Profile for Gabriel Young > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 269

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Gabriel Young RSS Feed (Warwick, PA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Ultimate Arms Gear 5 in 1 Tactical Modular Deployment Compact Utility Carry Bag MOLLE Case Heavy Duty Combat Multi-Functional Equipment Survival Assault Transport Compatible Pistol Gun Camera Electronic Device Gear Pack with Adjustable Slip Shoulder Detachable Length Straps Modular PALS Attachment System Shooting Range Patrol (Stealth Black)
Offered by Tactical Deals
Price: $21.99
6 used & new from $21.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy small bag; just replace the zipper pulls, October 8, 2014
As some have noted, this bag is very small. To put it in perspective, I wear a size 11 and I can't even get a single shoe in it. For the right needs, this bag could be perfect.

PROS
- Compact size for compact needs
- Durable materials and construction
- MOLLE compatibility a big plus
- Straps can be connected on top or sides (for shoulder or belt carry)

CONS
- Loose stitching needed to be trimmed
- Zippers make way too much noise (I had to buy a pack of plastic zip pulls to replace these)

Vacu Vin Rapid Ice Can Cooler - Silver
Vacu Vin Rapid Ice Can Cooler - Silver
Price: $6.71
8 used & new from $4.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Keeps my soda cold for a few hours, October 8, 2014
Not sure why Vacu Vin made this look like I'm holding a roll of duct tape but it works! It takes me a long time to drink my can of soda, usually 2-4 hours. My soda cans stay cold for about two hours longer with this nifty cooler. In some cases, it actually makes liquid colder for a short while, enough to form small ice crystals! Love it!

Jelly Belly Reusable Cone Cups
Jelly Belly Reusable Cone Cups
Price: $9.29
7 used & new from $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect snow cone holder!, October 8, 2014
We use these to hold snow cones outside. The kids love being able to (1) put their snow cones down and (2) keep their hands from getting cold. So far they survived on summer by the pool; they should last quite a few years since I can't imagine the plastic cracking easily. I'll post an update if that does happen.

Platypus Bite Valve Cover
Platypus Bite Valve Cover
Price: $11.56
28 used & new from $5.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Works well when installed perfectly, October 8, 2014
This review is from: Platypus Bite Valve Cover (Sports)
I bought this to place on my Platypus during paintball. It worked for the most part except when the cover fell off (which ended up on the ground in the middle of a match) and water started spilling everywhere!

As others have noted, there are no instructions. That said, I think the installation is pretty intuitive. The problem is that when you reattach the hose to the tip, with the cover in between, you can't tell how far you've pushed it back in. If it's not attached deep enough, the cover doesn't stay shut. If it's too shallow, the tip can fall out. It basically must be perfectly reattached for neither of those to happen, which may take a little bit of trial and error.

Hawaiian Shaved Ice Heavy Duty Snow Cone Cups, 200 Count
Hawaiian Shaved Ice Heavy Duty Snow Cone Cups, 200 Count
Offered by Hawaiian Shaved Ice
Price: $15.99

5.0 out of 5 stars No leaks, even after a second helping!, August 5, 2014
These are the best snow cone cups I can find. We use these outside by the pool on super hot days and not once have these cups ever dripped, even after my kids get seconds from time to time. Seriously, not a single drop of anything after holding ice, slush, syrupy water, or any other time-lapsed snow cone.

TEKTON 69271 1-1/4-Inch Flex Putty Knife
TEKTON 69271 1-1/4-Inch Flex Putty Knife
Price: $4.94
7 used & new from $1.92

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for basic residential use, August 5, 2014
I use this at home for filling small holes, this putty knife is perfect. When I have bigger jobs, I need a larger, more heavy-duty, knife. For the purposes this is meant for, this knife works extremely well. It bends when it's suppose to, it's stiff when you want it to be. Couldn't ask for more!

Set of 4 Dual Sided Frozen Treat Holders - One End Holds an Ice Cream Cone, and the Other Holds a Popsicle Stick- No More Messes!- Christmas Gift
Offered by Fun Stuff for All
Price: $8.01
5 used & new from $8.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Only good for kids to be able to set treats down; still get messy, August 5, 2014
The idea is awesome but the execution it terrible. We bought these for our kids to use outside by the pool. They love being able use these to set down their ice pop or ice cream cone for few moments from time to time. They also love the colors and how novel it is to have a holder.

That stated, the main reason why we, the parents, bought this is to not have a mess. From that perspective, this product fails. The treats still drip through the hole and the kids hands still get sticky.

We'll continue to use these since the kids like them but we expect the mess to still be there.

Gilmour Full Size Zinc Pistol Grip Nozzle with Threaded Front 573TF
Gilmour Full Size Zinc Pistol Grip Nozzle with Threaded Front 573TF
Price: $7.35
31 used & new from $1.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Never thought it was possible to love a hose nozzle!, June 17, 2014
It looks like it came right out of an episode of Leave It To Beaver but don't be fooled by this retro-looking nozzle. This feels great in my hand and functions way better than the plethora of nozzles I have tried in the past. The trigger has a real nice, snappy, feel to it.

Unlike my other nozzles that are made from plastic, I actually think this will survive a winter outdoors in PA. The only thing I have to get used to is that the type of spray is determined by the pressure I apply on the trigger. Everything else about it is perfect.

***Update*** (Aug 2014)
After several months of use, this is starting to rust. Although I love this nozzle, it's apparent that I will have to replace this at some point. I get that zinc isn't the same as stainless steel but if a nozzle can't survive outside in the summer under the deck for more than a few months, I think something is missing. When is someone going to come up with a "outdoor" product that can survive the outdoors for more than one season? Sorry, had to take a star away from 5 to 4.

Injinji 2.0 Men's Run Lightweight Mini Crew Toesocks, Black, Medium
Injinji 2.0 Men's Run Lightweight Mini Crew Toesocks, Black, Medium
Offered by BAM Partners
Price: $12.00
16 used & new from $10.01

5.0 out of 5 stars What blister?, June 17, 2014
I run about 20 miles a week and have never gotten a blister until last week. I was about 3 miles into an 8 mile run and I literally felt a blister forming between my toes. When I got home, I knew I needed to do something about it; after a little due diligence, I bought these Injinji toesocks.

They arrived 2 days later and couldn't wait to put them on. I ran 8 miles again that day and I couldn't feel my blister at all. It was as if the episode I had just 48 hours earlier never happened!

Since these lightweight socks are relatively thin, I pray these will last a while.

12 Mil Pool Solar Cover 18 x 36 ft. Rectangle
12 Mil Pool Solar Cover 18 x 36 ft. Rectangle
Offered by In The Swim Pool Supplies
Price: $114.99
3 used & new from $114.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Raised my pool temp 18 degrees in two days!, May 28, 2014
Although I have a heater, the cost to use it in early Spring in the Northeast is way too high. When I opened the pool this season on May 8, the pool temp was 58 degrees. Within two days, it was up to 76! Granted we had warm weather and lots of sun those days but I was very impressed. I feel I can use the pool an additional month on both ends of the Summer now!

PROS
- Works great! Heats up the pool and keeps it warm at night
- Easy to cut using a razor knife (I have a kidney-shaped pool)
- Big enough for me to use on three sections (I have a main pool, a spa, and a sun deck)

CONS
- Can't use my robot cleaner while this is on
- Heavy and hard to fold; takes me about 10 minutes to set up/take down
- Must store in a shaded cool place; I stuff it in a deck box when not in use

Overall, this was the biggest value I've gotten out of any purchase for my pool. Love it!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20