Profile for John Underwood > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 22

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

John Underwood RSS Feed

It's.
Bad.
Move.
On.

I made it about 10 minutes in before I went looking for a C movie that didn't make my teeth itch.

It does deserve one star for the makeup/stage work/props. Some people put in allot of hours making haunted house quality mutant faces and starship style sliding doors.

C or D cell to AA Battery Adapter Charge Test C&D Cells in BT-C2000 BM200 BT-C2400 BC2000 BT-C700 Chargers
Offered by DC Workshop - DL LLC
Price: $6.92
2 used & new from $2.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, December 26, 2014
Exactly the same as those included with my Opus BT-C2400 charger.

1990-1997 MAZDA MIATA-MX5 Flat, Driver Side Replacement Mirror Glass
1990-1997 MAZDA MIATA-MX5 Flat, Driver Side Replacement Mirror Glass
Offered by Hubcaps Plus
Price: $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I used one of their tape pads to hold it in place and dressed the lip of the frame with a gel based super glue. I hope this help, December 26, 2014
Fits my 95 Miata perfectly. This replacement fits ON TOP OF the current glass. Your existing glass acts as a mounting surface for two included circles of double sided tape.

In my case the existing glass was completely broken out when I purchased the Miata. I had to cut away from the edge of the empty mirror frame to make this fit because of the missing glass. I should have taken a picture for everyone reading this.

The lip on the skinny end had to be completely cut away.

On the fat end I had to remove both "corners", leaving a bit of the center lip.

This let the sides of the frame "grip" the slightly over sized replacement.

Now you are left with a smaller surface area for the included double sided tape. The intention is to have a cracked mirror as it's mating surface.

I hope this helps the next Miata owner!

Anker 4.8A / 24W 2-Port USB Car Charger with PowerIQ Technology + 3ft Micro USB Cable for Samsung Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge, Nexus, HTC M9, Motorola, Nokia and More (Black)
Offered by AnkerDirect
Price: $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent charger., December 7, 2014
The one it replaced was particular about the way you put it in the lighter port. At times I would have to turn it a few degrees at a time until my phone started charging.

This one just starts charging with no problems.

Google Nexus 6 MoKo [Heavy Duty] Full Body Rugged Holster Cover Case with Swivel Belt Clip - Dual Layer Shock Resistant Google Nexus 6 Case **Lifetime Warranty**, BLACK
Offered by BSCstore
Price: $8.99
2 used & new from $0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good semi-rugged case, December 6, 2014
I was relieved when the package arrived so that I could protect my expensive new Nexus 6 better than I did my Note 2.

Pros:

As advertised the Google Nexus 6 Case - MoKo Holster Cover with Kickstand and Belt Clip Swivel [Heavy Duty] Rugged Protective Case for Nexus 6 by Motorola Lollipop Smart Phone 2014 release, BLACK, and all of it's clones with other brand names, offers more protection than a slim case.

The "kickstand" is nice to have. I wish the angle was closer to vertical by a few degrees. It sits at about 45 degrees, or half way between vertical and horizontal. This angle catches the reflection of lights from the ceiling, though it's not bad enough to be a con for me. My Zagg Glass Invisible Shield is certainly making the reflection worse. So it may not be as bad for you.

The four ridges on either side of the kickstand 'mostly' take care of the wobble from the Nexus 6's curved back.

Cut-outs leave plenty of room for a micro-usb, an audio jack, the camera lens, and microphone.

Like others I prefer handling the power and volume buttons with the case on. The rubber gives a more positive feel to them.

Cons:

I do have a concern that the soft rubber lip around the face is neither strong enough or tall enough to protect from a cracked screen in some drops.

Especially if your like me and occasionally LAUNCH your phone from your pocket like it's a skeet shooting target... poor unfortunate Note 2 and it's 4 replacement glass faces. It really makes you feel like you have the grip of a newborn baby when you realize your phone just flew out of your hand... again. I'll take a star off for this, and describe it as 'semi'-rugged, because I'm certain it will at some point fail.

Notes:

Obvious trade offs are size and weight, which I won't list as cons.

I don't use the holster, but it doesn't seem to have any obvious flaws.

I have ordered the Nexus 6 Case, SUPCASE [Heavy Duty] Belt Clip Holster Case for Google Nexus 6 (2014 Release) [Unicorn Beetle PRO Series] Full-body Rugged Hybrid Protective Cover with Built-in Screen Protector (Black/Black), Dual Layer Design + Impact Resistant Bumper, F... and pre-ordered the Google Nexus 6 Case - Poetic Google Nexus 6 Case [REVOLUTION Series] - Rugged Hybrid Case with Built-in Screen Protector for Google Nexus 6 Black (3-Year Manufacturer Warranty from Poetic). I'll review the other two and write back.

*** Update 12/16/14 - I had to return my Nexus 6 due to a bug with Sprint's LTE network and these phones. Half of my calls didn't show up on my phone, but rang several times for the caller before going to voicemail. So I will not be reviewing the Unicorn Beetle Pro or Poetic Revolution.

Chapter One:  'Tis the Season
Chapter One: 'Tis the Season
DVD
Price: $0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great show. Bosh and Hand of God are the ..., September 13, 2014
This review is from: Bosch (Amazon Instant Video)
Great show. Bosh and Hand of God are the best of Amazon's Pilot shows.

Fruit of the Loom Men's 4-Pack Low Rise Boxer Brief, Blue/Grey, Medium
Fruit of the Loom Men's 4-Pack Low Rise Boxer Brief, Blue/Grey, Medium
Price: $13.99
2 used & new from $13.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, September 4, 2014
These are the best fit for me in boxer briefs. Great price on Amazon.

Evan-Fischer EVA17772011502 Grille Assembly Grill Plastic shell and insert Black
Offered by AutoPartsGiant
Price: $20.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, September 4, 2014
Fit like a glove in a 1996 Camry.

MagicShowerhead SH1026 7 LED Colors Fading Shower Head
MagicShowerhead SH1026 7 LED Colors Fading Shower Head
Offered by Savings Outlet
Price: $9.49
21 used & new from $6.25

1.0 out of 5 stars Ear piercing whine!, September 4, 2014
The shower head shipped to me lets out an ear piercing whine that I can hear across the house from my daughter's shower, with her bathroom door closed.

I probably got a knock off and will purchase another one from a different seller.

*** Update 12/16/14 - I purchased a second unit from another seller. It didn't have the whine, but leaked from day one. It was a small leak so we dealt with it. After two months the light show died. These things are simply junk.

Master Lock 8253DAT Tailgate Lock
Master Lock 8253DAT Tailgate Lock
Price: $15.36
19 used & new from $14.85

4.0 out of 5 stars Not for early 90's Chevy c1500, May 7, 2014
Didn't fit my truck. I sold it to a friend with a 2014 Silverado. Fit like a glove on the new truck.

Update - Should have specified. My truck is a 1994 c1500.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3