Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Mary Carpenter Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS
Profile for Traveler > Reviews

Browse

Traveler's Profile

Customer Reviews: 13

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Traveler RSS Feed (NH USA)

Page: 1 | 2
LightDims Original Strength.
LightDims Original Strength.
Offered by LightDims
Price: $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A neat alternative to electric tape, March 1, 2016
This review is from: LightDims Original Strength.
Worked great on my desk lamp which has a touch-sensitive illuminated power button, and extinguished the insanely bright blue LEDs on my humidifier. It's a bit tricky to get the smallest size to release, but I find myself walking around the house tonight looking for more lights to cover up!

The Highest TaoTronics Dimmable Touch Eye-Care LED Desk Lamp with USB Charge Port (15W, Black, Adjustable Arm & Head, Touch-Sensitive Control Panel)
Offered by Sunvalleytek
Price: $99.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Darn near perfect, February 18, 2016
Excellent lamp - bright to the point where I rarely have it turned all the way up. It is more expensive than the smaller, similar ones but for me taller/longer reach was better. And this one has a nice diffuser over the LEDs which makes for more even lighting - a subtle but appreciated difference. One thing I did notice is that the Qi wireless charger I use for my phone makes a humming sound when plugged into the lamp's USB. Regular charging cables are silent, but if like me you were hoping to use the lamps large-ish base as a wireless charging station you might be disappointed. Not a big enough deal to knock off a star.

Vornado Evap3 Whole Room Evaporative Humidifier, Black
Vornado Evap3 Whole Room Evaporative Humidifier, Black
Price: $63.74
28 used & new from $40.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice humidifier but who thought those insanely bright LEDs were a good idea?, January 7, 2016
We have a couple Vorando fans and overall this is another nicely designed product. Water tank is easy to refill and fan noise is barely audible on the low setting - about the same as the medium setting on one of their small fans when the humidifier runs on high. Tank lasts the night in a moderately sized bedroom even in a New England winter. Can't for the life of me figure out why Vornado used what seem like flashlight-grade LEDs for the indicator lights - these are way too bright in a bedroom and you'll likely be covering them up after your first night.

Mobile & Compact Complete Computer Workstation Desk. Color: Graphite
Mobile & Compact Complete Computer Workstation Desk. Color: Graphite
Price: $60.79
23 used & new from $58.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy and designed for easy assembly, December 12, 2015
I was pleasantly surprised - sturdy and nicely designed. Did have one missing fastener but amazingly there was a spare. About 30 minutes to assembly taking my time. Almost all connections are metal-to-metal, so no worry about screws pulling out of MDF. Didn't assembly the CD rack but put the screws in to cover the holes. Only gripe is that there is no cable management so I'll need to add a bunch of velcro ties to tame the rats nest and secure a power strip. Not expected for the low price but would happily have paid a few bucks more if cable management was included.

Zebra License Plate Frames (Set of Two) Made of Plastic
Zebra License Plate Frames (Set of Two) Made of Plastic
Offered by KOTSEMOWORLD
Price: $7.35
7 used & new from $3.21

3.0 out of 5 stars Look good, but no tabs for lower part of plate, September 22, 2015
These look good and are cheap so can't really get too worked up, but the ones I received do not have the tabs on the lower part of the plate. Which mean they work great for my rear plates with four screws, but not so sure about the front where I only have two.

New Balance Men's MWM756B2 Country Walking Shoe,Brown,11.5 D US
New Balance Men's MWM756B2 Country Walking Shoe,Brown,11.5 D US
Offered by Shoe Station
Price: $42.48
7 used & new from $42.48

3.0 out of 5 stars Ordered 0. 5 sizes up so the shoes fit ..., September 2, 2014
Ordered 0.5 sizes up so the shoes fit but they are after a couple of days still quite snug. I wanted slip-on walkers so these fit the bill but I think if I hadn't gotten an amazingly low price I'd have sent them back and bought another brand.

Croakies Unisex Adult Guatemalan World Cord  Eyewear Retainer (24 inches) Colors may vary, fits small to large frames
Croakies Unisex Adult Guatemalan World Cord Eyewear Retainer (24 inches) Colors may vary, fits small to large frames
Price: $6.00
3 used & new from $6.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Just OK. A few stripes on black cord but ..., July 31, 2014
Just OK. A few stripes on black cord but looks ok. An inch or so short of 24" the packaging label says "Guatemalan Small" - close enough to my old ones but still. Likely would have kept looking if I'd seen these in a real store but not worth the trouble to return.

Pinzon Hotel Stitch 400-Thread-Count 100-Percent Egyptian Cotton Sateen Sheet Set, California King, White with Plum Stripes

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value, not so great embroidery, July 1, 2014
For what I paid, I'd have to say these are really good value sheets. Sheets themselves are fairly smooth although not the best, but they've only been washed a couple times so they may get better. Fitted sheet is deep enough for our fairly tall mattress with a memory foam topper. What was not so great is the embroidery, it's pretty poor so do yourself a favor and add Dritz 674 Fray Check Liquid Seam Sealant, 0.75-Ounce to your order to stop the many loose threads that will soon appear.

Philips AS140/37 Fidelio Bluetooth Speaker with Micro-USB Dock
Philips AS140/37 Fidelio Bluetooth Speaker with Micro-USB Dock
6 used & new from $39.75

4.0 out of 5 stars Died after a year. But resurrected by customer service., November 15, 2013
I had given this a one star review, but I'm revising it back to 4 stars. Mine bricked (unresponsive to any of the buttons) after a year of happy use and was out of warranty. However, just before recycling it I reached a helpful customer service person at Philips, and his longshot-sounding suggestion of unplugging it and pressing the power button "quickly 20 or 30 times in a row" worked! My dock came back to life and has been working well ever since. His suggestion was pretty obscure so I'm posting it in case it can be helpful for others.

Quicken Deluxe 2013 [Download] [OLD VERSION]
Quicken Deluxe 2013 [Download] [OLD VERSION]

3.0 out of 5 stars Five minutes to install, one hour on chat to get working..., February 9, 2013
Upgraded from Quicken 2010 solely due to their sunset policy. Seriously, Intuit, why not just let your customers pay a subscription fee after 3 years instead of these pointless upgrades? That way, you get the money without annoying your customers and everyone goes away happy.

Install from disk was fine, ran the R10 updates, and it converted my 15 years of data without issue. Well, not completely without issues. A bunch of closed accounts with rounding error (0.000025 shares) balances resurrected themselves but these were fairly easy to find and fix. Then I tried to download transactions from my accounts, and while some worked Amex turned out to be one STOP update even though it had been working perfectly in Q2010. Online chat with tech support did eventually solve the problem, but really this sort of stuff should not be happening this late in the release cycle.

As to features, I don't think I'm in any hurry to try the problematic mobile app so there's not much new here and I think the Investments homepage has taken a step back compared to Q2010 as it has way more options but not as clean an overview.

Page: 1 | 2