Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 24

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amazon Customer RSS Feed (Wichita KS)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
The Kraken King Part VI: The Kraken King and the Crumbling Walls
The Kraken King Part VI: The Kraken King and the Crumbling Walls
Price: $1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The Scribing Spinster Succeeded, July 20, 2014
The Kraken King is a complex romantic steam punk tale. I found it exciting, mysterious and vasty entertaining.

Night Owls (A Night Owls Novel)
Night Owls (A Night Owls Novel)
Price: $5.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, May 12, 2014
Night Owls is an urban fantasy where vampires are the analogues of elves as in the "Discovery of Witches" or the Chicago land series.with a hint of the old time western where the reluctant/retired gun fighter is forced to come to the rescue of the town. There is also a quasi-religious secret society to fight the evil vampires herein represented as were jackals .I had the feeling while I was reading it that I came into the middle of a series which was mildly disconcerting.
I want to give the author kudos for an original ( in my experience) and logical method of vampire creation also neatly avoids the eroticism implicate in the conventional methods of the making new vampires. My basic problem with this book is that our hero disregards Machiavelli's advice against doing your enemies small injuries. I suppose that allows the use of the same villains in the next book but it diminishes the "kick ass" aspect of the hero. I would read a second book in this universe .

The Clockwork Wolf (Disenchanted & Co. Book 2)
The Clockwork Wolf (Disenchanted & Co. Book 2)
Offered by Simon and Schuster Digital Sales Inc
Price: $6.83

5.0 out of 5 stars A worthy sequel to Disenchnacted and company, April 5, 2014
This book was so fascinating to me that I consider leaving work early to finish it. It can be read as a stand alone novel but it will be so much more rewarding read in order. There is character growth that proceeds in an organic way that does not feel forced by the needs of the narrative. I hope that Ms. Viehl will continue to write in this world because I am ready to continue buying.

Disenchanted & Co.
Disenchanted & Co.
Offered by Simon and Schuster Digital Sales Inc
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great read, April 5, 2014
I stayed up 3 hours past my bedtime to finish this book and I purchased the sequel as soon as possible.

This book has an truly alternate 20th century North America. So Often Alternative history do not consider the branching effects of the changes that is supposed and the citizen of the new world act as if ideas thoughts and behavior of 20th or 21th century are inevitable. The inhabitants of Ms. Viehl world do not live in anything remotely similar to ours.
This is a dark and textured novel that resonates with current world wide issues.
The novel does use an Anglicized version of English that I thought added greatly to the world building but for those who may find it confusing a glossary was provided.

Indexing
Indexing
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Suspenful, January 10, 2014
This review is from: Indexing (Kindle Edition)
i read this as a serial so each week I was left worrying if my favorite character would survive because I know how things can transpire when Ms. McGuire is writing. This book takes the theme of "Warehouse 13 " or the "Librarian" movies one step further and let the people affected by magic deal with the effects of magic It is somewhat akin to a story of a narcotizes squad made up only by recovering drug addicts. Each chapter stands alone as a story. yet they all contributes to a completed mosaic at the end . A wonderful read, I hope she will return to this world .

Human Tales
Human Tales
Price: $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars the other side of the mirror, January 10, 2014
This review is from: Human Tales (Kindle Edition)
The stories in this book show how humankind cheat, deceive, and destroy the fairy folks. Seanan McGuire's story about the Sphinx was particularly good. However, I strongly recommend against reading Caleb story at your work place. It is hard to pretend to be doing mundane task with tears running down your face or at least it was for me

Twice Dead
Twice Dead

5.0 out of 5 stars left me wanting more, January 10, 2014
This review is from: Twice Dead (Kindle Edition)
Ms Price continued a strong story from "Once Bitten" This book has a wonderful blend of detective story,, vampire politics, and the continuation of a different type of a hero's journey. I was totally blindside by the reveal but it was true to the stories and I could look back and see the clues afterwards. I was happy to read Ms. Price short story in "Kicking it" and i hopes she will be able to bring the next book in this series to the public .

Jane Yellowrock World Companion: (InterMix)
Jane Yellowrock World Companion: (InterMix)
Price: $3.79

4.0 out of 5 stars Well done, January 10, 2014
There was so much work put into this book . I have read several compendium of series I follow and I think this may be the best of tht group. I would not recommend it for someone new to the books but it is good for checking up on details while reading the next book. The story accompany the compendium is great and really helps a reader understand the someone of the psychological events in " Black Arts"

Clean Sweep
Clean Sweep
Price: $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars so gtood, January 10, 2014
This review is from: Clean Sweep (Kindle Edition)
This is such a unique story. In some ways it hark back to era of the "Castle with a 1000 rooms" or the "House between the world" but here the Inn keeper is a force, the inn has self awareness,, the magic is so much more palpable, and all the shopping trips were magnificent.I will be following the next book as it is posted to her website. There are so many ways this next book can go .

Takedown Twenty: A Stephanie Plum Novel
Takedown Twenty: A Stephanie Plum Novel
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $6.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Staying the course, January 10, 2014
I have read all 20 of the Stephine Plum books and I am still enjoying the stories. I have no problem with the unresolved romantic situation . Real life is often messy and I am old enough to remember the rapid decline of the television show "Moonlighting" once there was no more romantic conflict> this book had the usual missed apprehension visit to the funeral homes and burning cars. The one question left in my mind at the end is how does Stephine get insurance.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3