Profile for Kindle Customer > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 11

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Kindle Customer RSS Feed (VA)

Page: 1 | 2
Staff of Serapis, The
Staff of Serapis, The
Price: $1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great short read, September 30, 2014
A fun short read to pass the time between books. reading about the blending of the two cultures is enlightening. I hope he writes more like this in a longer format.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, but tiny!, December 17, 2013
I received this item as a gift. It is beautifully crafted but small. This picture makes it look larger then what it really is. I will still wear it though. Blessed be.

Rupert's Tales: The Wheel of the Year - Samhain, Yule, Imbolc, and Ostara
Rupert's Tales: The Wheel of the Year - Samhain, Yule, Imbolc, and Ostara
by Kyrja
Price: $14.83
34 used & new from $12.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!!, June 26, 2012
This is a delightful book with wonderful illustrations and engaging stories. Rupert is so adorable!! I can not wait to share this book my family coven! It is great!

Rupert's Tales: The Wheel of the Year Beltane, Litha, Lammas, and Mabon
Rupert's Tales: The Wheel of the Year Beltane, Litha, Lammas, and Mabon
by Kyrja
Price: $14.63
38 used & new from $12.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Splended!, June 6, 2012
I love this book! The artwork is child friendly, the stories are engaging and Rupert is adorable! When the Goddess and God do make an apearence, they do not look like they came from Fantasy Art, but are still attractive and modest in dress and apperance. That has been my problem with most childrens literature, they do not need to use fantasy art to represent the Divine Couple. Although the Beltane story was a bit long for my 5 year old daughter, the content is age appropriate. Highly recommend this for any pagan family. I just ordered the second book and hope to include these stories into my family coven soon. Blessed Be.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 13, 2012 4:56 PM PDT

Circle Round and Sing!
Circle Round and Sing!
Price: $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun music for adults and kids alike!, February 3, 2012
This review is from: Circle Round and Sing! (MP3 Music)
Awesome music for kids to get into on a daily basis! The lyrics are clean and catchy and just fun! I recommend the music more then I do the book!

Circle Round: Raising Children in Goddess Traditions
Circle Round: Raising Children in Goddess Traditions
by Starhawk
Price: $14.78
74 used & new from $4.50

3.0 out of 5 stars Good to a point, February 3, 2012
I have to agree with most of the reviews. This book is an awesome tool for explaining the Goddess and God to kids of all ages. I like the stories, music, menus and crafts as they pertain to each Sabbat. I like how it is organized and presented. My daughter enjoys the music more then what the book offers, but I am happy with it as a tool for my coven. I also wish they sold the CD and book together as a combo pack instead of seperately.
My reasoning for the 3 stars instead of 4 is simple. I am dismayed that Starhawk, and the boys mother for that matter, would allow a 14 year old boy to discuss sex the way he did. It was a sick joke, showing a lack of respect for sex and his partner. I placed an "x" over it and noted in the book, "this is an attitude we do NOT want from a boy!" The life changes for teens was definetely lacking teen boy and teen perspective.
I have to be honest and give it 3 stars, if not for the section listed above, this book would have received 4 stars.
Hope this helps!

A Lady Never Surrenders (The Hellions of Halstead Hall)
A Lady Never Surrenders (The Hellions of Halstead Hall)
by Sabrina Jeffries
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: $7.19
287 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars It was a great read!, February 3, 2012
I love this book! It was fun, entertaining and I could not put it down! Ms. Jefferies writes fun stories that make an afternoon very enjoyable. Add a glass of wine, a cozy fireplace, any of her books and what a nice escape!Cheers!

Growing Up Pagan: A Workbook for Wiccan Families
Growing Up Pagan: A Workbook for Wiccan Families
by Raine Hill
Price: $14.31
46 used & new from $11.76

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for 5 year olds and younger, November 4, 2011
As a pagan mom, I wanted some assistance in teaching my faith to my 5 year old daughter. This product was not it and it was returned within 48 hours. I feel it was created more for the older kids then my young child.

I did not like the artwork. It was fantasy art that would be more appropriate for adults. The Goddess images being portrayed were not images that any mother would want for her daughter to idolize. The Lord of the Hunt was a little imtimadating.

The Wheel of the Year explanations were lacking, only 4 Sabbats were being explained, not all 8.

I did like the explanation of the "altar". I thought that was very fitting for the my daughters age. I thought the use of the quizes and crosswords would be fun if my daughter was older. I also liked the sun and moon prayers. I felt those perfect for my daughters age.

Overall, I was disappointed. I did not find what I wanted in this product. If you are teaching this path to a 5 year old, this book, in my opinion, will not help.

I hope it works for someone.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 6, 2011 5:39 PM PST

Russ Berrie  Yomiko German Shepherd 14"
Russ Berrie Yomiko German Shepherd 14"

5.0 out of 5 stars My daughters favorite toy, June 11, 2010
My daughter takes this toy with her all the time to show and tell at school. Its been dragged on the ground and still is in one peice. Even survived the washer and dryer.

Gari Melchers: His Works in the Belmont Collection
Gari Melchers: His Works in the Belmont Collection
by Joseph G. Dreiss
29 used & new from $6.23

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent resource for the history of a painting, June 11, 2010
Although the book is lacking in the color department, (and their are some color plates) it is an invaluable resource as to the history of each painting. It also shows how Mr. Melchers originally painted it, then if it was changed, as he was known to do and why. (In Holland with and without the windmill, Protrait of Mrs. Melchers with and without the tree)It has helped me with the history of a "family" painting that is in this book. If you want a color photo of one of his pieces, buy a postcard or print. Do not rely on the book for that. Its sole purpose is to inform and educate.

Page: 1 | 2