Profile for Paul Gourin > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Paul Gourin RSS Feed (Denver, CO)

Noodles Every Day: Delicious Asian Recipes from Ramen to Rice Sticks
Noodles Every Day: Delicious Asian Recipes from Ramen to Rice Sticks
by Corinne Trang
46 used & new from $3.87

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best cookbooks I've ever owned!, May 29, 2009
I love this book! So many cookbooks just re-hash old recipes, but this one has some really unique takes on traditional Asian food that made it stand out for me. One of my favorite aspects is the layout; right off the bat Chapter 1 gives you everything need to know about buying and storing the ingredients used in all of the dishes. As a run-of-the-mill home cook a lot of the ingredients were new to me, and this really makes it easy. The first thing I made from the book was the Basic Asian Marinade, p.43, and we were surprised to find that it was better than the dumpling sauce our favorite Thai place uses. The Pink Plum-Flavored Noodles with Spinach and Mushrooms, p.71, is as pretty as it is delicious, and is a big hit at dinner parties. I've also learned how to make a proper Pho, p.121, have learned that I like Kimchi, and have made Asian Style Kirby Pickles p.45 (Yum!). Great book! I also have "The Asian Grill" by the same author and love that one as well, it has some of the best sauces I've ever tried.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 5, 2011 9:54 PM PST