Profile for Jennifer M. > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 119

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jennifer M. "Amazon Junkie" RSS Feed (CA USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12
OXO Perfect Pull Wipes Dispenser, Green
OXO Perfect Pull Wipes Dispenser, Green
Price: $19.99
15 used & new from $16.39

5.0 out of 5 stars This changed my life, September 10, 2014
If you're using wipes it's probably because you have a baby or young child whose bottom you are responsible for keeping clean. All while using only one hand, unless you have the rare child who holds perfectly still and does not attempt to roll off the changing table, climb the curtains or smear whatever is on the soiled diaper all over his/her or your face. This wipes dispenser will let you wipe those dirty bottoms with one hand. One hand! And it will give you one wipe at a time. One at a time! And they will be moist - not dry. Moist! The ones on the top and the ones on the bottom. And, if that wasn't enough, it has a handy dandy peekaboo feature that let's you know when you are starting to run low on wipes. I have two kids and I own 3 of these dispensers. None have malfunctioned. And guess what? Even after they're potty trained, they come in handy. Wiping noses, cleaning faces and hands - these things still are convenient even after your kids can reach and wipe independently. Buy one.

Fisher-Price Royal Stepstool Potty, Princess Pink
Fisher-Price Royal Stepstool Potty, Princess Pink
Price: $15.99
10 used & new from $15.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute for beginners but not for taller toddlers, May 2, 2013
My mom purchased this for my daughter as an incentive to potty train when she was about 18 months old. It is clearly adorable and plays the fun music when water hits the pressure points at the bottom of the bowl. She used it fine for a few months but is now tall enough (she is a tall 2.5 year old) to where the pee shoots OUT OF rather than INTO the bowl. Every.Single.Time. She also finds it hilarious to rest her feet on the pink plastic bowl handle that sticks out of the front which, of course, would create an even bigger mess. Don't even think about putting this bowl on carpet or near a bath rug.

Aside from the obvious functional failure we have experienced, one other feature drove me crazy before she outgrew it: the sound. As another reviewer stated, it's haunted. You will hear the tinkle tunes start to play when the bowl is empty and no one is around. I finally pulled the whole bottom component out so it would stop because it was more than a little creepy and pretty annoying when it went off while I was trying to get her to sleep in the next room.

For me, the cleaning of the potty was no big deal. Especially since most of the pee never got in it.

Bottom line: cute potty, but crappy seat size and sound effect quality. (No pun intended)

Paris Design Hard Plastic Case for Iphone 4 & 4s
Paris Design Hard Plastic Case for Iphone 4 & 4s

1.0 out of 5 stars Who designed this thing?, October 23, 2012
I purchased this as a gift to give my sister who is a French teacher. I thought it was cute French design without being too girly or youthful. Then I got it and noticed that in addition to the air mail, Eiffel Tower designs there is a picture of a Louisiana license plate. I don't know how I missed that the first time. I just don't get how a Louisiana license plate fits in with this - the Louisiana purchase? It's the sportman's state. Why not a French license plate or just something different altogether.

Wish I'd noticed it before. Not worth it to send back with shipping. Bleh.

Graco Blossom 4-in-1 Seating System, Vance
Graco Blossom 4-in-1 Seating System, Vance
Price: $143.00
19 used & new from $117.26

5.0 out of 5 stars 2 years and still going strong - love it!, October 23, 2012
This high chair is so great. It is comfortable, it grows with your child and it is SO STINKING EASY to clean! Mine still looks brand new after 2 years of meals. Fantastic.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars So disappointed!, October 18, 2012
When I first got the Zoli BOT cup, I was really excited. I have been looking for a straw sippy cup that wouldn't leak and this seemed to fit the bill. I liked how the straw would work at any angle AND I liked that the cup was clear (compared to the thermos brand) so you could see how much was being consumed. I almost went ahead and bought more and the straw cleaner that next day - thank goodness I waited! Man, this thing started leaking like CRAZY. Not just when you tip it upside down, but even as my toddler carries it kind of off center, you can see the trail leaking behind her. What a mess! I will note that on the container box the cup arrived it, it tells you not to hold it upside down, well yeah. You can't hold it any direction but straight up! Not really a skill my little one has mastered yet.

