Profile for rocketeer928 > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

rocketeer928 "rocketeer928" RSS Feed

Charging Car Mount for iPhone5 5S OtterBox Defender Case - With Built In Car Charger - Windshield & Dashboard Compatible
Offered by Really Handy Products
Price: $22.98
8 used & new from $16.29

4.0 out of 5 stars Works good, but one improvement needed, February 8, 2014
This mount works as advertised and keeps me from losing my concentration on the road when my iPhone rings. The reason for the 4 stars is that I feel that the "arms" could be a bit longer from the windshield to my reach. Regardless, I would recommend this product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Works, but makes speakers click, February 8, 2014
I should have just bought the Apple adapter, instead of buying this cheap knock-off. It worked, but it caused the speakers that I hooked it up to click like crazy. Sometimes I could reposition my iPhone and/or the wire to stop the clicking, but a few minutes later the clicking would start again. I got what I paid for, I guess. Off to Walmart to buy the Apple product.

Jet 709563 CB-5 Clear Plastic Collection Bag, 5-Pack
Jet 709563 CB-5 Clear Plastic Collection Bag, 5-Pack
Price: $26.00
6 used & new from $22.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Great bags, but too expensive, February 18, 2006
These clear bags work very well on my Jet DC-1200CK, but they are way too expensive. Thus the reason for only two stars. If one is willing to purchase a carton of 100 bags it's much cheaper to use a company like ULINE at [...] (I have no vested interest in ULINE, but did a simple search for similar bags).

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste money on ArmorPoxy Garage Floor Paint, January 31, 2005
In early 2004 I purchased seven gallons of grey ArmorPoxy floor paint for my two-car garage and basement floors. I carefully followed the preparation directions by stripping my old paint, cleaning the floor thoroughly with concrete cleaning solution, etching the floors with etching solution, and making sure I didn't have a moisture problem by taping plastic to the floor. I had no moisture problems and after the time I spent I could have eaten off of my garage floor.

I put two coats of grey paint on the floor with the second coat containing some floor silica to prevent slipping when the floor was wet. Then I let the floor cure for over a week, again following the directions.

Then came the test. I put my two vehicles in the garage (cold tires, no driving) overnight. The next morning when I drove the vehicles out of the garage to my surprise the ArmorPoxy paint lifted where the tires were placed. I was very upset. I tried touching up the areas where the paint lifted, but that did not work.

Then I got my second surprise. After driving my vehicles in the rain I parked the vehicles in the garage. Wherever puddles of water was formed on top of the ArmorPoxy paint it got soft and then easily peeled away. I didn't have moisture coming up from underneath the paint, but this was water on top of the ArmorPoxy, which is supposed to be water resistent.

At this point I was so upset (mainly because of all the time I spent in preparing the garage floor) that I decided to forget doing my basement floor and took the remaining paint to our local hazardous waste center to dispose of it. I couldn't see trying to sell this awful ArmorPoxy paint to anyone and then have them go through the same experience that I did.

This past weekend (January) I decided to hose down my garage floor to remove all of the sand that so far had accumulated due to winter driving. The water did a number on the ArmorPoxy, lifting it up all over the place. Incredible!! If this review could have been given a zero star instead of one star it still wouldn't be a low enough rating.

So, if you're thinking about purchasing ArmorPoxy for your garage floor don't bother unless you plan to just look at the floor instead of using it. Terrible product!!!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 30, 2008 8:28 PM PST

1.0 out of 5 stars Welds break on Stamina 1205, November 4, 2004
I purchased the Stamina 1205 Precision Rower in June 2003. In early 2004 the weld that held the left shock on the left base frame ripped apart completely. Stamina Products Inc. was kind enough to send me a replacement free of charge. Now it's Nov. 2004 and the same weld on the replacement rower has ripped apart. This product is obviously defective and a huge disappointment. Stamina ended up giving me my money back, including shipping, after I sent the second rower back to them at their request.