Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for GameFreak68 > Reviews

Browse

GameFreak68's Profile

Customer Reviews: 10

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

GameFreak68 "GF" RSS Feed (USA)

Lomography Sidekick Standard Bag (Black)
Lomography Sidekick Standard Bag (Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars Stylish and sturdy, July 1, 2010
This is a fantastic bag, not only for lomography cameras, but for anything you want to tote around. The front pouches hold your cameras or small electronics nice and secure, the zippers are strong, and the leather is very soft yet tough. The inside canvas lining is sturdy and looks like it will hold up over time. You can detach the top separate part to carry as a smaller bag or use the handle on the very top to carry the whole thing like a tote. Or you can sling the large strap across your body to create an ergonomic way to lug around your gear. The large pouch in back would make a great place to put your ipad! Although this is a large bag it fits slim across the body. Also would make a great travel bag!

Lomography Holga 120 CFN Medium Format Camera with Color Flash
Lomography Holga 120 CFN Medium Format Camera with Color Flash
2 used & new from $50.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Seems decent so far, April 12, 2010
When I first got the camera the shutter was sticking so I dropped some WD 40 on it. That seemed to do the trick. Be sure to either do the velcro mod or plan to tape up the back very good before you start shooting. The only other thing I can recommend is tape down the flash batteries as well. Mine started rolling around inside the camera while it had film in it. The flash fires up and works okay. Not had any issues with that yet.

Lomography Diana F plus 35mm Back Door with Four Plastic Frames
Lomography Diana F plus 35mm Back Door with Four Plastic Frames
5 used & new from $44.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Does not do as advertised...save your money!, April 12, 2010
I was excited to receive this, as I don't want to hack my medium format cameras in order to take sprocket hole pictures. I assembled as instructions said then loaded some 24 exp 35mm film and went out to shoot. I got to picture 16 and the take up spool stopped. I double checked to make sure I was on N setting, and that the counter was set to panoramic to match the mask I selected. Everything was fine. But the knob would not move. I wound up trashing a roll because it would not rewind either. So then I added a second roll. This time I got to 18 before it stopped. I rewound the film and put it away. When I got home I tested an old expired roll and watched it to see what was going on. The film was spooling just fine, and then just stopped at about the same place. The film release tends to slip out while it moves so this tells me there is definitely something wrong with that function or the spool itself.

Luckily I had an extra Diana F+ and 35mm back I bought as a backup, so I assembled that one and tried it as well. It did the same thing on a different camera. There are no other reviews like this out there so I don't know if it is me, or if this product can just not handle a full roll of 35mm film on the take up spool. It seems to stick in about the same place. So if you buy, just be aware that you will probably wind up wasting about 6-8 pictures on a 24exp roll. DO NOT USE 36 exp as you will waste even more.

I have sent an email to Lomography to ask about this problem. I think the product is basically junk. But at least the camera works.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 4, 2012 8:21 AM PST

4.0 out of 5 stars A large attache would do the same thing, January 8, 2010
Well when I got this in the mail I looked it over. Definitely built better than our last reg bag. However, a basic large computer bag could perform the same function. The little pouches for the computers will come in handy though. Will test more thoroughly when we take our next dive trip.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great little skin, January 8, 2010
Just what I needed to wear under my 2mil shortie. Not too thick, not too thin. I ordered a larger size than what I thought I would need, and it's a little baggy but it's not a big issue. Rather err on that side than for it to be too small.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great computer, but your price is laughable, January 8, 2010
Why do you have this price listed on the quad core??? [...] has it for less than [...]. Only an idiot would fall for this.

Breville CT75XL Ikon 4-Slice Electric Toaster
Breville CT75XL Ikon 4-Slice Electric Toaster

4.0 out of 5 stars Handle with care, December 21, 2007
This toaster does not mess around. It does get extremely hot, so move it away from underneath cupboards when in use and unplug when done. Not for small children. The edges on either end are cool to the touch so it's easy to move. But don't stand over it or touch the top or you will get burned. Settings are extreme. 2 is about the most I can stand. 4 will definitely scorch your bread. Any higher could pose a fire hazard. This is not a wimpy piece of machinery. I like the lift and look feature and the sliding bottom comes out easy for cleaning. Just use caution with it and you should be ok.

Atheist Universe: The Thinking Person's Answer to Christian Fundamentalism
Atheist Universe: The Thinking Person's Answer to Christian Fundamentalism
by David Mills
Price: $9.95
148 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Just an honest question, August 15, 2007
I have to be honest. I actually haven't read the book yet, so I can't give a review of it. But I do have a question, and I am going simply by the book's title, what it states here on amazon and what it claims to answer within its pages.
Why is this book aimed only at Christian Fundamentalism if atheists are against all gods? Why doesn't it touch on Islamic Fundamentalism too and try to answer some things about Allah? Or Taosim? Or Buddhism? The reason I ask is because I am a Christian and I am trying to purge all of the things I have been taught about atheists and understand the true meaning and definition of atheism.
From what I can see here this author isn't doing a very good job at convincing me to go out and buy his book. He seems like he wants to just go out and bash Christianity and denounce it, for whatever reason. Well, I guess I've kind of committed a sin here by judging a book by its cover. Oops.
Maybe David Mills has some things in the works for the future? One can only suppose I guess.
Comment Comments (9) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 6, 2007 7:12 AM PST

Survivor
Survivor
by J. F. Gonzalez
10 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Whoa, April 21, 2006
This review is from: Survivor (Paperback)
I agree with the poster that said he could do without the animal cruelty, however, the infant cruelty is by far the most horrific. What the main character did to survive was really awful as well. This is definitely a book that will make you put that extra chain on your hotel door and draw the curtains completely when you go to bed. I don't know what's worse, that snuff films and all the human filth surrounding it actually exists, or that there is a readers's market for it as a form of entertainment.

Valley of Bones
Valley of Bones
by Michael Gruber
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
59 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Too much like The Shield, April 21, 2006
The author is trying to make this like an episode of 24 or the Shield.