Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for PJG > Reviews

Browse

PJG's Profile

Customer Reviews: 30

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

PJG RSS Feed (Dallas, TX)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Nillkin Matte Hard Case Cover with LCD Guard for Nokia Lumia 1520 - Retail Packaging
Price: $14.20
6 used & new from $5.76

5.0 out of 5 stars Better Than Incipio, October 31, 2015
Good textured grip, thin, and light. I've had two drops with this case and both the phone and case survived with only a minimal scratch on the corner.

Destiny - Standard Edition - Xbox One
Destiny - Standard Edition - Xbox One
Offered by Anthony's Things For Sale
Price: $19.99
263 used & new from $6.87

2.0 out of 5 stars Under Delivered, June 26, 2015
I was excited to get Bungie's first game after they parted with Microsoft. The "tutorial" was weak and I had no idea what was what or where to go. THERE IS NO INSTRUCTION MANUAL. No paper version, no digital version, no web version...nada. I was expecting a more social experience based on the news leading up to the launch of the game. I needlessly spent time trying to figure out why I could not talk to players in their social space because the ability does not even exist. After an hour of play time, I didn't pick it up again for about six months.

I decided to try and make another play of the game and started with a brand new character. As before, I was sort of left wondering what I was supposed to do, where to go, etc. So I took to the web in search of information. Hours upon hours of searching as I played through the core game to catch up to get more information, a lot of my searches revolved around the simple abilities of how to actually play the game. I couldn't understand why there wasn't match making in half of it, what the pattern is for public events, enemy types for bounties, etc. etc. etc. It is pretty insane how fragmented information is on how to play the actual game. Various websites, forums, old articles, etc. And on top of that, as Bungie patched items in the game, information became outdated and was still listed in the top of search results. As I gained more experience, acquired coveted weapons, armors, completed raids, I started to like the game. I've never cared for the PVP as it felt dated and slow, except for the "Iron Banner" events they hold. You'll have to look that event up by the way, and then you'll realize your character isn't ready as level caps matter. Thankfully it has matchmaking.

The House of Wolves content is actually really good and brings some fixes to how the story is told, sadly it doesn't fix the core story for new players. For the campaign and PvE elements, it is solid for the most part. Yet again, Bungie doesn't have matchmaking in most of the new activities. You'll have to search for service to find other players. Yep, it's a total pain and you'll waste plenty of time just trying to get a group together to do core activities in the game. Also introduced was a super elite PvP mode that was pretty fun the first week when everyone was new at it; now I play if I just want to be cannon fodder and rage quit. Their wonderful matchmaking system will even put you up against the same team that beat you 5-0 so they can do it all over again. Then there is a new PvE mode that is horde mode type activity with some objectives thrown in. Bungie decided to introduce a level that is higher than the level cap of the game itself. Then they add a boss fight that is ridiculous and not even fun. You can literally spend four hours on this one element and play it over and over again, with new people as players drop out and come in, and eventually have to just give up because you need to sleep. And they have already made some "fixes" to make it better.

Overall Destiny is fun, but is evolving into an elitist game where only the best players and best groups acquire the best items. There are too many in game currencies, not enough matchmaking, no tutorials, single player “explore” or “practice mods” for raids and other complex in game activities, way too limited vault space to store gear, inadequate mobile apps, lack of social features, and lack of social features.

This was a great concept and Bungie should just release a “Destiny 2” and start fresh with everything learned. A 2nd year of content is simply putting lipstick on a pig. Underneath it all, it’s a broken game, but the concept for a future release is there and could be very exciting.

Brown Quicksand Frosted Hard Case for Nokia Lumia 1520
Brown Quicksand Frosted Hard Case for Nokia Lumia 1520

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Durable, May 26, 2015
The first case shipped was designed to allow access to the SD and Sim slot on the side, but the thin piece did not wear well and broke a few weeks later. I replacement was sent that had an updated design covering the Sim and SD slot, which was fine with me. However, the corners started to fracture and two eventually broke off. I did not even bother with a return or exchange, it's a great color and I like the feel of the material used, but it is not near as strong as Incipio's feather cases which I have reverted back to and is over six months old and still looks new.

