Profile for Glen D. Giles > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Glen D. Giles RSS Feed (Columbus, GA)

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Orange Monster Seiko Diver's Watch, July 5, 2006
I shopped very carefully for this watch; it was replacing a watch that was 12 years old and my first Father's Day gift. I wanted a watch that would last longer than 12 years (I wear it every day) and that didn't need batteries. The watch case had to be at least stainless steel; my old watch was just pot metal and after so many years the acid in my sweat ate through it and corroded the inside of the watch.

I know people say it's heavy but my other watch was a diver's watch and I don't really notice a difference. I selected the model with the rubber wrist band as I don't care for metal ones. I can't explain why but after about 10 days my skin had an allergic reaction to the rubber wrist band. Nothing like that has ever happened to me before. I didn't do anything about it, kept wearing the watch, and now everything seems to be ok. I guess my skin got used to it?

The luminous qualities are great; they last all night long. My last watch was unreadable in the dark after about 2 hours. I have NEVER looked at this watch and not been able to read it.

It's not a quartz movement and I've discovered it tends to gain about one minute a week. No biggie.

I paid for faster shipping and got it rather quickly. I HATE being w/o a watch. I'm hopeful that because this will never have a dead battery I'll never be stuck w/o a watch again.