Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM
Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Browse

Amazon Customer's Profile

Customer Reviews: 74

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amazon Customer RSS Feed (Bakersfield, CA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
LEMONBEST® Bright Cast-Aluminum 3 leds Outdoor Landscape Spotlight Fixture LED Low Voltage Garden Lawn Yard lamp Cool white
Offered by Lemonbest
Price: $29.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Very aptly named. LEMONS.. ALL BUYER BEWARE, February 15, 2016
I foolishly bought 8 of these, thinking I would avoid changing halogen bulbs so frequently on my conventional landscape lights.

Within 6 months, all but one had gotten dimmer and dimmer until then didn't glow at all. Finally, I just went to Home Depot, and bought all new standard lights with MR6 halogen bulbs. As I was in the process of replacing these pieces of crap, ALL BUT ONE the cheesy aluminum wire (that I had soldered and heat shrink protected) just broke and pulled right out. ALL BUT ONE!

These things are just total junk. I have never seen such thin wire on any electrical device. I guess they saved .02 cents per unit by using what couldn't be any larger than 32 gauge, and, of course using aluminum rather than copper guarantees corrosion and separate when used in the intended outdoor environment.

For those of you who gave these crap lights more than a single star review, I promise you in 6 months you will have a batch of unusable metal. Of course, by then, it will be too late to return.

Amazon should be ashamed to sell this junk at any price.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars But if you are looking to produce some nice quality videos, February 10, 2016
If your goal is to crank out the typical Facebook posting videos... granular images, oversaturated color, and lots of artifacts, then this is the camera for you. But if you are looking to produce some nice quality videos, don't for a minute assume (as I did) that you will get anywhere near GoPro quality. Today I used my recently purchased GeekPro on my motorcycle, ALONG with a GoPro Hero4 (one facing forward, one rear). I also took some further videos on the ground with my LG cellphone.

Was I surprised when downloading the vids from the GeekPro to find the quality is literally unusable for any reasonable project. I don't like to dis a product, but, hey, anyone who gives this camera a 5 star has never used a GoPro. In fact, the videos I took on my cellphone left the GeekPro light years behind as far as quality.

Additionally, I found minimal flexibility in the camera setup. None of the settings can be accomplished via the Android app, which GoPro makes so easy with its version. And, the lens has only one aspect ratio (wide angle, which I rarely use for action shots), versus GoPro multiple lens formats.

I really wanted to like this camera.. Hey, a GoPro for $99? Well, I've learned the hard way, once again, that you get what you pay for. I will say, at $99, it's a helluva toy for that price.. give one to your 6 year old kid. But if you want to get video quality at least equaling that of your cellphone, save your money and put it toward a GoPro.

I deleted ALL the videos taken today with this camera, as being not useful for any serious end product, and have boxed it all up and on its way back to Amazon for refund.

Just wish I had time to post side-by-side videos comparing this with the GoPro... potential buyers would be shocked at the difference.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 11, 2016 6:21 AM PST

Weanas® 4x G4 Base 48 LED Light Bulb Lamp 3 Watt AC DC 12V/10-20V Warm White Undimmable Equivalent to 20W T3 Halogen Track Bulb Replacement 360° Beam Angle
Offered by Huzala
Price: $19.99
4 used & new from $7.43

1.0 out of 5 stars absolutely useless, October 8, 2015
I purchased 8 of these bulbs for outdoor, downward facing spots. Within 6 months, EVERY SINGLE ONE of them has reduced in brightness to just the slightest hint of light.

This has been a huge waste of money for me. I wish I could give this product a minus 5, because it is just a big waste of time. Replaced with name brand from Home Depot and now works well

Pilot
Pilot
DVD
Price: $1.99

1.0 out of 5 stars No redeemable value, September 6, 2015
Pure drivel. My dog could have written the script. Easy to see why they need a canned laugh track.

NOCO Genius Boost GB30 12V UltraSafe Lithium Jump Starter
NOCO Genius Boost GB30 12V UltraSafe Lithium Jump Starter
Offered by MASS Depot
Price: $74.99
14 used & new from $74.99

1.0 out of 5 stars A complete waste of money, and unusable for any practical jumpstarting application, April 24, 2015
total junk... save your money and buy a good set of jumper cables instead.

