Profile for Great Believer > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 11

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Great Believer "kennedydotkom" RSS Feed (Los Angeles, CA)

Page: 1 | 2
Undertones
Undertones
Price: $14.71
18 used & new from $6.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Corey Smith Does another GREAT job, May 22, 2011
This review is from: Undertones (Audio CD)
Corey Smith is obviously one of the best singer/songwriters to come out of the South along with many others. The difference with this CD and other CD's of Corey, is that he is telling it like it is with words that we all can relate to, feelings and emotions about everday life and a voice as smooth as sweet tea and pecan pie. I did pick up additional tunes from a live compliation Corey has going on iTunes. Like everything Corey does, it is all about real life including a great song about the Po Po. I personally have all of Corey Smith's CD's, but this one sticks out as he is always hitting home with undertones. If they had more than 5 stars, he would get it. I would love to see him in concert, listen to this CD and you will understand why.

Jason Coley
Jason Coley
Offered by jenson_online_inc
Price: $8.27
6 used & new from $4.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Great music by a great Country artists - but $$$$$, March 8, 2010
This review is from: Jason Coley (Audio CD)
Jason Coley is good to see live and I suspect will get even better in the future. Shotgun is a classic in most country towns. The one down side, and major downside is the price for the tunes you get. I understand the issues with label contracts and distribution and all that, but this much talent deserves to be heard. I paid the price because every song is great. I cannot wait until a 10 - 12 song CD. The live concerts are top notch and Jason truly gets out with the fans, no uppity dude there - he knows his roots. I saw Jason with Colt Ford, and the styles of music are 100% different, but Jason loves to have fun and plays so that you are having fun. He has to soon be up there Chris Young, Eric Church or Zand Brown (add some Randy Houser in there). he will be toppin the charts soon. It seems he has everything it takes mut the raecord lable - and the distribution arm. If you are 25 or 45, you will know exactly what he is singing and talking about. Jason Coley reminds me of the wit of Brad Paisley and the soul or Tim McGraw. He is country, today. But he still knows how to Hank it.

Haywire
Haywire
Price: $7.00
51 used & new from $1.78

5.0 out of 5 stars This has to be five star if you are a Countryfan, March 8, 2010
This review is from: Haywire (Audio CD)
I pre-ordered this CD and when it arrived, I liked it, abut now I love it. It is country all the way and there should be NO CAUTION because it is the fourth he has put out. I have the extended version with the extra tracks, but either way, it is great country music by a great country performer. Yes, it has variety for those who do not like every song to sound like the one before. No, Josh did not change style or doing any unusual, it is what you like from the artist you liked all his songs before. Yes, I love my Hank and George and Wille, but this is gonna be a classic as well. With all the new artists and good songs coming out from the likes of Chris Young and Eric Church and of course Zac Brown Band, country is here to be country and not going for all the cross over's. This CD will give you county, gold old boy style and still has all the talent to make last the test of time. I do not like to write a positive, negative or middle of the road review. I call it as I hear it. This one by Josh Turner is a winner and can's wait for the concert. I will tell you, it plays very well at the local bars with the local folks. He sings it and plays it like it is. I work hard for my dollar and this was worth the wait and money.

Ala-Freakin-Bama
Ala-Freakin-Bama
Price: $1.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Roll Tide Roll - Ala Bama Jama, December 23, 2009
This review is from: Ala-Freakin-Bama (MP3 Music)
The song has been around for a while, but Trace adds his own thrust to make this all about Bama Jama. This is Country at its freakin honky tonk best. I wish Trace would have put it on "X" or another CD. The download is good, but would love to have a hard copy for the car. Now, I am from Ala-freakin-Bama, but you sure as all heck do not have to be to like this Country Boy, farmers tan big green tractor song. Since it was released on 12/22, this is my holiday present for sure. Roll Tide Roll ! ! !

Insidious
Insidious
16 used & new from $2.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Insidious or Hideous?, November 29, 2007
This review is from: Insidious (Audio CD)
Hoping the band would improve over time, listening to this CD shows something's do not improve with time. The smooth but haunting vocals are interesting at first, but after a while are so repetitive it becomes dreadful and repugnant. The lyrics get more boring song after song, almost childish and funny. Goth is so much more than this revolting impersonation of other bands. I am still trying to decide if I should use it as a coaster or a sleeping aide. They sound like they were asleep during the writing and performing. This is not Goth at its best, this is Goth at rest. A couple of the early recordings are much better. This is a CD that is coasting by on hopes that someone will think it is Goth.

She's the Man
She's the Man
Price: $18.78
45 used & new from $0.13

2.0 out of 5 stars Here is the song list - not the soundtrack list., June 9, 2006
This review is from: She's the Man (Audio CD)
The soundtrack is okay, but does not contain all the songs in the movie. I did not like the CD because it was missing too much of what was in the movie. Please note that songs listed here, and in the movie credits, cannot always be found on CD soundtracks. It is the way the business works. But you decide for yourself. I like my soundtracks to match the movie. This CD falls way below the radar.

"Let Go"

"Move Along"

Written and Performed by All American Rejects

"Dirty Little Secret"

Written and Performed by All American Rejects

"Jump Up (If You Feel Alright)"

Written by Steve Best, Brad Ferringo and Delroy Griffiths

Performed by Da Beat Bros.

