Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for lovingamazon > Reviews

Browse

lovingamazon's Profile

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

lovingamazon RSS Feed

10" Cocktail Muddler & Mixing Spoon - Make Flavour Bursting Cocktails With Ease - Arctic Chill - Lifetime Guarantee! (1, 0.5 LB)
Offered by Fresher Products Limited
Price: $10.99
2 used & new from $10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Go ahead - buy it!, September 7, 2015
Great quality - works awesome!

Lamont Home Arianna Bedspread, Full, Ivory
Lamont Home Arianna Bedspread, Full, Ivory
Price: $136.36
3 used & new from $136.36

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!!, January 7, 2014
It is a beautiful spread. Touch of old and touch of new. It is a nice weight too. Not too heavy and not too thin.

The Great Gatsby (A Cornell Edition)
The Great Gatsby (A Cornell Edition)
by F. Scott Fitzgerald
42 used & new from $1.37

3.0 out of 5 stars It was OK, January 9, 2012
The Great Gatsby has been said to be one of the greatest American novels of all time. Personally, I can not agree with the previous statetement. The Great Gatsby deserves three stars in my opinion. The reason being, I lost interest quite easily. This novel did not have me yearning to complete a chapter or even turn the page. The Great Gatsby did not receive less than three stars only because I did not consider it to be one of the worst books I have ever read. Also, one of the few things that I did enjoy about this novel was how well the characters were established in the story.
Due to the lack of interest in the book, I did not throughly enjoy reading it. To some this book might be reviewed more highly, but I did not have any reason to do so. This is due to my lack of connection to the topic of the novel. The very little excitement that occurred in the plot caused the book to be unenjoyable as well.
The characters in the novel were very well developed, due largly to the amount of details given about each of their lives. If it was not for the characters, this book could have been reviewed lower. The characters of The Great Gatsby allowed this book to be somewhat of a success. One of the only things that hooked me into moving forward, was the strong connection between the characters, specifically,Gatsby and Daisy. The characters just fit together like a puzzle piece. I will say, even though I did not successfully connect to the topic, I was able to with the characters. This made the read a little more bearable.
The theme of this novel was most definitely, the rejection of the American Dream. This is a result of the failed love between Gatsby and Daisy. If this novel supported the American Dream, then Daisy and Gatsby would have ended up together, living happily. The reason it did not work out that way, rooted from the need to obtain money and pleasure in a way that destroyed lives.
All in all, I can say that I have most certaintly read better books. The Great Gatsby will not be appearing on my top forty favorite books list either. This novel could use some improvements in order for me to rank it higher.
Comment Comments (8) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 14, 2012 9:06 AM PDT

Grace Digital GDI-AQSHR200 Indoor/Outdoor Water Resistant Wireless Speakers with Dual Powered Transmitter (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

4.0 out of 5 stars They were good...but, July 8, 2011
These speakers were easy to set up and use. I bought them for a pool party for teenagers. The sound was plenty loud enough but interference was a problem. I tried everything I could to make it better. I am afraid the only solution would have been to take up all the cell phones. Under normal circumstances, they would be great...just not around 20 teenagers.

Canon PIXMA MP495 Wireless Inkjet Photo All-In-One (4499B026)
Canon PIXMA MP495 Wireless Inkjet Photo All-In-One (4499B026)
10 used & new from $54.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased!, April 11, 2011
This was super easy to set up. Just needed to retrieve my wireless key and it's been performing beautifully. Had it about 2 months. The speed is great as expected - better than my last inkjet. First wireless printer and I can't believe I waited this long. Follow the directions and you'll be printing quickly.