Profile for Dirk J. Willard > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 322

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Dirk J. Willard "Dirk Willard" RSS Feed (Chicago, IL)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Wahl 79300-400 Color Pro 20 Piece Complete Haircutting Kit
Wahl 79300-400 Color Pro 20 Piece Complete Haircutting Kit
Price: $17.14
55 used & new from $17.14

5.0 out of 5 stars Great price, great cut, May 6, 2015
For the price, it is excellent. The kit is complete with combs and clipper attachments. It even comes with oil for cleaning the blades. I've only used it once and it did a first rate job. You can get some good advice from You Tube on how to cut properly. I followed the advice, used a no. 3 for the first cut and a number 2 for the final cut. It even does eyebrows --- use the comb without a clipper attachment. I left the top alone and only did the sides and back. I go back every other haircut to a professional so I can cover up my mistakes.

If this review was helpful, please add your vote.

Blackberry USB AC Charger Adapter Power Plug with Micro USB Cable for Blackberry
Offered by Blue Point
Price: $5.60
33 used & new from $0.28

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast, March 25, 2015
Charges much faster than other, older chargers with lower current flow.

The Blue Max
The Blue Max
DVD ~ George Peppard
Price: $9.18
74 used & new from $3.10

5.0 out of 5 stars A classic, March 25, 2015
This review is from: The Blue Max (DVD)
A classic. Although the picture is a little grainy on a HD LCD this movie is worth having. I especially enjoyed the flying scenes.

Cafe Standard Tray, 16w x 12d, Black
Cafe Standard Tray, 16w x 12d, Black
Offered by NEOwurks
Price: $8.14
7 used & new from $2.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than some other colors --- check the weight, March 25, 2015
Stronger than some of the other colors: notice the weight. The bottom is a tiny bit thicker. I bought a blue tray about 5 years ago. This year, it started to bow when I put something hot on it. This causes the plate to slide around crashing into things: it was a near miss.

If this review was helpful please add your vote.

Insignia NS-PCS20 2.0 Stereo Computer Speakers
Insignia NS-PCS20 2.0 Stereo Computer Speakers
Offered by Ramsey's Retail
Price: $26.05
20 used & new from $8.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Good speaker, good price, March 25, 2015
For the price, this is a good speaker. The sound is adequate for a small office or enclosed area. The size is unobtrusive.

If this review was helpful, please add your vote.

H.L. Bouton Slip-On Sideshields for safety glasses, Clear Flexible, One pair, 99705
Offered by BP MEDICAL SUPPLIES
Price: $5.46
12 used & new from $1.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't go with hard shields, March 14, 2015
While functionally correct, these shields are hard and will eventually break. Go with the softer shields.

B26+ Wing Mate Safety Glasses Side Shields- Fits Small to Medium Eyeglasses (2 Pair)
Offered by BHP SAFETY PRODUCTS
Price: $11.50
2 used & new from $11.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product., March 14, 2015
This is a great product. They can be maneuvered to slide down the 'temples' (legs on a hinge) to easily fit into an enlarged case for my safety glasses. The only short-coming is that they must be coaxed to the lense edge to make a good seal.

Formerly, I had the heavy plastic and the connections to the 'temples' broke easily and the shields became wobbly. Soft is better.

The Living Great Lakes: Searching for the Heart of the Inland Seas
The Living Great Lakes: Searching for the Heart of the Inland Seas
by Jerry Dennis
Price: $12.72
80 used & new from $0.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Great stories of the Great Inland Sea., March 14, 2015
A great collection of stories of the Great Lakes. Being a native Michigander I enjoyed the author's stories immensely. Here's a sampling:
'"It's just something I had to do," he said. "I don't know why. I don't know how I did it. But I think most people in that situation would have done the same thing. We lived, we got very lucky. But it breaks my heart that twenty-nine other guys weren't so lucky."
Superior is merciless. That night everyone in the museum knew it to the depths of their souls. John Luftkins will wonder all his life why it took mercy on him.
(John Luftkin recounted his own survival story on Superior the day the Edmond Fitzgerald sank (nearby) near Whitefish Bay. He saved his son, cousin and nephew that night when they went out fishing and things went bad.)

If this brief excerpt inspires you to buy the book good. I think you will enjoy it. Please add your vote.

The Lost Battalion
The Lost Battalion
DVD ~ Ricky Schroder
Price: $5.99
45 used & new from $1.40

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent war picture, March 13, 2015
This review is from: The Lost Battalion (DVD)
The Lost Battalion is an untold story of WWI. Schroder is magnificent as the leader of a battalion of toughs from New York who held the Germans at bay for almost a week. Just like other A&E movies, e.g., "The Crossing," "The Lost Battalion" is a masterpiece.

Pinzon Basics Micro Bead Medium Density Therapy Pillow with Cover
Pinzon Basics Micro Bead Medium Density Therapy Pillow with Cover

5.0 out of 5 stars Only pillow for me., March 13, 2015
A micro bead pillow is the only kind I will use from now on. Ordinary pillows quickly collapse allowing neck strain. The micro beads, after worn in for several weeks, provide just enough resistance.

I bought one 3 years ago. At first it was hard as clay. After several weeks, I softened it. I bought a second one and am training it for my head slowly while I rely on the old one. Really, I don't know why I put up with morning neck strain.

It comes with its own cover but add a second one to keep the pillow fresh.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20