Any amateur auto electrician will tell you that a certain size cable is required to produce enough amperage for a typical car starter. that's why you would NEVER see a set of jumper cables with a wire gauge as small in diameter as comes with this unit. I admit I was sceptical, but foolishly purchased this unit based on other glowing reviews (can't help but wonder if those reviews were from folks recharging their cellphones? after all, just how often do you have occasion to jumpstart a vehicle these days?).

I got my unit, charged it fully, and then about 3 weeks later, had occasion to use it on a vehicle which had been sitting in my garage undriven for about a month ago. I tried the starter, and the car's battery wasn't totally dead.. it had enough juice to turn the engine over, just not fast enough for a start.

So, I eagerly got out my GB30, still showing full charge, and hooked it up. Honestly, I am not sure I could detect ANY additional current boost, but, in any case, not enough to crank over my engine fast enough to start. I ripping the damn thing off, got out my plug-in A/C power 200 amp battery charger, hooked it up, the engine spun up like a turbine and started instantly.

400 amps? Really? If you check gauge vs current tables, you will see that it requires an AWG gauge of 00 (about .4 inch diameter) to carry 400 amps current.

I am of the opinion that these numbers the manufacturer is bandying about is just pure vapor ware, something that "sounds good" on paper.

I would strongly encourage anyone considering this purchase to forget about it. This thing just doesn't work as claimed.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 29, 2015 4:00 PM PDT

CruzTOOLS (SKEU) SPEEDKIT Compact Tool Kit
CruzTOOLS (SKEU) SPEEDKIT Compact Tool Kit
Price: $32.95
25 used & new from $31.30

5.0 out of 5 stars Yeah Cruz... what a great idea!, November 20, 2014
Sure, it's just a pair of pliers, screwdriver, and a handful of wrenches, but for the price this kit is perfect for a limited-storage motorcycle, and gives me a little confidence that I could at least make minor repairs on the road. Honestly, I doubt you could buy these individual tools for less than the kit, even at Harbor Freight. Best thing, though, is these are not crappy Harbor Freight tools. Each item just feels good in your hand.

I have several of these kits for my collection of motorcycles (some more complete for bikes with more storage), and even several in the trunks of my classic cars. These are really well made and thought out.. every tool is just exactly what you would choose yourself to USE, rather than many of these kits, that just throw a bunch of useless junk in a bag to make a sale.

You go Cruz!

Nikon D600 24.3 MP CMOS FX-Format Digital SLR Camera (OLD MODEL)
Nikon D600 24.3 MP CMOS FX-Format Digital SLR Camera (OLD MODEL)
Offered by COOL JAPAN OSAKA Select Shop.
Price: $1,329.95
34 used & new from $859.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Wish I'd bought this FX a few years ago!, November 20, 2014
I've had a D7000 for about 2 years. When I purchased it I struggled with going for a full frame camera but was discouraged by the prospect of buying all new lenses. I own an antique limousine business, catering almost exclusively to weddings, and always try to get some unique shots of the newlyweds and the car as an added benefit. With two cars running now and some 110+ weddings annually, I felt I needed another DSLR for the other driver.. the Fuji X10 being used as the alternate camera just doesn't cut it for night photography.

Reviews of the D600 state that it uses the identical body of the D7000, with the exception of the full frame sensor, so it just naturally made sense to consider that camera to add to the collection. I found mine used on eBay, and the seller had already sent it back to Nikon for shutter replacement and resolution of the dreaded spotting problem (the confirming invoice from Nikon was provided as well).

I also do quite a bit of video shooting, so I was pleasantly surprised to find that in fact there ARE differences with the D600 body and the D7000, and mostly as regards the video functions, all of which I consider MAJOR enhancements over the D7000, almost must-have features. First, and foremost, the D600 now has a dedicated headphone out jack to monitor audio when recording video (this is inexplicably missing from the D7000). Then, the Live View button (the only mode available for video) has a selector switch to choose between still and video viewing, but even better, the video start stop button has been moved from the awkward camera-back position (D7000) to a convenient location just adjacent to the still shot shutter button. Even better, you can choose via menus to use the main shutter button to start stop video with the Live View switch is set to video... sooo much easier.. thank you Nikon.

Although both my cameras now look and feel similar, the quality of the full frame camera just can't be over-emphasized.

I bought a used Nikon AF 24-120 lens on eBay for $140, and it functions beautifully, fully autofocus capable. Then, for those frequent night-time shots, I've added the superb Rokinon 35mm f1.4 (purchased here on Amazon). This is a manual lens, but when shooting video OR in low light situations, I most always default to manual focusing anyway. What an incredible lens! I swear you could get a decent image in pitch dark!

