Profile for Bill Plunk > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Bill Plunk RSS Feed

Dreamweaver CS5.5: The Missing Manual
Dreamweaver CS5.5: The Missing Manual
by David Sawyer McFarland
Price: $31.84
93 used & new from $0.57

5.0 out of 5 stars Dreamweaver CS5.5 TMM, May 5, 2012
I checked out a lot of different options when it came to learning how to use Dreamweaver CS5.5 and finally settled on The Missing Manual as my learning choice after reading reviews and doing some investigation. This was the first time I'd used a TMM product and I found it extremely user friendly, well organized and structured, and the tutorials included practical and easy to use and reuse examples as a way to get comfortable with what Dreamweaver is capable of. I hadn't used DW for over a decade so while a few things were still familiar from that far back, much of it was not and the TMM assumed nothing and was perfect as a step-by-step guide on learning the ins and outs of this latest version of Dreamweaver. After spending two weeks reading and working through the tutorials, I was able to completely rebuild my own website using CSS (something I had never worked with before) and HTML along with advanced Java Spry features without any issues. Well worth the money and the time it takes to read and work through it. The Advanced sections provide insight into PHP and dynamic data-base driven websites as well and that provided enough of a touchstone for me to identify what additional information I needed to research and investigate to take advantage of those features and capability as well.