Profile for C. Hanburger > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

C. Hanburger RSS Feed (Apex, NC)

RCA ANT1600F Flat Digital Passive Indoor TV Antenna
RCA ANT1600F Flat Digital Passive Indoor TV Antenna
Offered by Savester
Price: $27.09
68 used & new from $10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Like a Charm, January 4, 2013
Hooked this up to my new television, ran the scan on the television and instantly had access to more stations broadcast over the air.

Beautiful Boy: A Father's Journey Through His Son's Addiction
Beautiful Boy: A Father's Journey Through His Son's Addiction
Price: $8.02

5.0 out of 5 stars Very revealing and touching story, January 4, 2013
Highly recommend for anyone, but definitely recommend for anyone that has a family member who is battling addiction.
This is quite eye opening as it details the behaviors, the episodes, the overall ebb and flow of dealing with the pain, sense of loss, and hurt that comes with having a loved one struggling with addiction.

VIZIO E221VA 22-Inch 60Hz LED LCD Class Edge Lit Razor HDTV (Black) (2012 Model)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great TV, November 6, 2012
TV was just as promised. Very slim design, great picture, easy set up. Have this TV in the garage so awkward lighting at times, but the TV is great. Picture is very clear. Have an OTA antenna and am able to pick up about 2 dozen stations. Would recommend this TV for certain.

Black & Decker NST2036 Heavy-Duty 36-Volt Cordless Electric String Trimmer (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Good - if you are realistic with expectations _UPDATE, October 16, 2008
I've had this for over a month now. First project was to clear a walkway about 100' long with severe overgrowth (vines, vegetation, tall grass) and this thing shined. It has plenty of power and I was worried about battery life so I knocked everything down and then came back and "cleaned" things up.
Standard use has been on my yard. Just under a half acre, takes me about 20 minutes to trim and I can usually get two yard cutting excursions done with one battery charge...running at full steam a majority of the time.
This unit has plenty of power compared to the 18v trimmer I tried previously and it actually maintains "gas" level power for a good solid 35-40 minutes. I will say it's a big letdown though when the battery does lose it's charge...especially coming from a gas trimmer. (with this you wait, with gas you refill...so you need some patience)
The main drawback so far is the line feed system. I think it works well, but from the factory the spool is over wound. I'd rather have less string on the spool and refill more often than the constant binding from too much string on the spool and having to take the cover off because the line won't feed while tapping the unit. This has been an issue with gas trimmers in the past as well and will just take some experimenting.
The unit is heavy, but no more than a solid built gas unit. If you have trouble holding 15lbs for any amount of time, maybe it's not the unit for you.
Edging is not a problem. I read some reviews before purchasing that said this unit would not function as an edger, but I've got curbs, flowerbeds and a driveway that say otherwise. Just tilt the unit, keep the head behind you as you move down the line and it works just fine.
I do wish an extra battery was more realistically priced, and if you have a larger yard (say an acre with flowerbeds and trees, etc) you'll probably want the extra battery, just in case. If you're like me and have an average sized yard, this will be fine. Re-charging usually takes an overnight period.

Overall, I give this unit four stars. It's tough, reliable, functions smoothly and only has a few minor quirks which I'm sure will be worked out as I get used to owning and operating. If you are like me and just can't mix gas for a 2 cycle motor, get this or pay another $100 ($350 total) and buy a 4cycle trimmer that does it for you. This one seems better for the environment.

and an update...after having this for multiple seasons, I can say that I'm even more impressed with this product. My neighbors are constantly asking to use this, especially when the gas in their trimmers has gone bad from sitting. I also use this to travel to the beach and trim our walkway...no gas smell in the car, compact and easily handles the 200ft of deck. I have had the "battery failed" light blink when trying to recharge immediately after using the trimmer, but after removing, letting the battery cool and then placing on the charger, it works fine and holds a great charge.
I'm a big fan!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 16, 2008 4:03 PM PDT

The Secrets of Power Negotiating: How to Gain the Upper Hand in Any Negotiation (Your Coach in a Box)
by Roger Dawson
Edition: Audio CD
Price: $15.45
34 used & new from $12.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Wouldn't it be nice to know what people are using against you?, November 2, 2006
That's what this course offers....real world examples of negotiating tactics. I've been in sales for 10 years...after listening to this material from Roger Dawson I realized that I wasn't a good negotiator, I was a serial caver...I would give in on just about everything. This course teaches you the skills to get to a win win situation without having to cave on every point. It also helps you understand what people are trying to do to you during the negotiation and helps you overcome these points. Great material.

Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child
Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child
by Marc Weissbluth M.D.
Price: $10.27
1026 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful Book, November 2, 2006
If you have a newborn, and your baby is having trouble sleeping, this is the book for you! We have two kids and both sleep soundly because of this book, we've given it to over a dozen friends and so far, everyone has had success.