Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Maxwell Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for Becky L. > Reviews

Browse

Becky L.'s Profile

Customer Reviews: 19

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Becky L. "PrairieGal" RSS Feed (Iowa)

Page: 1 | 2
Le Creuset Enameled Cast-Iron 9-Inch Deluxe Round Trivet, Cerise (Cherry Red)
Le Creuset Enameled Cast-Iron 9-Inch Deluxe Round Trivet, Cerise (Cherry Red)
Price: $69.95
13 used & new from $56.30

5.0 out of 5 stars Typical Le Creuset Quality, June 30, 2016
Excellent, heavy trivet. The sturdy rubber feet seem durable, and the ceramic glaze is very thick. It will hold even my 7 qt. French oven loaded with food with no problem...although I'd never, ever spend nearly a hundred dollars on a trivet, if you have that kind of cash burning a hole in your pocket, I think you'll be pleased. Me? I found mine in new condition at a thrift store for $2!

The Typewriter Revolution: A Typist's Companion for the 21st Century
The Typewriter Revolution: A Typist's Companion for the 21st Century
by Richard Polt
Edition: Flexibound
Price: $19.70
68 used & new from $13.41

5.0 out of 5 stars A multi-faceted, charming and thoughtful love letter to the typewriter, April 10, 2016
Written by a Philosophy professor, this excellent book not only presents the history of typewriters, and information on collecting and restoring, but also muses on the creative, social, and philosophical advantages (and disadvantages) of working with a "outdated" machine in the Digital Age. Filled with sidebar contributions from poets, authors, and historians, with cartoons and poems and vintage illustrations scattered about, the book is immanently browsable and thought provoking.
I was concerned about the flexbound cover, but it is sturdy and makes for a very comfortable "book hold." The typewriter "ribbon" bookmark makes dipping in and out of this delightful work easy, too.

OMOTON Tempered-Glass 9H Hardness Screen Protector for iPad mini 4 - Crystal Clear
Offered by OMOTON Mall
Price: $9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent build but so hard to install totally dust and hair free..., January 14, 2016
This would be a great case for many. Unfortunately, I stupidly tried installing this at night in a room without super bright light, and in a household with two cats. Several small particles initially got stuck to the adhesive side of the screen, and when I lifted it to remove them, the adhesive made smudge marks between my iPad and the protector. Then I removed it AGAIN, trying to repair the damage, and several cat hairs floated by and decided to dive bomb the sticky interior side of the screen cover, as well! Hopeless...I am now just using this mess till my case arrives, and then will throw it away.
It's a strong, clear, pleasantly glass-like product, though. If you have a super bright light and a sterile laboratory in which to install it--or you're not anal about screen fluff and smudges like me!--you should be pleased.

Ambient Weather WS-1171-2-KIT Dual Zone Wireless Advanced Weather Station with Temperature, Dew Point, Humidity with Calibration and Barometer
Offered by Ambient Weather
Price: $68.98

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed. My husband got this for me--an avid gardener--just ..., September 23, 2015
Disappointed. My husband got this for me--an avid gardener--just two years ago, and already the outside sensor has whacked out. It started reading at least 30 degrees off, and nothing--not fresh batteries, not re-initializing--fixes it. For example, right now the actual outside temperature is 64 degrees. My weather station is telling me it's a nippy 24! This was too expensive to fall apart after just two years.

PetSafe Drinkwell Platinum Pet Fountain
PetSafe Drinkwell Platinum Pet Fountain
Price: $39.89
56 used & new from $27.07

2.0 out of 5 stars Pump died in less than nine months., September 18, 2015
Forget it if you have hard water. My cats adored this, but the motor burnt out in just nine months of not even constant use (I'd turn it off when we left town for the weekend, etc.), careful monitoring of the water level, and regular cleaning. Now it's dead as a door nail and we're out nearly fifty bucks for the lack of a functioning pump.

iPhone 6s Case Blue, LUVVITT [ClearView] Hybrid Scratch Resistant Back Cover with Shock Absorbing Bumper for Apple iPhone 6/6s (4.7) Transparent Blue
Offered by Luvvitt
Price: $12.99
4 used & new from $6.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks cool, doesn't protect well; edited for good customer service, October 7, 2014
This case looks really cool, but unfortunately it really doesn 't offer much protection. My previous Iphone lived for three years in rubbery, silicone cases and still looks absolutely perfect, but I chose this case--with a hard, clear plastic backing--because I didn't want to hide the elegant silver back of my new Iphone 6. Well, in just three days, I accidentally got to test this cases's protection, as I dropped the phone from about three and a half feet up, and it fell onto the vinyl tile floor of my post office, flat on its back! There must have been a tiny bit of grit or gravel on the floor, because not only did this Luvvitt case crack--similar to when a rock dings your car windshield--but the back apparently didn't do a good job of absorbing the shock, as there now is a DENT in the aluminum back of my week old phone! I do not "luvitt" at all...I am tossing this case in the trash, and have ordered a Caseology, semi-hard, rubbery "drop protection" case instead.
Update: While my opinion of the case hasn't changed,
I bumped this review up one star for good customer service. In less than one day, the company wrote and said:
"Thank you for contacting us and we're very sorry for your experience. We have shipped out a new case for you as well as issued a full refund for your payment. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused. Please don't hesitate to let us know if there is anything we can do to improve your satisfaction."
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 10, 2015 3:35 PM PDT

