Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Lisa Loeb AMO Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS
Profile for Jamayne Grimaldi > Reviews

Browse

Jamayne Grimaldi's Profile

Customer Reviews: 23

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jamayne Grimaldi RSS Feed (Riverdale,Ga)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
The Black Russian
The Black Russian
by Vladimir Alexandrov
Price: $25.00
38 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars A very good read., October 19, 2013
This review is from: The Black Russian (Hardcover)
The amazing true story of a child of freed slaves who left the country of his birth where he was still viewed as a second class citizen, who ended up in Imperial Russia and became a man of great wealth. I first heard about this book on CSPAN, and purchased it few days later. Prof.Alexandrov does a good job of panting a vivid picture of the man and times with a great easy reading flow.If you are in to history or just want a good book to read then this is it.

The Errol Flynn Signature Collection, Vol. 2 (The Charge of the Light Brigade / Gentleman Jim / The Adventures of Don Juan / The Dawn Patrol / Dive Bomber)
DVD ~ Sam Hennings
Offered by SOUTHWEST MEDIA
Price: $31.99
17 used & new from $19.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Set !! Looking Forward To Vol. 3, August 19, 2007
A great set and a must have for Flynn fans. Highlights for me are "The Dawn Patrol & Gentleman Jim." I am looking forward to Vol. 3.

Here are my picks for Vol.3:

Mr. S: My Life with Frank Sinatra
by George Jacobs
128 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A Very Good Book., March 29, 2007
I found this book a very good read. It was funny, sad, and just a tad bit dirty. Mr. Jacobs does a great job of painting the scene and life of the Ring-A-Ding-Ding era and the man who helped defined it all.

Nothing really groundbreaking about Mr.S, but it does give fun & interesting insight. This is a great read if you want something light and fun to read about the great Mr. S, then this is the book!

There's a God on the Mic: The True 50 Greatest MCs
There's a God on the Mic: The True 50 Greatest MCs
by (Musician) Kool Moe Dee
20 used & new from $47.91

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Book, But....., March 11, 2007
Good Book but I disagree with some of the rankings and some of the people who made the list and some who did not.

KMD did a good job on breaking down the way the emcees were effective, but I disagree with somethings in this book.

For instance how can Foxxy Brown & Lil Kim be on the list, when Andre 3000 & Eminem are not. How is Will Smith rated above Busta.

I do like how he did pay respect to the old school, many rappers who are not well known but who truly belong on this list.

The main thing I disagree with is Rakim's ranking. Rakim should have been number 1. Rakim is your favorite rapper's, favorite rapper. True there are other rappers who may have things that Rakim does not have, but his all around skill is so great that he more than makes up for it.

But all around this book should be on the shelf of every true hip hop head, who knows and understands the history behind the music.

Not Too Late
Not Too Late
Price: $8.55
255 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Have Insomnia? This CD Is The Perfect Cure!!, February 13, 2007
This review is from: Not Too Late (Audio CD)
Where to start ? Okay I'll start by saying that I'm glad that a friend loaned me this CD, it saved me from buying this awful cd.

I don't know what she is trying to do on this CD, and I'm sure she does not even know. Where is the soul,the passion, and the heartache? This CD made me want call the suicide hotline. Although if you have Insomnia this is the perfect cure.

Taylor Hicks
Taylor Hicks
Offered by CAC Media
Price: $4.40
256 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Cd!, February 12, 2007
This review is from: Taylor Hicks (Audio CD)
I remember watching when Taylor Hicks tried out for American Idol. I thought "Man this guy is pretty good."

and I voted for him every chance I could.

So I was glad when he won. I thought that the CD was good, giving that I was expecting a little more soul/blues sound.

My favorite track was the remake of the Marvin Gaye Classic "Where ever I lay my hat."

So while I enjoyed it, I did think it was a just a tad bit to pop sounding. I heard that more of the blues sounding honky tonk vibe tracks did not make the cut, record company call. However Mr.Hicks did state that they would be on his next cd.

I think this idol has a bright future ahead of him.

So it

Dreamgirls: Music From The Motion Picture [2-CD Deluxe Edition]
Dreamgirls: Music From The Motion Picture [2-CD Deluxe Edition]
64 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best CD I Bought All Year., December 26, 2006
First off let me say this for those who are thinking about buying the soundtrack-Spend the extra cash and get this 2 disc set.

I saw the movie and loved it. So I had to get the soundtrack. All the songs are great and stand out tracks are even better. My faves are -Steppin' to the bad side,love you I do,And I'm telling you, and last but not least I ment you no harm/Jimmy's rap.

I would suggest you see the movie first then buy the soundtrack, because it enhances it. Yes all the buzz is true, Jennifer Hudson steals the movie!

Bling: A Novel
Bling: A Novel
by Erica Kennedy
63 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Not A Bad Read !, December 19, 2006
This review is from: Bling: A Novel (Paperback)
I got a chance to read this after hearing so much about it, and it was not a bad book. It was not the best thing I have read this year but it was good. Lamont, Mimi, Vanessa, Lena & the others are great characters. Some could have been more rounded out and define, but nonetheless it was a good book to pass some time with.

It does make you wonder which famous people Miss.Kennedy based some of the characters on.

Like I said not the greatest book I picked up this year, but it is a good read.

The Evolution of Robin Thicke
The Evolution of Robin Thicke
Offered by Customer Direct
Price: $5.43
128 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars The First Must Have CD Of Fall !, October 3, 2006
I'll keep this short. I've been a fan since "A Beautiful World". By the way If you don't have "A Beautiful World" you should pick it up ASAP. Track 2&4 are my favorite. I think the only misstep was the track with Lil Wayne, but the rest of the cd is so good it makes up for it.

The Music and tracks really flows. This is a must have cd.

Timeless Love
Timeless Love
Price: $8.39
89 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Smokey Shows You How It Should Be Done!!, June 24, 2006
This review is from: Timeless Love (Audio CD)
What a great album. I love every track on the cd. Mr.Robinson does an excellent job of blending jazz, soul and just a hint of pop, into each tune. I would have to say that this is my favorite cd that I have bought in a very long while. Although I enjoyed Rod Stewart doing the great american song book, Smokey shows you how it should be done.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3