Veronica Mars Season One
Veronica Mars Season One
DVD

5.0 out of 5 stars "Castle" meets "Revenge", February 20, 2015
This series has always been highly recommended by friends, but I never paid it much attention. After I started to reach the end of streaming movies, I decided to find a new TV series to watch and chose this. I was very pleasantly surprised by how good this show is. Even though it's set in a High School setting, it has the writing of a more mature mystery drama. I now highly recommend this series and look forward watching all seasons and then the movie.

simplehuman Custom Fit Trash Can Liner Q, 50-65 L / 13-17 Gal, 50-Count Box
simplehuman Custom Fit Trash Can Liner Q, 50-65 L / 13-17 Gal, 50-Count Box
Offered by Home Goods and More
Price: $65.49
4 used & new from $32.02

4.0 out of 5 stars Genuine Product, March 23, 2014
These are genuine and fit perfectly. I was able to validate which size bag I need by looking under the lid of our SH trashcan, I almost ordered the wrong size.

Xbox One Media Remote
Xbox One Media Remote
Price: Click here to see our price
157 used & new from $15.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Missing Cable TV Menu and Select Buttons, March 23, 2014
This review is from: Xbox One Media Remote (Video Game)
I like that the remote has a small form factor and backlit keys, it has a nice build quality that reminds me of a Nokia Lumia 520. I wasn't concerned about it not being programmable since I do utilize Kinect to power everything on via voice controls and the console is programmed to increase the volume accordingly based on the assigned devices. The downside is when I switch over to Uverse and get the classic "Select Recordings" by pressing Ok on the Uverse Remote, there is no such function on this media remote and the "Select" button brings up a redundant set of xbox commands that are all on the remote as actual buttons. (Fast Forward, Pause, Play, etc.) While Microsoft would have to program an abundance of changes for every TV provider, I think it is plausible to do so starting with the larger ones and work their way down the list. Uverse only has 2 or maybe 3 remote standards from what I've seen.

If the select button on the remote would convert to the Uverse standard while watching TV in addition to converting the Xbox menu button to the Uverse menu button would be fantastic, and I hope that is coming in the next software update.

Another thing I have noticed is that the Kinect censor IS NOT carrying the signal to the Xbox, you do have to point it at the Xbox, which I find rather odd. Maybe that is something that will also be fixed in the next update. Or I am completely off on this, but that is my observation.

Overall it's a solid peripheral at a good price (standard retail) and it will be used for watching movies across the various apps and for TV after I press the OK button on the Uverse remote every morning to watch my BBC News.

Windows 8 Professional System Builder OEM DVD  64-Bit [Old Packaging]
Windows 8 Professional System Builder OEM DVD 64-Bit [Old Packaging]

5.0 out of 5 stars MacBook Pro Parallels and Bootcamp, December 26, 2013
I ordered this for one of my developers that wanted to use a MacBook Pro. He was able to install this OEM Builder easily and is running both the Mac OS and Windows 8 Pro OS via Parallels and Bootcamp.

Rubbermaid Aqua Blue Ice Cube Tray Limited Edition Color (Pack of 6)
Rubbermaid Aqua Blue Ice Cube Tray Limited Edition Color (Pack of 6)

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Like Your Mom Has, December 26, 2013
Our icemaker is not able to keep up and we were constantly buying bagged ice. After some common sense and clarity I jumped on Amazon to order some ice trays. These are the "classic" trays that I grew up with. They are very easy to empty, flexible, and appear to be very durable.

Contigo Autoseal West Loop Stainless Steel Travel Mug with Open-Access Lid (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by BuyersPrice
Price: $45.00
2 used & new from $42.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Travel Mug I Have, December 26, 2013
What I like most about this mug is the simplicity of the mug itself. It's stainless steel, or stainless steel with pain on the exterior. I have had ones in the past that have rubber around the base that eventually wears and peels off, others that have a air seal that eventually breaks and I end up with condensation on the inside. The spill proof top is truly spill proof. I set it in my trunk while loading some items and then knocked it over, not a drop came out. After six hours my coffee was still warm, huge plus, and it is very easy to clean.

Guilty By Gucci EDT spray for Men, 3 Ounce
Guilty By Gucci EDT spray for Men, 3 Ounce
Price: $46.74

5.0 out of 5 stars Subtle and Not Overpowering, December 26, 2013
After getting this for myself I purchased it as a gift for my brother in law. It has a nice sweet smell, but is not bitter or sugary (candy) smelling, and it still has that little something that tells you it's a men's cologne. It's not overpowering either, which is a huge plus.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3