Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro
Profile for AHenk > Reviews

Browse

AHenk's Profile

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

AHenk RSS Feed

Chosen by God
Chosen by God
by R. C. Sproul
Price: $11.24
105 used & new from $1.78

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Read to be informed about Reformed Theology, June 18, 2003
This review is from: Chosen by God (Paperback)
In this book, Sproul gives an excellent overview of Calvinism and basic Reformed theology. He carefully and systematically articulates the five Doctrines of Grace with Scripture, and at the same time, clears up any misconception of Calvinism the reader might have. I love how he doesn't just give the Calvinistic view, but also touches on Arminian views, thoughts and objections as well. I would recommend this book to anyone who wants to learn more about the Doctrines of Grace and Reformed theology because Sproul gives a great, articulated overview of it in this book. I feel this book is also edifying to the believers who subscribe to Calvinism because, as a subscriber to Calvinism myself, it helped further clarify and solidify my own theology.

Found: God's Will (Find the Direction and Purpose God Wants for Your Life)
Found: God's Will (Find the Direction and Purpose God Wants for Your Life)
by John F. MacArthur
108 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars God's Will isn't as elusive as I once thought, April 3, 2003
This book is very short and to the point. I love how MacArthur continually upholds Scripture as the starting and ending place for all things. This book is a continual testimony of how God's Word is the ultimate and only authority for all of life. By reading this book, I now understand that God outlines His Will very clearly in Scripture, and I don't have to look for a "peace" from Him. In fact, doing so is unbiblical! I found, through this book, Scriputre has an answer for ANYTHING I might need, and as I am in God's Word more and more every day, I continually find this to be true. I would recommend this book to all Christians to buy and read and give to all their friends.

The God Chasers: My Soul Follows Hard After Thee
The God Chasers: My Soul Follows Hard After Thee
by Tommy Tenney
Price: $13.19
800 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars A Sad Indicator of the Times We Live In, March 25, 2003
Unfortunately the centrality of this book is man-centerdness. It elevates experience above truth, and trades in the Glory of God for a whimsical experience of man. Tenney talks over and over again about being hungry for God, and how our hunger is the only thing that will cause God to move in our lives and bless us. He goes on to say that if we aren't hungry, God won't move. A problem with this thinking and theology: it discounts God's sovereignty by making it sound like He is dependent on man to move and work. I'm glad that God's work in my life doesn't depend completely on me; He still chases me and moves in my life even in times when I lack a hunger for Him. That's the point of Grace. As evangelicals, we need to move away from the thought that God's Word is optional in our pursuit of communion with God and realize that it is essential. Truth is NOT experiential. It is objective, and it is outside of fallible, fallen man. We need to come back to objective Biblical Truth.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 13, 2009 8:26 AM PST