Profile for J. Case > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 15

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J. Case RSS Feed (VA)

Page: 1 | 2
The Spirit Connection
The Spirit Connection
Price: $11.11

5.0 out of 5 stars A straight forward introduction to Mediums without the witchcraft., March 30, 2015
I enjoyed reading this book. Ms. Lukas' interview of a select group of mediums gives great insight into their gift. They explain who their Spirit guides and how they came to know them. Her book also includes the selected mediums contact information as well. Cheers!

Called Home: Finding Joy in Letting God Lead Your Homeschool
Called Home: Finding Joy in Letting God Lead Your Homeschool
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A fast read, December 23, 2014
I enjoyed this book. It does repeat a bit in the appendix with another of her books. Overall informative and encouraging.

Simply Homeschool: 2nd Edition: Have Less Fluff and Bear More Fruit
Simply Homeschool: 2nd Edition: Have Less Fluff and Bear More Fruit
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely different from the first edition., December 21, 2014
I was privileged to hear her speak at a homeschool conference recently. Her message has made feel more confident and comfortable in not over scheduling my day. The addition to this edition is a huge help. Also, true to the title, this book was straight to the point with no fluff. I am glad I bought this book.

The Hypothyroid Menu: Eating Well With The Natural Approach To Hypothyroidism (thyroid, ultimate health, hcg, glands, hormones, 30 days, best health)
Price: $2.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Lacking in recipes, December 4, 2014
A lot of good info. Just very short and not a lot of recipes. I was thinking there would be more then 3. Although recipe 3 does look yummy. Good luck.

The Staff of Serapis
The Staff of Serapis
Price: $1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great short read, September 30, 2014
A fun short read to pass the time between books. reading about the blending of the two cultures is enlightening. I hope he writes more like this in a longer format.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, but tiny!, December 17, 2013
I received this item as a gift. It is beautifully crafted but small. This picture makes it look larger then what it really is. I will still wear it though. Blessed be.

Rupert's Tales: The Wheel of the Year - Samhain, Yule, Imbolc, and Ostara
Rupert's Tales: The Wheel of the Year - Samhain, Yule, Imbolc, and Ostara
by Kyrja
Price: $17.28
56 used & new from $13.18

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!!, June 26, 2012
This is a delightful book with wonderful illustrations and engaging stories. Rupert is so adorable!! I can not wait to share this book my family coven! It is great!

Rupert's Tales: The Wheel of the Year Beltane, Litha, Lammas, and Mabon
Rupert's Tales: The Wheel of the Year Beltane, Litha, Lammas, and Mabon
by Kyrja
Price: $16.61
47 used & new from $12.78

5.0 out of 5 stars Splended!, June 6, 2012
I love this book! The artwork is child friendly, the stories are engaging and Rupert is adorable! When the Goddess and God do make an apearence, they do not look like they came from Fantasy Art, but are still attractive and modest in dress and apperance. That has been my problem with most childrens literature, they do not need to use fantasy art to represent the Divine Couple. Although the Beltane story was a bit long for my 5 year old daughter, the content is age appropriate. Highly recommend this for any pagan family. I just ordered the second book and hope to include these stories into my family coven soon. Blessed Be.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 13, 2012 4:56 PM PDT

Circle Round and Sing!
Circle Round and Sing!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun music for adults and kids alike!, February 3, 2012
This review is from: Circle Round and Sing! (MP3 Music)
Awesome music for kids to get into on a daily basis! The lyrics are clean and catchy and just fun! I recommend the music more then I do the book!

Circle Round: Raising Children in Goddess Traditions
Circle Round: Raising Children in Goddess Traditions
by Starhawk
Price: $15.67
104 used & new from $4.47

3.0 out of 5 stars Good to a point, February 3, 2012
I have to agree with most of the reviews. This book is an awesome tool for explaining the Goddess and God to kids of all ages. I like the stories, music, menus and crafts as they pertain to each Sabbat. I like how it is organized and presented. My daughter enjoys the music more then what the book offers, but I am happy with it as a tool for my coven. I also wish they sold the CD and book together as a combo pack instead of seperately.
My reasoning for the 3 stars instead of 4 is simple. I am dismayed that Starhawk, and the boys mother for that matter, would allow a 14 year old boy to discuss sex the way he did. It was a sick joke, showing a lack of respect for sex and his partner. I placed an "x" over it and noted in the book, "this is an attitude we do NOT want from a boy!" The life changes for teens was definetely lacking teen boy and teen perspective.
I have to be honest and give it 3 stars, if not for the section listed above, this book would have received 4 stars.
Hope this helps!