Profile for Dale Martin Jr. > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Dale Martin Jr. RSS Feed

X-ACTO X5285 13 Blades in Zippered Storage Case, Black
X-ACTO X5285 13 Blades in Zippered Storage Case, Black
Price: $21.10
7 used & new from $21.10

5.0 out of 5 stars Great knife set!, May 2, 2015
This knife set is great. The blades are color coded to the handles, so you know which handle and blade combination to use. Plus being X-Acto, means the blades are razor sharp.

Gerber 30-000405 Venture Assisted Opening Clip Folder Knife
Gerber 30-000405 Venture Assisted Opening Clip Folder Knife
Price: $43.59
63 used & new from $24.69

1.0 out of 5 stars Save your money, July 9, 2014
I bought this Gerber knife after looking at it on Gerber's website. They black out almost every single knife where it looks like you're getting a black blade. Which was one reason I wanted it. I receive it and the blade is the color of regular knife steel. Plus the blade was so dull that it would not even cut a single piece of 20lb bond printer paper! What a giant joke. When I buy a knife that costs $79 on Gerber's website, I expect it to be razor sharp and for it to stay that way. After thinking it over for a day, I decided to return it to Amazon and purchase a similar looking Kershaw knife who's blade is actually black. Plus Kershaw claims that it's knife is very sharp. That looks and sounds much better to me.

Sony LCS-U10 Soft Carrying Case for Camcorder (Black)
Sony LCS-U10 Soft Carrying Case for Camcorder (Black)

2.0 out of 5 stars Way too small, July 26, 2012
I purchased this video camera case to hold the Sony HDR-CX210 a very small camcorder. And this camcorder bag is too small to hold anything but the camcorder itself and its battery. I wanted a bag that would at least fit the charger cables in it as well as the camcorder. I promptly returned this bag to Amazon and purchased something much bigger.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 21, 2012 10:24 AM PDT

Sony HDR-CX210 High Definition Handycam 5.3 MP Camcorder with 25x Optical Zoom (Black)
9 used & new from $155.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Great little video camera except for the battery, July 26, 2012
The Sony HDR-CX210 is Sony's lowest high definition model. It is also the lowest model with a touch screen. You turn on the camera by opening the video screen. There is no on/off button. It focuses very well even in low light. I have found that it will take about 90 minutes of HD video in the HQ mode which is not the highest resoloution. Which is good since the battery that comes with it is only good for 90 minutes and they recommend that doing any playback be done with the power cord attached. In the High definition HQ setting, it uses about 9Mb per second of video. It transfers the videos to your computer quite fast, and will even burn it to DVD with the software you download. But you cannot use these DVD's in a DVD player unless you first convert it to the .mpg format with some other software first. I guess that and the batteries capacity are my only gripes. On the positive side, I really like the size & weight of the camcorder. Its quick startup time and the sharp focusing of this model.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 21, 2012 6:56 AM PST

Canon Speedlite 430EX II Flash for Canon Digital SLR Cameras
Canon Speedlite 430EX II Flash for Canon Digital SLR Cameras
Price: $259.00
64 used & new from $170.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Professional flash at a amatuer price., July 26, 2012
The Canon Speedlite 430EX II flash is not Canon's top of the line flash. To get that you'd have to spend $300 more. The only thing this flash cannot do is to be a master flash. But it will be a slave unit to your built in flash. At least with the EOS Rebel T3i and higher EOS cameras. I purchased this flash because the pop up flash on my EOS Rebel T3i is a little harsh. After receiving the Speedlite I could immediately see a difference in the photos taken with the flash. The light was not harsh at all. It looked natural in the shutter priority mode. I'm sure the photos would be just as fantastic in the full auto mode as well. The flash is sturdily built. The locking mechanism keeps the neck of the flash well connected to the camera body. The flash's buttons were a bit hard to press to get the LCD backlight turned on Etc. I found my pinky worked the best. I'm hoping it is just my particular flash. The 430 EX II has plenty of flash coverage. Over 30 feet at ISO 100. Plenty to bounce the flash off the ceiling and get a good exposure. I am a semi-pro photographer and I am impressed at this flash's abilities. With NIMH rechargeable batteries it is ready to go in less than 2 seconds and recovers in less than 1 second between shots with fresh batteries. I would say at $279 the Canon Speedlite 430EX II is well worth the money and should be one of the first accessories for a digital SLR you purchase!