Oh, and I should mention... you don't have to toss out those DX-format lenses you have laying around. The D600 will happily crop the image to FX size to eliminate vignetting at the corners (of course, negating the whole reason for owning an FX format camera).

When using DX lenses, the viewfinder will show the the entire sensor image (including the vignetting around the edges), but also displays a red box around the cropped image size, for ease of composition. When the image is taken, only the cropped image is stored, and displayed properly on the preview LCD.

This is truly a pro-version camera. Perhaps a bit overkill for basic snapshots, but if you're at the point in your career or hobby where you want uncompromised images, I can highly recommend this. Of course, if you're not already a Nikon guy/gal, there is always the Canon 6D to consider for a couple hundred bucks more.

All in all, I couldn't be happier with the D600. No issues with the oil spots, and it seems that Nikon is committed to resolving any issues with this indefinitely (fingers crossed).

I can't speak to the oil spot issue with the current crop of D600 new cameras. Who knows the age or status of some of the "new" cameras sitting around in the warehouse? If I were buying new, I'd probably give serious consideration to spending the $200 more for the D610, which seems to have resolved the issue. Gee... thanks Nikon, for fixing the problem then gigging us consumers for the price tag. As far as I can see, the two cameras are virtually identical otherwise.

Leatherman 832005 Juice(R) S2 Multi-Tool (Cinnabar Orange)
Leatherman 832005 Juice(R) S2 Multi-Tool (Cinnabar Orange)
Offered by Hardware Sales Inc.
Price: $49.69
8 used & new from $49.69

2.0 out of 5 stars I want my OLD Leatherman Juice Back!, October 8, 2014
This makes the 4th Juice I've owned (they seem to keep disappearing around the shop). I'll admit, it is my daily right hand man, and I do feel naked without one in my pocket. And of all the multi-tools, this is the best combination. No it doesn't have a fork or spoon, nor magnifying glass, all that crap you'd NEVER use. Just the useful stuff, the best being the really good pliers/wire cutters that I use most every day around my classic car hobby shop. In fact, every single tool I find useful on a regular basis.. can opener, flat and phillips screwdriver, scissors, and, of course, the knife blade.

Unfortunately, it seems that Leatherman has decided to Cheap Out, just like the rest of corporate America, and has replaced the ORIGINAL JUICE S2 with this dumbed-down version.

To see what the Juice S2 SHOULD look like, you can view the one still shown on the leatherman website at: leatherman.com/16.html (oh, with the sidebar "This is a retired product and is no longer produced") Of course, nothing in the description for the current Juice makes any reference to any "improvements" to the product.

I'd love to have one of the corporate bean-counters extol the virtues of having just ONE of the two handles covered with the nice colored anodized side pieces, instead of BOTH sides??? I wonder just how many micro-cents per unit they saved on this, in favor of selling out their loyal customers.

The other glaring change is the length of the knife blade.. the original fit the full width of the slot on the back of the knife, the "new-improved" version has a blade fully 1/2" shorter than the original (another micro-cent per unit saved).

Yes, I'm hooked on this tool like a junkie on heroin, but I don't like these changes a bit. Just holding the tool generates some sort of "je ne sais pas" bad mojo I can't quite put my finger on, but it just doesn't feel right anymore. If there were any other makers of a similarly equipped multi-tool, I'd jump ship in an instant for this reason alone.

Shame on you, Leatherman, for selling out your loyal customers just to save a few cents per unit. For this alone, I give a 2 star rating.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 27, 2016 8:50 AM PDT

SUPCO HS6 (SPP6) Hard Start Relay Capacitor
SUPCO HS6 (SPP6) Hard Start Relay Capacitor
Offered by partshousesupply
Price: $11.95
7 used & new from $8.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks to be a good product, August 18, 2014
I haven't used this yet, but purchased based on other positive reviews. The unit looks good, and arrived in very short order. After paying outrageous prices for A/C maintenance for our rental properties, I am realizing that many problems can be resolved at the compressor housing, and so am acquiring a supply of replacement parts.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 3, 2015 6:21 PM PST

Lowepro S&F Utility Bag 100 AW
Lowepro S&F Utility Bag 100 AW
Offered by PORTABLE GUY
Price: $29.99
73 used & new from $23.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice, August 9, 2014
Just perfect to carry a couple of spare lenses without feeling like you're carrying a steamer trunk on your back.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8