Profile for Mrs. Kilo Delta > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 689

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Mrs. Kilo Delta RSS Feed (Northwest, United States)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21-30
Duracell Powermat GoPower Longhaul backup battery, power bank, for iPhone 5S/5C/5, Samsung Galaxy S4, other smartphones and tablets
Price: $56.76
26 used & new from $49.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for traveling, December 19, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
We used this while traveling on vacation with our Motorola Defy smartphones. These phones seem to drain the battery quickly when using 3G data, they won't make it through the day. We were using 3G data a lot as we walked to see the sights in a city each day, enabling GPS to map out which way to walk to the next museum or landmark. This Duracell backup battery came in very handy because we didn't stop long enough to charge our phones into a wall plug, we were always moving, moving, moving (and we didn't have a rental car, so we couldn't plug a phone into a car charger either). With this backup battery, it fit in my purse and I could plug a phone in that was running out of juice, and we'd keep on walking. Very happy with it, I'm so glad I had it because even with trying to only use one phone at a time to try to save battery, the batteries would've been dead without this Duracell backup battery.

Popsalot Gourmet Popcorn, London Kettle, 5-Ounce Pouches (Pack of 6)
Popsalot Gourmet Popcorn, London Kettle, 5-Ounce Pouches (Pack of 6)
Offered by GlutenSolutions
Price: $35.94

3.0 out of 5 stars A lot of hard kernels, bit of caramel flavor, December 16, 2013
A big downside to the bags we got was there were a *lot* of hard kernels in each bag, stuck to the popcorn - very jarring to expect light and crisp and instead get a hard kernel. As for flavor, the ingredients in this aren't any different from the other brands of kettle corn I've tried, except that the salt in this is sea salt. This kettle corn has more of a caramel corn flavor than regular kettle corn, almost a bit of bitterness to it, which I think is from the sea salt, I'm not sure. I didn't like the flavor, but my husband thought it was all right, but he's worried he'll break a crown on those hard kernels. I don't think I'll repurchase.

Biokleen Bac-Out Stain & Odor Eliminator, 16-Ounce Bottles (Pack of 12)
Biokleen Bac-Out Stain & Odor Eliminator, 16-Ounce Bottles (Pack of 12)
Price: $84.12
9 used & new from $59.32

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent at getting blood out of white sheets, December 12, 2013
I will never be without Biokleen Bac-Out Stain & Odor Eliminator. I'd used it on doggie accidents of vomit and poo with great success, but recently Biokleen Bac-Out got a chance to really show me what it can do. I had a family member staying with us and he's on blood-thinners and because of that, the smallest scratch on him results in a lot of blood. The guest bedroom sheets are white. I ended up laundering both the sheets and mattress pad a few times while he was here and there was significant blood on those sheets each time, some of the spots were almost an inch wide, soaked through with blood.

Easy breezy, I sprayed Bac-Out on the blood stains and let it sit for 10-15 minutes while I did other things, then threw it in the washer with Tide HE, ran it on hot water with a pre-soak cycle. Those white sheets and that white mattress pad have no trace of stains on them, they look brand new. I didn't have to use bleach at all.

How do I know the Tide HE wasn't doing the stain removal? Because the first time I didn't use Bac-Out, I just used Tide HE, and the blood stains were still there - ran the sheets again but sprayed Bac-Out on the stains first and voila, no blood stains. The next two times I did laundry, I made sure to use Bac-Out first.

Also works great adding it to the laundry along with the usual detergent. We have a white fabric shower curtain liner that has a pinkish-yellowish tinge to it, presumably from mold - it's a stain I just couldn't get out even after washing it with bleach and detergent on hot water with a pre-soak. So I added 1/4-1/3 cup Bac-Out to the wash along with the usual detergent, ran it on hot water with a pre-soak cycle, and it came out of the wash white again.

Highly recommend this stuff.

Grand Pop's Best Authentic Kettle Corn, 11 Ounce
Grand Pop's Best Authentic Kettle Corn, 11 Ounce
Price: $12.13

4.0 out of 5 stars Good kettle corn, more salty than sweet I think, December 7, 2013
This is good kettle corn! I usually get kettle corn from the farmer's market and this is comparable, and to me it tastes and feels just as fresh. Grand Pop's uses the "butterfly" type popcorn, not "mushroom" shaped, so the popcorn is crisp and delicate (as a result, there's a lot of little broken bits in the bottom of the bag). Some of the popcorn will taste a bit plain, but then the next piece of popcorn will be salty 'n' sweet, so it's a good mix. It does seem more salty than sweet - perhaps the saltiness is making it seem less sweet than it is. I would prefer more sweetness.

Serving size is 2.5 cups, 130 calories, 3 grams of fat. No saturated fat, and no partially hydrogenated oils are used so there's no trans fat. It's a good healthy snack, especially when compared to regular chips. I like it, I'll repurchase for sure. (It was $3.97 when I purchased it, a good price.)

Honeywell TurboForce Fan, HT-900
Honeywell TurboForce Fan, HT-900
Price: $15.88
104 used & new from $12.97

5.0 out of 5 stars We have two Honeywell HT-900 fans, very happy with them, December 5, 2013
This is our second Honeywell HT-900. The old one is still going strong, we've been using it daily for 4 years now. What I like about the old one is the fan housing is solidly built and doesn't rattle at all (I've never taken it apart to clean it, we don't think it needs it), it's suitable for use in the bedroom because it doesn't disturb our sleep. The new one that we bought a month ago is exactly the same. It doesn't make much noise on low, we have it aimed at our Roku box because the Roku tends to overheat otherwise. On high mode, it's loud of course but it moves a lot of air. Quite happy with the Honeywell HT-900 fans.

