Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Recess Monkey The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
Profile for Broken Treasures > Reviews

Browse

Broken Treasures' Profile

Customer Reviews: 78

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Broken Treasures "BTF" RSS Feed (Pennsylvania)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
BISSELL 1940 Powerfresh Steam Mop, Blue
BISSELL 1940 Powerfresh Steam Mop, Blue
Price: $89.00
76 used & new from $62.16

2.0 out of 5 stars DON'T BOTHER BUYING THIS NEWER, BUT NOT BETTER MODEL, May 20, 2016
If I had any idea how many problems I would have with this, I would have purchased the old model. The biggest problem was how difficult it would be to put on the mop pads. The older model was easy because there was a hook that attached to the wall and you could just hang the mop on the hook and put the pad on. This one makes that impossible. It cleans okay, thus the two stars, but this is just another example of how companies are making their products just a little more difficult for seniors to use. I had also purchased a bissell carpet cleaner, but sent that back, after arguing with the service rep that I shouldn't have to use bissell's cleaner (company greed) - every time I asked her how I could use my own cleaner, she said yes, but continued to tell me how bissell's cleaner was better. It was after that conversation that I wrapped that sucker up and returned it to Amazon. I liked the way the older model worked; it's not like I don't want to learn new methods, but it's just that I don't think the new methods are necessarily better, and if the companies don't understand that, I'll buy from companies that do understand. Remember, seniors have money too!!

Kuranda Walnut PVC Chewproof Dog Bed - Large (40x25) - Cordura - Smoke
Kuranda Walnut PVC Chewproof Dog Bed - Large (40x25) - Cordura - Smoke
Offered by Kennel Provisions
Price: $79.95
2 used & new from $79.95

5.0 out of 5 stars WHEN YOU BUY A KURANDA BED, YOU BUY ALMOST FOREVER!, April 20, 2016
I purchased two Kuranda beds for my cats about 15-18 years ago. There is an atrium in the middle of my mother's house, and I moved there after she died. During the spring/summer/fall seasons I would put the beds out there - it was safe for the cats to go out there - they loved being outside without actually "being" outside. If it rained, no problem, because the bed part would dry very quickly. I am really glad I bought them then, because they are more expensive now. When you buy beds from Kuranda, you are buying beds that will last a VERY long time. I have nothing to do with the people who make the Kuranda beds, so I am not getting anything for this positive review. Yes, they are expensive, but do you really want to keep buying something over and over again.

Eagle UI-25-FSB Blue with Funnel Metal Safety Gas Can, 2.5 gal Capacity
Eagle UI-25-FSB Blue with Funnel Metal Safety Gas Can, 2.5 gal Capacity

5.0 out of 5 stars I AM REALLY HAPPY I BOUGHT THESE, March 1, 2016
It is much easier for me to lift a 2.5 gallon gas can, and I really needed them because I lost my electricity this winter; believe me, if you are outside at 1 am filling a generator, you had better make it as easy as possible. I also have these gas can in the five gallon size, but I've got to that stage in my life where I need to make things as easy as possible.

Rosemary's Gravy (A We Sisters Three Mystery Book 1)
Rosemary's Gravy (A We Sisters Three Mystery Book 1)
Price: $0.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Save your money, February 16, 2016
It was so boring that I did not finish it.

Can I Play Too? (An Elephant and Piggie Book)
Can I Play Too? (An Elephant and Piggie Book)
by Mo Willems
Price: $6.46
109 used & new from $1.61

