Profile for CanonFavorite > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 17

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

CanonFavorite RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
Schwinn Thrasher Adult Micro Bicycle black/grey Helmet (Adult)
Schwinn Thrasher Adult Micro Bicycle black/grey Helmet (Adult)
Price: $19.99
10 used & new from $16.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value!, August 21, 2014
comfortable and easy to adjust. Price is hard to beat!

Worldshopping Adjustable Windshield Windscreen Air Suction Car Mount Holder Cradle For Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300 + Free Accessory
Offered by Iwotou Store
Price: $14.98
5 used & new from $4.49

2.0 out of 5 stars Fits S3 great except...disintegrates in Texas Sun., January 9, 2013
I hate cases so this product was perfect for me. The suction is strong enough to hold your phone. It's easy to position and has a wide variety of motions so you can get it in just the right spot! The knobs to tighten the unit are strong and well design. Overall great unit and would definitely buy again.

My only complaint is that it is a little difficult to take the phone off the holder, which could be a good thing. I have to use both hands to release my phone from the unit. My right thumb and pointer finger to apply force to the clip and my other hand to catch my phone (which I have dropped several times figuring this thing out). I wish they had made the release a little easier and cleaner.

2 STAR EDIT
It got to about 90 degrees in Central Texas and the suction cup died. It fell to pieces. I contacted the vendor and got a free replacement ASAP. The product unfortunately failed again under the same circumstances. SO....if you live in a hot climate area and are not fortunate enough to afford covered parking, don't buy this because it will die on you.

I instead opted to buy http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008ALV0V4/ref=wms_ohs_product?ie=UTF8&psc=1. It survived Texas heat without an issue.

46" Mega Kit Cat Claw Perch
46" Mega Kit Cat Claw Perch
Offered by Prestigious Products
Price: $79.95
16 used & new from $61.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome for the price, a few flaws, January 9, 2013
I always loved the idea behind Kitty City. It's a system where you can expand and build upon so that your cats are not bored with the same toys. You can take apart the "city" and rebuild it to make it a little different every time. The setup is simple enough where I didn't need to read the instructions. With a little imagination I was able to construct two separate units out of this set. Which leads me to the cons of this set.

Opening the box I was missing one of the brown floors. Also there are only 10 feet which really limits the number of formations you can create out the set. Last, the scratch arch at the top of this set in the picture isn't as tight as it is shown. It has some slack to it so my cats don't really use it as a scratch post.

I'm still glad with the unit and give it a four star rating. I can easily build upon the set and create very intricate "cities" once I move to a bigger house. Cats love it and they use it all the time. Though being cats they still prefer the places they don't belong =\

Not to mention for $40 you get a lot verses pre-made cat trees, which you cannot break down and move easily and you're pretty much stuck with whatever formation they come in.

Initial delivery time for the unit was 2 weeks, I got it within 4 days.

Great design, great value, I do not regret purchasing this set and I'm confident you won't either =)
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 30, 2013 8:22 PM PST

WD My Book 2TB External Hard Drive Storage USB 3.0 File Backup and Storage
WD My Book 2TB External Hard Drive Storage USB 3.0 File Backup and Storage
Offered by Databug
Price: $138.00
28 used & new from $73.00

1.0 out of 5 stars files are GONE!!, November 29, 2012
The WD software is really junk. I wanted to change the drive I was syncing and delete the old files in the drive. Couldn't. So I formatted the whole drive and back-up manually. It was working fine right up until now. The files are gone. Just gone. There's nothing in the drive. ALL my internal hard drives are WD. I have 3 blacks, 1 blue, 1 green and 1 red. All work fine but this external HD is a joke. I also have a Lacie quadro 2TB which works way better and has a better build. The case is made out of metal instead of the cheap plastic used with the WD. I seriously hope I do not have to send my external HD to get it recovered. This sucks royally.

*********UPDATE******

I restarted my computer and my files were back. I started to backup my files and then the drive failed again. I restarted my computer again but this time I switched to USB 2.0 instead of 3.0. It's going steady now, but slow like a turtle. 30MB transfer rate. UGH I'm not sure if it's the MOBO (AsRock 870extreme3 with AMD Phenom X4 955BE) or the external HD. I have no issues with the Lacie external drive causing me to think it's the WD USB 3.0. I'd rather spend the extra $70 to get reliable USB 3.0 and eSATA connectivity than USB 2.0. yuck.

Gunnar Optiks VIN-00103 Vinyl Full Rim Color Enhanced Computer Glasses with Crystalline Lens for Graphic Designers, Onyx Frame Finish
Price: $85.70
45 used & new from $74.56

2.0 out of 5 stars NOT FOR PHOTOGRAPHER/IMAGING PROFESSIONALS, November 28, 2012
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
The whole point of the Crystalline glasses is to reduce eye strain/fatigue without affecting your ability to color correct. Well there's a slight Magenta hue impeding your ability to color correct properly. Gunnar's customer service confirmed it today. Here's what they said:

Thank you for your patience.

We have confirmed that it is normal for the Crystalline lens to have a magenta hue.

Have a great day!

Kind Regards,
Customer Service
Gunnars Online
customerservice@store.gunnars.com
877-824-3322 Phone
310-868-2938 Fax
[...]

