it so much I am looking for a pair in Oiled Black leather.

Vickerman Frasier Fir Tree 90 Tips, 24-Inch by 16-Inch
Vickerman Frasier Fir Tree 90 Tips, 24-Inch by 16-Inch
Offered by Christmas Central
Price: $17.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Little Tree For a Small Space, November 23, 2013
This little tree is delightful. The manufacturer used two different types of material for branches and the result is very realistic. It is nicely proportioned and just deliberately irregular enough to look quite real. If you need a small tree but this, you won't be sorry.

Springboost Women's Motion Training Shoe,White/Silver,8 M US
Springboost Women's Motion Training Shoe,White/Silver,8 M US

5.0 out of 5 stars Glad I Discovered Spring Boost Shoes, November 20, 2013
I saved $20 on these shoes as compared to Springboost's website by buying from this seller. The shoes are terrific. I normally wear 7.5 M but was cautioned by two books to size up for foot swelling if training for longer distances, hence the choice of size 8 M. They feel great are beautifully crafted. I would buy these again. I love the negative heel technology wbis is why I like Earth shoes but decided to try Spring Boost because of their sport specific emphasis.

Lafeber's Premium Daily Diet Pellets for Parakeets 1.25 lb
Lafeber's Premium Daily Diet Pellets for Parakeets 1.25 lb
Offered by One Way Pet
Price: $9.65
16 used & new from $0.77

5.0 out of 5 stars New Parakeet Has Taken Well to LaFeber's Pellets, October 26, 2013
I am delighted to find this product. I had bought it at a large chain pet store locally.where I bought my original parakeets. My birds ate only seed and would not eat these pellets. The birds, both about 5 years old, passed on and I still had the LaFeber's pellets. I just bought a.new.bird at the same store. I noted that the store.was only feeding.their budgies on seed. I know more about budgies.now.and.looked for this food but the store no.longer sold (or was out of) this product. I bought.another.brand of pellets and the present bird now has millet, good quality mixed seed, another pellet and LaFeber's pellets. He seems to really love this almost as.much as.the millet which I am pleased.at.because this is a.very high quality food. I want to introduce my bird to fruits and vegetables.slowly but need to.educate myself about what is safe.for.him.

Wahl Clipper Attachment #12 Nylon 1-1/2"
Wahl Clipper Attachment #12 Nylon 1-1/2"
Offered by American Winx
Price: $3.99
3 used & new from $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Use Product In Fine, Soft Hair To Get The Most From This Guide, October 26, 2013
I am not a barber but have cut my own hair for many years using scissors and guides I created. When I was diagnosed with breast cancer I couldn't even imagine anyone else shearing my hair off but me prior to chemo. I bought the Wahl 24 piece clipper set, the 11/4" and 11/2" guides and Wahl's DVD on cutting hair which shows you how to cut your own hair. I knew my hair would regrow, so teaching myself how to cut my hair allowed me to shorten it gradually and finally prepare for wearing a wig. My hair regrew and everyone loved it very short so that is how I cut it: 11/2" on top ("crown"), the "rim" is 11/4" and nape is 1" and I use a guide I created from a plastic file folder along with scissors to shape the neck.

My success with the 11/2" guide I owe to using Tresemme Dramatic Volume Blow Dry Lotion.I wash my hair, spray the product in it and use a stylist's pick to make the hair stand straight up from my head. I allow it to dry. Even my soft fine hair stands up straight. I go over my head with the 11/2" guide on the clipper and "assist" the hair into guide. I repeatedly go over my head with the guide from multiple different directions. I spend plenty of time on it to ensure that a nice job is done.Then I change to the 11/4" to do the "rim" (the sides and back) and 1" for the nape. You taper between guide lengths by rocking the clipper backwards as you approach the area of longer hair. You can use any product the stiffens the hair but leaves it comb-able.

The real issue here is not the quality of Wahl's product but the physics of cutting the hair with a guide and clipper. The longer the hair becomes, the harder it is to use a guide because the hair drapes away from the clipper. If the hair is soft textured the problem is compounded. Don't be discouraged trying to save money doing this. Try stiffening the hair and see if your guide doesn't become "5 star"!

I may be retiring in several years and am contemplating returning to school to reinvent myself as - you guessed it - a barber!

E711 E711 Gold Colour Plated Stainless Steel Hoop Huggie Earrings with Green Faceted Gem Stones

5.0 out of 5 stars Go With My $2.50 Green Gee Shirt From Waldgreens!, August 5, 2013
I and my coworkers have had our pay frozen since 2008. So I wear Tee shirts that cost $2.50 and ugly chinos from Walgreen's to work. EFF 'EM. Pay me like a landscaper and I'll dress like your landscaper! i have beyond a Master''s Degree for your skinkin job. AND I get a ton of complements on these earrings! On Friday's they get the spikey ones which everyone' loves! EFF YOOOOOO!

Gold Tone BUT Tenor Banjo Ukulele (Vintage Brown)
Gold Tone BUT Tenor Banjo Ukulele (Vintage Brown)
Price: $411.75
2 used & new from $411.75

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm In Love!, July 29, 2013
I bought this because I wanted a TENOR banjo ukulele. It seems to be the only one. I have two tenors and a concert sized uke.

I have seen this product criticized for price. Frankly the case is worth $100 easily. It compares favorably with the case to my $1200 Kamaka. I'm addition, it locks and is beautifully padded. I hear hard shell cases for banjoleles are literally unheard of. How is the $279 instrument inside. I really like it. I personally think it sounds better tuned DGBE ("Do good by everyone") rather than GCEA ("Giant cockroaches eat anything."). You can't get much of an instrument in general in 2013 for less ( though I love my $80 Oscar Schmidt Concert Uke). I have tuned it up and feel I will have fun with this for m!any years to come. Has a good banjo sound and projects nicely. Instead of being open backed it has a flat "possum resonator". Visit the www.gold tone.com website, look under banjos/banjo ukuleles and hear Marcy Marxer play 12th Street Rag, a classic tenor banjo piece my mom used to play in the 1930's!:
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 18, 2013 7:30 PM PDT