Canon Print Plugin
Canon Print Plugin
Price: $0.00

4.0 out of 5 stars This does work, after all. Don't forget to turn on Bluetooth!, January 28, 2014
This review is from: Canon Print Plugin (App)
I too got the "endless feedback loop" after agreeing to terms, and thought this app didn't work with my Pixma 470. But it does! I had forgotten to turn on my Bluetooth, so my Kindle could speak to my printer. Duh. :-) It's more like a driver, rather than an app, which is why nothing much happens after you install it. I created a document in Office Suite Pro, selected print, it found my printer, and printed flawlessly.

Libbey Vina Martini Glass, Set of 6
Libbey Vina Martini Glass, Set of 6
Price: $26.04
12 used & new from $21.48

3.0 out of 5 stars Enormous. WAY to big to be a true "martini" glass., September 20, 2012
I have no one but myself to blame--I just convinced myself that they'd be okay, for some reason; I knew the capacity was 12 ounces--but you might as well learn from my mistake: IF you want to serve classic martinis (a couple of ounces of gin, a little vermouth--even up to 1 ounce, if you're going for the Original Recipe) then these things are simply too, too big. Just imagine how 3 ounces of liquid will look (and would you really want to make a Double, only to have it get warm while you sip? I'd rather just make another icy cold round, myself ;-) in a 12 ounce bowl, and you'll see that these are just not right for the job.

I kept them, anyway--they're sturdy and well made for the price--but they're useful only for frozen margaritas, maybe a shrimp cocktail, or something similar...In that respect, I believe they are mis-labeled and thus that's why I gave them only 3 stars.

Kindle Lighted Leather Cover, Black (Fits Kindle Keyboard)
Kindle Lighted Leather Cover, Black (Fits Kindle Keyboard)
5 used & new from $59.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes Kindle Old School for we "Old Dogs", January 6, 2011
I'm a bibliophile of long standing, and I did NOT think I ever would invite a Kindle into my life. I love books--the feel of them, the weight of them, the smell, the sight of long lines on bookcases. BUT, that said, I have run out of space in my home for the Real Deal, and was finally converted to Kindle ownership (and happy about it) by a generous Christmas gift of a new 3rd Gen wireless Kindle, from my teenage daughter. Then, to help ease my transition into the e-book world, my husband got me this cover, in slate blue (yes, it IS darker than the image). We Old Dogs have trouble learning New Tricks, and I was having some difficulty holding the Kindle without punching buttons that I did not want to punch. And I was terrified I'd scratch it, drop it, damage it in some way.

So, now it's in this gorgeous cover. Yes, it's now twice as heavy (that's too bad!) but it's protected, it opens like a "real" book and I thus have more space to hold the Kindle, and it smells deliciously of the finest leather--just like a fine, old binding of a traditional book. Oh, and the light is just dandy, too!

Now I can take regular, heady sniffs of "book leather", see the type in the dark, and protect my Kindle. Who could ask for more--aside from a slightly lower price, as I agree with most reviewers that this is too expensive by about $20?

KitchenAid 6-qt. Mixing Bowl with Ergonomic Handle.
KitchenAid 6-qt. Mixing Bowl with Ergonomic Handle.
Offered by always quality
Price: $49.00
30 used & new from $39.99

3.0 out of 5 stars This bowl rusts!, May 1, 2010
I recently purchased a KitchenAid 6 quart Pro mixer and this bowl came as a standard attachment. Although stainless steel, the bowl has a very shiny, almost chromed finish--unlike the bowl with my previous, smaller model KA mixer. The VERY FIRST TIME I put this bowl in the dishwasher (it specifically says "dishwasher safe" in the instruction manual) I was astonished to pull it out the next day to discover RUST all around the outside edge of the rolled upper lip/rim! The shiny finish appeared to have eroded just sitting overnight in the dishwasher, leaving multiple, ugly little rusty spots.

Well! I called customer service at KitchenAid (my mixer being only three weeks old, it was under warranty) and they had no explanation for how "stainless steel" could rust overnight, but they sent me a replacement. The bowl arrived quickly, I used it once, and then--taking no chances--it was washed by hand, and then up-ended on a dry kitchen towel, on the table, to finish drying overnight.

This morning, I picked up brand new bowl #2, and found even MORE RUSTY SPOTS than on the previous bowl! Virtually 1/4 of the shiny plating on the lip of this bowl has corroded away, leaving rust stains on the towel I wiped it with, and ugly black spots (after I rubbed away the rust) on the lip of the bowl.

I will be contacting KA again, but clearly there's some manufacturing flaw occurring in the plant in India where these bowls are manufactured.
Comment Comments (15) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 24, 2015 2:38 PM PST

Page: 1 | 2