5.0 out of 5 stars I HOPE MO WILLEMS READS THIS REVIEW, December 16, 2015
Several years ago I started buying children's books for the daughter of a friend, and because of that I started getting Amazon's recommendations. I was in a rut with the "usual" books I would buy, and so when I saw "Can I Play too?" I thought I would take a chance. Also, any book that I purchased would also have to do with animals (I do animal rescue). Okay, so I bought four books this year, sent them off and just got the thank you note. My friend wrote "she loved all of them, and especially Elephant & Piggy, "Can I Play too" by Mo Willems (he's one of her favorite authors! She even said oh - it's a Mo Willems Book! As she was opening she said I'll have to send a very nice note." I thought this would help another somebody who has no idea AT ALL on what book to buy a five year old. Some of the sentences of this review might seem a little awkward, but that is the way it was written.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars THE BROWN CAT BED IS THE BEST!!!!!, October 22, 2015
this is a favorite with all my cats. they can do just about anything to this, and it survives. the best thing about it, besides it being cushy and comfy, is the fact that you can throw it in the washer and it always comes out clean and fully formed - doesn't crush. you absolutely cannot go wrong with this cat bed. and by the way, we have had our two for years now!!!

Precious Cat Ultra Premium Cat Litter, 20-Pound
Precious Cat Ultra Premium Cat Litter, 20-Pound
Offered by Petco
Price: $11.99
2 used & new from $9.59

1.0 out of 5 stars USED TO BE THE BEST, BUT NOT ANY MORE, September 24, 2015
The litter is wonderful, very dust free, and I would give this five stars if they were putting it in the 20 pound plastic bags it used to come in. I know this because I normally use approximately 4,000 pounds of it a year. I have a shelter for special needs cats.

This cardboard box is very difficult to open (I use pliers), and even more difficult to open if you happen to be more than 25 years old and don't have arthritis. In addition, the plastic handle at the top doesn't always work well, and frequently breaks. The company that makes this stuff says that the company that made the plastic bags (and that's not the 18 or 40 pound plastic bags; the problem with those plastic bags is that you after that bag is open you need to find something to put it in) is out of business, but it just doesn't make sense that they couldn't find someone else to make these bags. But the most heartbreaking part of this wonderful litter and not being able to use it is the company's nasty attitude. I spoke to someone, and her name was, I believe, Gina. What a b****! She didn't want to talk to me and she didn't give a damn what I said. So, I am going to have to buy another kind of litter, as sad as that is. Do yourself a favor, don't buy it because then you will be disappointed when you have to give it up.

Orphan Train: A Novel
Orphan Train: A Novel
Offered by HarperCollins Publishers
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars THIS IS SUCH A WONDERFUL BOOK!, August 3, 2015
Actually I purchased this book by mistake. I "clicked" on send a sample, and when I went to look at my email I realized that I had purchased it. I was going to contact Amazon and try to return it (it went to my kindle) as it was $10, but then decided oh hell with it, I'll take a chance. It turns out that it is one of the best books I have ever read. You won't need another synopsis of the book as there are a lot of them. Ms. Kline writes very well and you won't get bored reading. You should probably keep some tissues nearby because there are sections of the book where you will need them. I hope you enjoy this book as much as I did.

Woodlink Wooden Bluebird House - Model BB1
Woodlink Wooden Bluebird House - Model BB1
Price: $21.68
19 used & new from $18.33

3.0 out of 5 stars THIS COULD BE A WHOLE LOT NICER!, July 13, 2015
I like having places for birds to go to be safe and to have their eggs. I lost one of my nesting boxes and purchased another. The only thing that I can say about the one I purchased from Kay Home Products is that it is too difficult to hang - it is too difficult to drill from the box to the tree. I am going to need a couple more, but I am afraid that this one is just not going to do.

Honeywell HZ-7300 Deluxe Energy Smart Cool Touch Heater, Black
Honeywell HZ-7300 Deluxe Energy Smart Cool Touch Heater, Black
Price: $45.62
66 used & new from $34.22

2.0 out of 5 stars GO LOOK FOR ANOTHER MORE RELIABLE HEATER, June 16, 2015
I much preferred the older model - it was a lot easier to set the heat. This was for a 9X9 room where my bunny spends the winter, and I cannot rely on it. I am going to have to use it for another room. The next one I buy will not be a Honeywell!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8