Profile for Art Rawspine > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 15

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Art Rawspine "rawspine" RSS Feed (Tampa Bay)

Page: 1 | 2
Laid Bare: A Memoir of Wrecked Lives and the Hollywood Death Trip
Laid Bare: A Memoir of Wrecked Lives and the Hollywood Death Trip
Price: $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing read, July 5, 2013
An amazing book by a great writer. John Gilmore had a life that was to be both envied and avoided. He paints celebrities as he knew them (and wow did he know a lot) From Janis Joplin in the opening chapter to his encounters with Lenny Bruce and his friendship with James Dean and Dennis Hopper, Gilmore paints a Hollywood that some have heard of, however no one dared talk about. He names people too, and though a good number of them are dead, I suspect he is not embellishing. It's fun to hear the names drop and was fun to see my reaction to their stories. Trashy yes, but fun.

Friars Club Private Joke File: More Than 2,000 Very Naughty Jokes from the Grand Masters of Comedy
Price: $9.99

3.0 out of 5 stars I owned it in book form, July 5, 2013
I had a joke I thought was funny and bought this as a goof to store on my phone. Most of the jokes are funny, but not appropriate for the workplace.

A Bad Day On The Romney Campaign: An Insider's Account
A Bad Day On The Romney Campaign: An Insider's Account
Offered by Penguin Group (USA) LLC
Price: $2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating take on an election, July 5, 2013
I admit I was enjoying the implosion of the Romney campaign last year. This book is a fascinating take on how it happened and the personality clashes that ensued within the campaign. It's easy to read and follow, and answered a few questions I had about the debates and other things.

Stengel: His Life and Times
Stengel: His Life and Times
by Robert W. Creamer
Price: $19.01
66 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic!, April 20, 2012
Stengel was always fascinating to me. All I ever knew of him as a kid was that he managed the Mets. Creamer writes this book similar to his book on Babe Ruth. Creamer points out that Stengel was not the clown he had been portrayed to be and was in fact a complex individual. His childhood, days as a player, and time managing are all covered as well as his home life. In all, a great read and an excellent addition to my library.

Born To Be Happy - How to Uncover Your Natural State of Happiness
Born To Be Happy - How to Uncover Your Natural State of Happiness
Price: $6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A fun, easy read!, April 20, 2012
I was quite skeptical prior to purchase, due to the fact that I have always imagined these self-help writers writing sunny, "go you" books while in real life being the complete opposite. But Keats writes like he's sitting there chatting with you. I'd like to say that I became the person we all aspire to be right after reading this book, but it takes work, and a lot of it. I do make strides daily, fall backwards often, and push on after reflection. Funny thing is, after I finished reading this on my Kindle, I kept it. Most books I delete. I refer to this book every so often when I catch myself slipping back into bad habits. There is a video link at the end of the book too that puts things into perspective.

Belkin Folio Case for Samsung T9 MP3 Player (F8M032)
Belkin Folio Case for Samsung T9 MP3 Player (F8M032)

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, March 6, 2012
My Samsung T9 Mp3 player needed a cover so I found this one. It fits it like a glove and has kept it protected since I put it on. If it were any better it'd turn it on and off for me.

Baseball Trivia 2012 Calendar
Baseball Trivia 2012 Calendar
by Kenneth Shouler
Edition: Calendar
9 used & new from $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Small yet informative, March 6, 2012
I enjoy calendars, and this one is perfect for me. It sits next to my computer and I read each day's trivia question. I know a lot of the trivia already, but it is fun to review.

Bear Archery Crusader Bow Set (Right Hand/Left Hand)
Bear Archery Crusader Bow Set (Right Hand/Left Hand)
Price: $28.99
18 used & new from $23.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun time, March 6, 2012
My nephew expressed an interest in archery and as a good uncle, it was my duty to come through for him. Locally, the only archery items in sporting goods stores were for the hunters. He needed the practice of a starter set and this one was perfect. The bow is very forgiving for little hands and the arrow tips are blunted so as not to pierce. My nephew got very good with this set and has expressed an interest an interest in the hunter type bows. That is a job for mom and dad though.

Adams Golf A7OS Max Irons, Set of 8 (Men's, Right Hand, 3-PW, Grafalloy ProLaunch Axis Regular Flex Shaft)

5.0 out of 5 stars Need more stars, March 6, 2012
I am a hacker. I still shoot around 100, but these clubs put me so close the 90's that I can taste it. I got a set of Adams drivers a couple of years ago and once I got them out to the course I was hitting balls consistently 225 to 250 straight, yet not hitting them perfect. The irons are much the same way. They are very forgiving and will get you there without having to chase the little pellet all over the course. If I could only improve on my putting, I'd be in the high 80's. Love these irons.

Major League Baseball 2K9 - PlayStation 2
Major League Baseball 2K9 - PlayStation 2
Offered by PIP GAMING
Price: $4.19
97 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun Game, March 6, 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
I had a blast playing this game. I know it got generally poor reviews, but I was amazed once I figured out how to hit and pitch and field that it was fun. Sadly my PS2 is older and less used, but I do still play this game from time to time.

Page: 1 | 2