I'm giving it two stars because the glasses DO prevent fatigue/strain. My eyes feel SO much better while using this pair of glasses. So here's what I do. When I color correct I take off my glasses and stare at something else for a while (your brain will think everything is green because you're used to seeing everything with a slight magenta hue). After a short while I color correct in RAW and then put on the glasses to do finishing touches via Photoshop.

In conclusion if you are planning on using this for anything other than imaging processing buy it! It's great. If you're color correct images frequently, you may want to do what I do, or wait until they develop a pair without the hue.

PROS:
* Reduces fatigue/strain - I still use artificial tears as recommended by my optometrist.
* Great customer service from both Amazon, DRUGSTORE DEALS, and Gunnar's
* Looks great and feel great. Very comfortable!

CONS:
* Magenta Hue preventing from accurate color correcting.

UPDATE:
I've had this pair for about 2-3 weeks now. They are the MOST difficult pair of glasses to clean. I use a lens cloth + lens solution designed for CAMERA glass (+$2000 glass) and whatever I do, it leaves a smear on the glasses. I don't know if Gunnar intentionally made the pair this way, but it's really irritating.

My eyes DO feel better when I use these glasses, even through the smear. I'll forgo through all these inconveniences to increase the longevity of my eyes. But will you?
Comment Comment | Permalink

Jack Black Sun Guard Sunscreen SPF 45 Oil-Free & Very Water Resistant, 4 fl. oz.
Price: $21.00
14 used & new from $21.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome sunscreen!, August 23, 2012
I'm a wedding photographer so I'm constantly under the sun. My sweat always runs down my forehead and right into my eyes. So when my sunscreen runs or is oily it stings!!! This sunscreen is great because it doesn't run into my eyes! I haven't gotten sun-burnt yet and there is no need for me to re-apply (which I hate doing). I use this only on my face and use the cheaper stuff on my neck and arms. I hope Amazon doesn't stop selling this stuff cause it's great!

Kinivo BTH220 Bluetooth Stereo Headphone - Supports Wireless Music Streaming and Hands-Free calling
Offered by BlueRigger
Price: $44.99
13 used & new from $22.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works, but you get what you pay for., August 14, 2012
PROs:

* Headset is really comfortable and light
* Has a long battery life
* Great price!
* I used to have a RocketFish($80) headset which my gf complain about static on the other end. This pair does not have that issue.

Cons:

* The ear "cushion" is of a really cheap material
* When I lay down in bed to talk on the phone, there is a lot of static
* Multi-function button sometimes has a mind of it's own. I don't know whether it's going to play music or call someone. This might be more user error than anything else though.
* NO bass what-so-ever, I use Pandora via phone and when I listen to hip-hop I can hear the bass peak. I imagine that the speaker in the set will eventually blow.

For now I love this headset. I have to wait and see how long it will last! If it last more than a year I will be super happy and buy a replacement. Otherwise I might just look for a more expensive/higher quality set which will last me longer.

PocketWizard FlexTT5 Transceiver For Canon TTL Flashes and Digital SLR Cameras
PocketWizard FlexTT5 Transceiver For Canon TTL Flashes and Digital SLR Cameras
Price: $229.00
32 used & new from $170.00

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT USE WITH 580ex ii, February 9, 2012
There is a serious issue with the 580ex II. If you use HSS (Hyper Sync Speed) with your 580ex II it will malfunction! Here is a link to Pocketwizard's own study that lead to findings that a combination of flex tt5 and mini tt1 and 580ex ii with HSS turned out lead to malfunctions of the flash.

[...]

AGAIN if you are planning to use a 580exII DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT!

UPDATE:

I spoke to Pocketwizard about the issues. They presented a "remedy" to the solution so I sent it to their lab, for $45 they promised to fix the RF issue and fix the flash. Got the flash back, RF issue still present and the flash blew again. I informed Pocketwizard of the problem and I have yet to get a response. If I had to do it over again I wouldn't even consider pocketwizards.

19" Silver Ruby 2-Hose Egyptian Hookah w/ Case
19" Silver Ruby 2-Hose Egyptian Hookah w/ Case
Offered by MotoBuys
Price: $29.95
2 used & new from $29.95

1.0 out of 5 stars Rusty Hookah, October 13, 2011
I received my hookah with rust on it. The metal mouth of the base had rust all over it. There was even rust on the bubble wrap. The carrying case was poorly made and of low quality material. It broke apart right out of the box. View photos I posted for reference. I would not recommend this to anyone!
Comment Comment | Permalink

Skinomi® TechSkin - HTC Sensation 4G Screen Protector + Full Body Skin Protector with Lifetime Replacement Warranty / Front & Back Premium HD Clear Film / Ultra High Definition Invisible and Anti-Bubble Crystal Shield - Retail Packaging
Offered by Skinomi
Price: $19.95
2 used & new from $13.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Awesome and works! but...., July 20, 2011
I'll just go list version:

Pros:

-Does NOT scratch!
-Dropped my phone, several times, no visible/physical damage!

Cons:
-When installing, you're going to run out of the fluid in squirt bottle. Be prepared to refill (with regular tap water, as directions indicate)
- DO NOT touch dry surface, especially with hair or dust! It will get on the sticky side and it will be EXTRAORDINARILY DIFFICULT to remove.

Other than that it is pretty simple to install and take off. I've done it three times.

*************EDIT******************

The pieces eventually got filled with dust/dirt and fell off. It didn't last one year. Now I just use my phone without it. I'm not planning on buying a replacement. I don't occasionally drop my phone (less than 10 times).

Page: 1 | 2