Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for Kevin carson > Reviews

Browse

Kevin carson's Profile

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Kevin carson RSS Feed

Buffalo LinkStation 410 4 TB 1-Drive NAS for Home/Home Office (LS410D0401)
Buffalo LinkStation 410 4 TB 1-Drive NAS for Home/Home Office (LS410D0401)
Price: Click here to see our price
60 used & new from $215.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy for backing up your network., October 27, 2014
Hi all.

Here's my story and here's why you should not buy a Linkstation if you intend to use it to backup a network.

I use a Linkstation Pro to backup the pcs on our home network. A hard drive recently crashed on my PC. After installing a new hard drive, loading windows, etc., I went to restore my PC's data off of my linkstation. I could not get any of the data to "import" to Novastor, the backup software that Buffalo sells with the Linkstation. After hours of frustration, reading websites etc., I finally reached Novastor Tech support and learned....believe it or not... Novastor is capable of backing up to a NAS device but cannot restore from a NAS device when the data has to be "imported" (look up what Novastor means by this, but essentially importing is required if your PC's hard disk fails). Novastor's solution is for me to go down to best buy tonight, buy an external hard drive that connects to my PC via usb. Then, copy all the data from my Linkstation to the hard drive. Then I will be able to "import" the backup data and restore.

So, bottom line is if you have a linkstation, do not use Novastor for backup. If you ever do need to restore your data there will be a great deal of extra time and expense required. The "backup solution" Buffalo Technology is selling is horrible.

If you are shopping for a NAS for network backup, don't buy Buffalo Tech. Take advice from a very disappointed user.

And, BTW, I spoke to Buffalo Tech Support. All they could do was escalate the problem. They did explain that it really wasn't their issue because it was a software issue. They didn't seem to grasp that I purchased the software from BUffalo Tech, not Novastor. I tried to use the analogy that if my steering wheel fell off and I complained to Ford, Ford wouldn't claim that the problem was with the steering wheel company and that Ford just builds the car. They didn't seem to get it, though.

Buffalo LinkStation Pro 4 TB High Performance Network Attached Storage (NAS) - LS-V4.0TL
Offered by Click and Save

1.0 out of 5 stars Novastor's solution is for me to go down to best buy tonight, October 27, 2014
Hi all.

Achilles Healing: Achilles Tendinitis Relief and Prevention in 4 Easy Phases
Achilles Healing: Achilles Tendinitis Relief and Prevention in 4 Easy Phases
by Patrick Hafner
Price: $16.95
31 used & new from $7.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I needed, February 21, 2012
This is exactly what I needed to address my injured Achilles tendon. It gives straightforward information on how to treat the injury and an explanation of what can cause the injury. Well done.