Nordic Ware Universal 8 Cup Double Boiler Fits 2 to 4 Quart Sauce Pans
Nordic Ware Universal 8 Cup Double Boiler Fits 2 to 4 Quart Sauce Pans
Price: $19.00
10 used & new from $12.04

4.0 out of 5 stars Works as it should - wish it was smooth on the inside, December 5, 2013
Works as it should for melting chocolate for dipping my shortbread into - this double boiler fits my sauce pan due to the ridges on the outside, but oh how I wish they'd made it smooth on the inside. That extra bit of chocolate in the ridges that I can't stir or scrape out, I know it's not much, but it still bothers me.

Oral-B Pro-Health For Life Toothbrush 1 Count, Colors May Vary
Oral-B Pro-Health For Life Toothbrush 1 Count, Colors May Vary

5.0 out of 5 stars Longer bristles are great for cleaning Essix retainers or Invisalign trays, November 30, 2013
Not sure why this is marketed towards those 50 years and up, as receding gums from brushing too hard can happen well before the age of 50 (I just had gum grafts on 6 teeth and I'm in my early 30s). However, I bought this for the longer bristles at the tip because I was having trouble cleaning the inside of my Essix orthodontic retainers (they're clear retainers, they look just like Invisalign trays) with other regular toothbrushes or my Oral-B electric toothbrush. The part that goes around the front teeth is too narrow and deep for standard toothbrush bristles to get in there, but this Pro-Health For Life's longer bristles get in there perfectly.

As for my own teeth, I usually use an Oral-B electric toothbrush at home, but this Pro-Health For Life toothbrush is what I bring in my purse if I need to brush my teeth while I'm out and about. I like it a lot, it doesn't irritate my gums.

If you have Essix (clear) retainers or Invisalign trays that you need to brush clean, I recommend this toothbrush, or if your dentist has told you you're brushing too hard, the softer bristles on this toothbrush will help.

Roku XDS Streaming Player 1080p
Roku XDS Streaming Player 1080p

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, though ours can get too hot, November 30, 2013
We've owned this Roku for 2.5 years, using it for MLB.tv, Amazon Instant Video, Netflix, and Pandora. We love it, it's easy to use and set up.

I'd have to say the only downside is it can get hot (like if you're doing a Breaking Bad marathon) which causes it to stop and load, stop and load. It isn't hot in our house, usually only 72*F or cooler. We've set up a small fan on "low" aimed at the Roku, and this solves the problem. This overheating issue is something we've noticed just in the last year, so perhaps there's a fan in the Roku unit that isn't working anymore, or perhaps we're just now noticing the overheating issue because we've been using the Roku more than ever with our MLB.tv subscription. Overall though, we're happy with it.

McCulloch MC1245 Rotary Action Steam Cleaner
McCulloch MC1245 Rotary Action Steam Cleaner
Price: $67.41
4 used & new from $64.29

3.0 out of 5 stars Not great, can't get into tight spaces, November 26, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Heats up pretty quickly, and if you don't want to use chemicals to clean because of allergies or sensitivities, this steam cleaner could be a nice option for you. My problem with it is I wanted it to clean in tight spaces and corners... the spaces that are hard to reach with a scrubby sponge and therefore collect heavy grime. And this steam cleaner couldn't do it, it's too bulky and awkward, and the scrubbing action isn't powerful enough, it stopped spinning if I applied pressure to it. The scummy hardened stuff that's around the drain in our bathroom sinks that won't come off with Scrubbing Bubbles and a scrubbing sponge... well, this steam cleaner couldn't get rid of that scummy hardened stuff, either (it might be hard water stains, I'm not sure). The sink was probably quite sanitary from all that steam, but I'd hoped it would remove that unsightly stuff. Also, I didn't like stopping to refill less than 10 minutes after I started. I recommend it with reservations - I think it's probably best for those who really cannot use cleaning agents of any kind due to sensitivities, and even then I think the McCulloch canister-style steam cleaner is a better option.

Oral-B Precision Black 7000 Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush 1 Count
Oral-B Precision Black 7000 Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush 1 Count

4.0 out of 5 stars A great toothbrush, but not the best value, November 26, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I used to be a loyal Sonicare user for 10 years until 2 years ago when I got braces - at that time I switched to the Oral-B Professional Care 5000 which did a better job of keeping my teeth clean. In hindsight, I would've been fine with the Oral-B Professional Care 1000 or 3000 models and saved some money and it would've cleaned my teeth just as well... with the 5000 model, I use the wireless Smart Guide only as a clock (I don't use the timer... I just brush until I think my teeth are clean which is usually longer than 2 minutes). I only use the one basic daily mode for brushing. I always use the Precision Clean brush head.

Okay, now about this Oral-B 7000, I have the same feelings about it as I do with the 5000 model. It's not any quieter than the 5000 model. It cleans my teeth just as well as the 5000 model does (still using Precision Clean brush heads). Extra bells and whistles for extra money that really aren't necessary - a sleeker but heavier travel case that almost feels more like a gift box for an expensive bracelet (yet I like the one that comes with my 5000, it's lighter in weight and that's important to me when I travel).

The one thing that I feel adds worth to this 7000 model if you're worried about receding gums is that it has "sophisticated pressure-sensor technology [that] alerts you if you’re brushing too hard and automatically decelerates the pulsation and oscillation speeds of the brush head." If it actually does this, I haven't noticed, but I'm not a hard brusher - I rest the brush head against my teeth and gumline and let the toothbrush do the work. (The 5000 model is supposed to just stop if you're brushing too hard, but it's never stopped on me.)

I do think this is an excellent toothbrush, but unless you've got money burning a hole in your pocket, I would recommend any of the Oral-B Professional Care 1000 through 5000 models.

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21-30