Profile for HmacJr > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 12

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

HmacJr RSS Feed (Trenton, NJ United States)

Page: 1 | 2
NFL Philadelphia Eagles 68-Inch Grill Cover
NFL Philadelphia Eagles 68-Inch Grill Cover
Price: $22.81
31 used & new from $20.50

3.0 out of 5 stars An OK cover, March 18, 2011
Purchased this item about year and a half ago and I was able to squeeze two seasons out of it. I live in a highly sunny area and it took it's toll on the cover. It is not high quality but it looks nice for a little while. You get what you are paying for. Make sure to Velcro the bottom of the cover together and it won't go flying around your yard. I had it happen once and then figured out the Velcro straps were attached.

CompTIA Security+: Get Certified Get Ahead: SY0-201 Study Guide
CompTIA Security+: Get Certified Get Ahead: SY0-201 Study Guide
by Darril Gibson
Price: $32.39
62 used & new from $5.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellnet Author and Writer, August 26, 2010
I purchase this book after seeing it offered on an tech forum I frequently visit. I am very pleased that I purchased this for my exam preparation. This author takes the time to explain things in plain English and makes sure you really understand the subject. He also points you in the right direction if you need or want additional information. I do believe that this book assisted me in passing the Security+ exam.
Don't fool yourself the Security+ is not some simple exam that you will just breeze through it twenty minutes and if you do you A. really know your stuff or you used "Questionable" resources to study from.
If you are looking for material that will assist you with this exam you have found the right book. Look at what all the other reviewers are saying. As IT pro and tech we don't like material that ends up costing us money because it failed to give us what we needed to pass an exam.
I would give this book ten stars if I could.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 27, 2010 9:15 AM PDT

MCTS Windows 7 Configuration Study Guide: Exam 70-680
MCTS Windows 7 Configuration Study Guide: Exam 70-680
by William Panek
42 used & new from $1.38

3.0 out of 5 stars Mediocre Source at best, August 26, 2010
I like Sybex books most of the time. I have read though this book twice and completed the labs in each chapter. I have used some testing engines from quality training companies and if they are anything like the actual exam then this book will not suffice. Some chapters in the book leave you hanging and wanting more information. While 70-680 is not designed to be super simple exam it is also not one of the hardest either. I think that the author took the overview of the exam and wrote as much as needed to be sufficient but not enough to really teach you anything.
I have decided to purchase the pocket administrators guide to windows 7 and the tech resource manual for windows 7 to go along with this.

Ateco 20-Inch Length Maple French Rolling Pin
Ateco 20-Inch Length Maple French Rolling Pin
Price: $11.71
8 used & new from $8.05

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Rolling Pin, August 26, 2010
I purchased this after reading a couple of cook books that recommended it. I find that it does make it easier to roll out dough and pie crusts. I like the fact that I can use the thinner ends to push my dough out razor thin. While that is not always what you want to do you also have the thicker center to get that nice even consistency across the whole dough if you desired. While this is not for everyone I thing the price is right and it is very universal.

Windows 7 Resource Kit
Windows 7 Resource Kit
by Tony Northrup
Price: $44.78
59 used & new from $12.07

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential for any IT Administrator or IT Help Desk, August 26, 2010
This review is from: Windows 7 Resource Kit (Paperback)
This is an absolute must have for anyone that will be or is running windows 7. This book is massive think two phone books stacked together. While you can get a lot of this information from MS TechNet, sometimes it is just nice to have a hardcopy resource. I really like the eBook on the CD that comes with this it makes it handy to have on my laptop when I go out in the field. This is not a book that you just chill out and read with coffee. That is unless you are really board. I highly recommend this book for any Administrators bookshelf.

Neo-Flex LCD Arm
Neo-Flex LCD Arm
Price: $64.99
66 used & new from $50.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Not a high tech arm, August 26, 2010
I have used Ergotron products for a while and know that they are decent quality. I looked over the specs for this arm before purchase and made sure that it was what I needed. The arm installed easily, nothing too complicated. I do like the fact that the arm comes with two mounting brackets.

Something to keep in mind with this arm is that it is totally manual, no fancy hydraulic lift or gas pistons to assist movement. You will be using a Allen/hex key to make any real adjustments to this arm. Like another reviewer said this is not meant for constant adjustment. You have one big button on the side of the arm to raise and lower the screen if desired.

Overall for the current price of this arm it is a real deal. While I could have went for the newer unit this one serves my current need.

Executive Intent: A Novel
Executive Intent: A Novel
by Dale Brown
211 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars What Happen to the techno thriller, August 13, 2010
I have been an avid Dale Brown reader from way back all the way back to the cheetah days. I have enjoyed many of his books but this one did not strike that cord with me. The story starts out strong and then gets about midway through the book and looses the way. Not to spoil the book but to wrap a whole lot of things up in a single chapter is not the Dale I remember. This book had a real chance at being good but was left as they say on the cutting room floor. One can only hope that the next book is better.

Bayer 502610B 2-in-1 Systemic Rose & Flower Care Granules - 4 lb. (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by Great Household
Price: $23.35
5 used & new from $11.21

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy Rose Care and great product, September 13, 2009
I have been a rose Gardner for many years, I remember when this product was made by Ortho and called Rose Pride. This product really helps with the pests and diseases that roses tend to acquire. Though it does not stop all pests (cane borers) it stops the major ones that cause serious damage and spread disease. I treat all my plants on the same monthly regiment and make sure to do it every four to six weeks making a note on my calendar. Like one other reviewer said you will not see immediate results with this since it is systemic. For the best results make sure to read the package and work the granules into the soil and water in.

NFL Philadelphia Eagles Apron
NFL Philadelphia Eagles Apron
Offered by Big_Box_Bargains
Price: $6.33
13 used & new from $6.33

5.0 out of 5 stars Great eagles apron, September 7, 2009
I purchased this apron for my wife as a replacement for one that she discolored in the wash. The apron is made of decent quality material and I think would be a must for any Eagles fan.

New Metro Design Beater Blade for KitchenAid 6-Quart & 5-Plus Mixers, White
New Metro Design Beater Blade for KitchenAid 6-Quart & 5-Plus Mixers, White
Offered by Bluebridge Overstock
Price: $16.79
29 used & new from $15.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Blade, September 7, 2009
I seen this blade in a local store for way more money than I thought it was worth. I came to Amazon.com looking for a bargain and indeed it was a much better price. I have had the blade for over a month and just had a chance to use it over the Labor Day weekend. I have the six quart Kitchen Aid Pro mixer and this blade is fantastic. I must caution you though, READ the instructions on how to ADJUST your mixer. I can see why other people had this blade break with their mixer. It would be very easy just to pop this blade in and assume you can start cooking. I made sure to adjust my blade and I have perfect cleaning action within the bowl.

If you like stopping your mixer to scrape the sides then just keep doing what you are doing. If on the other hand you would prefer to bake or cook with efficiency and not have to keep stopping your mixer to scrape the sides I would highly recommend this attachment. I am not one to collect "gadgets" for the kitchen so each item that comes into my kitchen better get used or it goes to the donation or yard sale bin. This blade will not be going to either of those places.

I would rate this as a highly recommend attachment for any baker or cook that has a kitchen aid mixer.

Page: 1 | 2