"Love and Memories"

Written and Performed by O.A.R.

"No Sleep 2Nite"

by Chalie 2Na

"Invincible"

Written by Damian Kulash

Performed by Ok Go
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 12, 2010 11:38 AM PDT

Off To Join The World
Off To Join The World
Price: $11.98
92 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Start, but not great, May 25, 2005
This review is from: Off To Join The World (Audio CD)
I read the lyrics and I thought this would be one heck of a great country CD. The music is good, and the lyrics are very good, but the person who reviewed this CD and said he sounds just like everyone else is so 100% correct. The voice is good, just that Blaine sounds like everyone else and with Kenny and Toby and Tim around, I do not believe Blaine is equal to their emotional vocals. I have listened to the CD many times, always hoping I will change my mind because Blaine seems to be such a nice person, but I always feel like I am running on empty. Buy at a discount if you can. Otherwise, listen to the radio and wait until the next CD, which will hopefully allow Blaine to grow and expand his vocal style to be his own, and not every other country singer. I wish I bought it at a discount. The CD is just not enough of Blaine, and too much of Toby, Kenny, Vince and Tim.

Before I Speak
Before I Speak
Offered by mirmedia_movies_and_music
Price: $2.99
165 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow - he ain't kidding around, May 5, 2005
This review is from: Before I Speak (Audio CD)
Okay, so I will admit I bought the CD as a risk because I never heard of Kyle, but just the song named Miss Behavin' had me intrigued that he had talent with lyrics and words at least. Well, I put in, and listened to some child talk on the CD and I thought how I wasted good money. Then, after about 30 seconds, the real Kyle starts in and WOW - here is talent that will knock on your (well the part of the body you use for sitting). Miss Behavin' is my favorite track, along with Before I Speak, but I cannot stop listening to all of it. It is a bluesy type of rock, in the style of John Mayer, and Jack Johnson, but he has more talent in his lyrics and riffs. Now, I listen to it at least once a day, and when other people hear it, they ask "who is that, it's pretty cool", and when I say Kyle Riabko, they all say WHO????? But then they listen and now they too are buying. He is an acquired tatse, and not for your typical high school socialite, but more for those who like "different", but GOOD. I could not believe he was 17. When I hear him on the CD, I thought he was older and the picture on the cover was his "early day", but I guess he is 17, but would fill the blues and rock houses of Chicago or parts of New York, and deffinately the college campus scene. I am glad he is 17, because it only means years of more and better CD's, but this is well worth every penny and although I like rap and metal (which CD is NOT), Kyle has me singing his tunes as I walk down the street. I am sure he will get all the bumps and lumps John Mayer did from critics when he started in Birmingham, as well as Johnny Lang, but here is talent that you can hear. I would love to see him perform in concert. The dude rocks. This time the universe was on my side when I took a blind leap and paid for a CD I never heard. But as a warning, you have to get past the little kid talking on the 1st and last track, it is short in time, but annoying as heck that you just have to ignore. But don't miss out on great talent because of a bad creative decision that someone actually thought a person would like to turn on a CD an have a kid talk to you like to stepped in to day care. Keep misbehaving Kyle. I need more music from you because 1 CD is NOT enough!

Songs For Silverman
Songs For Silverman
81 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Good music, wierd protection on the CD/DVD, April 27, 2005
This review is from: Songs For Silverman (Audio CD)
Well, Amazon says this selection is dual disc, but list 1 disc, so I am not sure what that means. 1 disc that serves dual purposes? The fact that not all CD and DVD players will accept these discs makes this a risky buy, but I do not believe in illegal downloads, so I have to risk it and either be burnt or happy. I heard all the songs, and there is no way you will rock out to the CD, but they are all good in their own respect. Great lyrics but begining to sound like John Mayer. It is an evolution for Ben Fold, so I say go for it if you are a fan. If you are not a fan, it doesn't matter what Ben Fold traditionally sounds like, because you have not heard their music in the past, except on some radio stations. To hear the songs, if not on this page of Amazon, the songs are avaialable on the higher priced special packaged version on Amazon. Jesusland is very cool track, and would have been great right after the elections, but a bit tiring this late in the game. All the rest of the tracks should win you over. If you want to save some trouble, barrow this CD from someone who has purchased it and try it in your CD and DVD player. If it works, all is good with the universe, if not, then write the label and tell them that their hair plugs are in wrong and they messed up a good thing.

What a Girl Wants
What a Girl Wants
65 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Where's The Beef?, January 22, 2004
This review is from: What a Girl Wants (Audio CD)
On this soundtrack, too much very good and great arrangements are missing that were in the movie. You will not hear James Brown's 'Get Up Offa That Thing' which was even better when played by Oliver James at the party in the film. You will also not hear 'Have I Told You Lately', 'What A Wonderful World", 'Heaven Is A Place On Earth', 'Shout', 'Because You Love Me' and 'You Get Me'. I bought the CD based on other reviews, and when I listened the first time, it was good, but wow - it is like buying a hamburger and leaving out the beef. Taste good but leaves you feeling as though you missed something. Oh well, at least they were kind enough to include Oliver James songs on the CD. Who ever put the soundtrack together, must have forgotten to cut Oliver out too, because they sure cut out all the rest of the best. This could have been the greatest soundtrack, but the record label missed.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 21, 2008 4:51 PM PDT