Profile for MikeyJ > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 10

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

MikeyJ RSS Feed

Polk Audio PSW10 10-Inch Powered Subwoofer (Single, Black)
Polk Audio PSW10 10-Inch Powered Subwoofer (Single, Black)
Price: $101.98
49 used & new from $89.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommended, November 30, 2014
Awesome piece of equipment. When I first received the sub I was very unhappy with its sound because it would seem to rattle if turned up past mid volume. I have since taken the dust cover off the sub and it's sound quality has improved exponentially. It's currently being used this in a dorm which makes it loud enough to shake the beds of the rooms surrounding me. Can't tell you how much satisfaction I get from listening to this thing thump.

Sony STRDH130 2 Channel Stereo Receiver (Black)
Sony STRDH130 2 Channel Stereo Receiver (Black)
Offered by Electronic Express
Price: $98.00
19 used & new from $86.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value but be careful of overworking it, November 30, 2014
So far so good with this receiver. After a huge party I believe it overheated and went into protect mode as a result. I unscrewed the top and reconnected the wires several times and that seems to finally have done the trick. I guess the bottom line is be careful about overworking the receiver. Other than that its a great receiver for the money.

CytoSport Complete Whey Protein, Vanilla Bean, 5 Pound
CytoSport Complete Whey Protein, Vanilla Bean, 5 Pound
Price: $53.19
4 used & new from $53.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Stuff, November 30, 2014
Overall good tasting stuff. I usually just cut it with water and it tastes fine, no need to get fancy.

Sony SSF-5000 Floorstanding 3-way Speaker (Pair)
Sony SSF-5000 Floorstanding 3-way Speaker (Pair)
Price: $198.00
10 used & new from $150.00

5.0 out of 5 stars 10/10 Would Recommend, November 30, 2014
Great all around speakers for the money. I have them set up in my dorm combined with a sub and its safe to say that they provide more than enough power for parties and such. Even with the sub turned off these speakers can handle the low's but I would recommend adding a sub if you really want to get the full potential out of these.

Battlefield 4 - PlayStation 4
Battlefield 4 - PlayStation 4
Offered by Digital River Tech
Price: Click here to see our price
167 used & new from $15.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't base your opinion off the original reviews, May 28, 2014
I think everyone can agree that upon release this game was completely unplayable. Having just gotten back into this game, I can finally say that it has yet to give me a problem. There is occasional lag on some servers, but I have yet to experience a freeze since starting to play again. Honestly, now that this game is actually playable I have been having a blast playing it. If you are on the fence about this game I would try and find a copy for under $40 and give it a shot!

Philips BTM2180/37 Micro Music System (Black) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Philips BTM2180/37 Micro Music System (Black) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by DEALSTER
Price: $109.99
11 used & new from $97.61

4.0 out of 5 stars Good speakers for the money, May 28, 2014
UPDATE: I hooked these speakers up to an old Denon 350R receiver I had lying around and it completely changed their sound. The receiver that comes with the speakers has very limited controls, but the Denon's controls really brought these speakers alive. The bass is much more pronounced and they just overall sound better. Would still buy, but you might be better off buying an actual stereo receiver, rather than the package deal.

First off I only paid $63 for the speakers because I bought them off a friend. After using them for about a month, I can say that I am very pleased with them. They offer good sound and decent bass for any small sized room (i.e. bedroom). The bluetooth function is definitely the best part of the system as I listen to them using my MacBook's bluetooth function all the time. Only con is that to connect over bluetooth you have to manually forget and rediscover the speakers as they won't reconnect for me the normal way (this might be just my set). Overall I would give them 4.5 stars because it's just annoying to have to constantly forget and rediscover the speakers. Shame they were discontinued.

Far Cry 3
Far Cry 3
Price: $14.96
151 used & new from $7.90

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent break from the norm, December 25, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Far Cry 3 (Video Game)
If your on the fence about this game.. Get It!
Gameplay 9.5/10
Sound 9.5/10
Visuals 10/10
Story 9.5/10
Co-op 7/10
Multiplayer 6/10
Overall 4.5/10

Batman: Arkham City (Game of the Year Edition)
Batman: Arkham City (Game of the Year Edition)
Price: $12.99
108 used & new from $6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Must Buy!, June 24, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
At first I was kinda skeptical about buying this game because I had never played the first batman game. After finishing the story and most of the side missions I can officially say that this game deserved to be called game of the year. Its controls are a bit confusing at first, but once you get used to them the gameplay only gets better. If your on the fence about this game buy it!

Max Payne 3 - Xbox 360
Max Payne 3 - Xbox 360
Offered by Galactics
Price: $9.69
227 used & new from $2.47

5.0 out of 5 stars Refreshing, May 28, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I picked this game up about a week ago. After playing through 3/4 of the story and reaching level 20 on the multiplayer I can say I am happy with my purchase. I was really debating getting this or ghost recon and so far i'm glad i went with this game. The story id a bit heavy on cutscenes, but the gameplay is entertaining. The multiplayer is solid, however it does take a bit to rank up. I recommend you play it on free aim, as the multiplayer and single player are much more fun.

L. A. Noire
L. A. Noire
Price: $9.99
296 used & new from $2.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Get this game!, May 21, 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: L. A. Noire (Video Game)
L.A Noire is an overall great game. The graphics are top-notch, the story keeps you intrested, and the voice acting is some of the best ive ever seen. The game does come on 3 discs but swapping them is a breeze and takes at most 30 seconds. The game is NOT like GTA so please don't go into this game expecting to shoot up everything in sight. Overall this game is a must have for those who love single-player games that will keep you intrested and it definitally requires some brains too! If you have ADD please do your self a favor and don't get this game because its not the most action packed game and requires a lot of patience.