I will return to the Thermos brand straw cups which may leak *a little* but nowhere near as bad as this one. For such an expensive item, I was really hoping for better performance.

Melissa & Doug See-Inside Alphabet Peg Puzzle
Melissa & Doug See-Inside Alphabet Peg Puzzle
Price: $7.99
63 used & new from $6.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Great puzzle for little hands learning their ABCs, October 9, 2012
My daughter is 28 months old and loves this puzzle. She has played with it for a few months and is now able to do it all by herself. I haven't had any issues with peeling stickers (these get used A LOT) nor have we experienced confusion over the pictures under each letter. I also like that there is a picture under each letter piece instead of an identical image of the letter; I feel like it's more of a challenge for them to remember where each letter goes (picture/letter association)and it makes the puzzle that much more interesting. We haven't run into a major issue just because some letters fit into the same space. I mean, V and A will be confusing to kids no matter what, but you just walk them through it and offer gentle corrections. Sometimes she tries to make the E face the wrong direction, but again, it's a common mistake and one I can work with her to correct now.

Some reviews complain that parents need to spend time with their little ones while they work on the puzzle. Well, I would hope that most parents would take the time to work with their kids while they learn their alphabet. Sit down next to them, say the letters aloud, make their sounds, ask them to point to certain letters or pictures, etc. This is a great learning tool, but young children will benefit from your interaction while they play with it.

This puzzle combined with Leap Frog's Letter Factory DVD was all it took for her to learn her capital letters pretty darn quick. The sense of accomplishment and confidence she gets when playing with it makes me very happy with the purchase and I give it a full 5 star recommendation.

Gus Nightlight Girl
Gus Nightlight Girl

4.0 out of 5 stars Just okay in my opinion, August 2, 2012
This review is from: Gus Nightlight Girl (Baby Product)
I wanted something to help transition my 2 year old to falling asleep on her own in her big girl bed. It was between this nightlight and the Fisher Price Seahorse. The Seahorse won by a landslide. This one just lights up when you press it and the bug eyes kind of creep me out. lol. It's also hard plastic, so I thought it would be uncomfortable to keep it next to her in her bed since she moves around so much. So Gus Nightlight is going back.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 26, 2013 8:59 AM PDT

Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn ABC Train
Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn ABC Train
Offered by Rus_Products
Price: $29.99
7 used & new from $5.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little toy for your train lovers - fun songs, too!, August 2, 2012
I saw this first at a friend's house when my daughter was about 12 months old - I wish I had bought it for her then! Instead I waited and waited, eventually thinking that at 2 she was too old for it. I eventually gave in because my little one loves choo choo trains AND the alphabet song. Winning combination! It took me a little while to figure out how to get it to play the alphabet song - you need to push it along it's wheels. It plays different music when you push down on the whistle. So a little confusing (for me, at least), but still a fun toy that my daughter enjoys. Recommend from 12 months on.

Oh Where, Oh Where Has My Little Dog Gone?
Oh Where, Oh Where Has My Little Dog Gone?
by Iza Trapani
Price: $7.52
131 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Another fun book from Iza Trapani, August 2, 2012
My daughter loves books that we sing to her. This is a fun little story that imagines all of the different adventures that the Little Dog experiences before returning home to his owner. A tourist in NYC, a cowboy at a rodeo, a mountain climber, etc. As usual the illustrations are charming and full of fun details for little ones to explore. I will say, it is a rather LONG book. Be prepared to sing your way through a lot of verses! But my daughter enjoys it and I have fun singing it to her.

Play-Doh Sesame Street Fun Shapes Bucket
Play-Doh Sesame Street Fun Shapes Bucket

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect combination of Play Doh and Sesame Street, August 2, 2012
My daughter loves, loves, loves Elmo and really enjoys playing with Play-Doh so I couldn't resist getting this for her. She really enjoys it and spends a lot more time with this activity than just her regular play doh shapes and numbers. We have lots of fun making the character shapes and stamping with all of the pieces that come in this set. It really has a ton of fun stuff in there and even comes with three smallish tubs of Play Doh (yellow, red and blue) so I thought it was a pretty good value. Items are sturdy (they've already been dropped on our tile floor several times) and I think she'll get a lot of enjoyment out of this for a long time.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12