Industrial-Sized Deals Shop all Back to School Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Melanie Martinez $5 Off Fire TV Stick Grocery Shop Popular Services pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Baby Sale
Profile for Bob Tobias > Reviews

Browse

Bob Tobias' Profile

Customer Reviews: 1810
Top Reviewer Ranking: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Bob Tobias "Robert Tobias" RSS Feed (Arlington, VA USA)
(TOP 10 REVIEWER)    (#1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Observ Wine Bottle Tote Bag, Lively Red - Insulated Travel Cooler with Bottle Opener
Offered by Observ Life
Price: $17.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, for you or as a gift, September 2, 2015
Length:: 1:53 Mins

This is just the right combination of price, functionality, and quality. It has a solid feel, and I expect it to last a long time. It looks great, and I wouldn't be embarrassed to give it as a gift. Moreover, it's cheap enough that I will not get too upset if I misplace it and can give it as a gift along with a nice bottle of wine.

The tote was provided at no cost so I could give you this review.

Geartist® RT419 Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Transmitter and Audio Receiver (NFC/Apt-X) with 3.5mm Stereo Output 2-In-1 Adapter for iPhone 6/Plus/6s, Headphones, TV, Computer/PC, iPod, MP3/MP4, Car Stereo and More
Offered by J&H island
Price: $39.99
2 used & new from $24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Rock solid performance in a device that goes both ways., August 30, 2015
This is a handy device, about the size of a matchbook, that can act as either a Bluetooth transmitter or receiver. That means, for example, I can play music from my iPad to older stereo equipment that does not support Bluetooth. That includes any car stereo that has an "AUX" input where I can connect it.

Having the cord permanently attached is a great convenience as is the clear indication of its battery level.

I've tested it using an iPhone, an iPad, an android tablet, a Bluetooth microphone, and a Bluetooth headset. In every case it connected quickly and provided flawless performance.

I received this with no further obligation so I could give you this review.

BAIDATONG 052 External Battery Backup Charger Case Pack Power Bank for iPhone Plus 5.5 inch (Local gold)
Offered by Baidatong
Price: $32.00
2 used & new from $19.44

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a well-built case with lots of power for not much money., August 30, 2015
Length:: 1:26 Mins

I like how easy it is to put my phone in (once you learn the trick, shown in the video) and the stand comes in handy. It's just the thing to keep my phone playing videos during a long flight or me playing Words With Friends during a long meeting.

Like any other battery case, and I've used a few, you can lose maybe "a bar" of wireless signal when I put my phone in.

This case was provided with no further obligation so I could give you this review.

Slendertone Abs5 Abdominal Muscle Toner
Slendertone Abs5 Abdominal Muscle Toner
Price: $85.02
3 used & new from $85.02

4.0 out of 5 stars Another outstanding product from Slendertone with one "small" sizing issue, August 29, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I purchased the Slendertone ARMS Muscle Training System a few months ago to work on Fred and Ethyl, aka, The Guns. If anything this unit is more impressive.

The three large pads attach to the belt. Just remember, grid pattern is the side you stick to the belt and save the plastic sheets covering the other side to preserve the adhesive pads when they're not stuck to you.

It is important that you press the pads firmly to your abdomen when putting on the belt so their entire surfaces have good contact. Otherwise, the sessions will sting.

What I really like about this toner is it keeps track of my progress and automatically moves me to more advanced training programs.

It is also handy that they provide a toll-free phone number to use if I should have any questions. In fact, I doubt they'll mind if I share it with you: 1-800-551-2443.

My sizing issue is with the statement in their listing that "Belt fits waist 24" - 46." I have a 38" waist and the belt barely fits. If I pull pretty hard I get enough of the Velcro on one side to overlap just a bit of the belt on the other so it sort of holds on... If I don't move much. I cannot imagine how till will ever fit anyone with a much larger midsection. It wouldn't be hard to come up with a Velcro extender. I even expected to find one in the box when I saw how this fit. There wasn't one and should have been.

E-CEROS Portable Bluetooth Speaker with LED, Dazzling Light Effects, Surround Stereo Sound, Micro SD Card Supported
Offered by The Geek Room
Price: $159.99

5.0 out of 5 stars This speaker sounds good and looks good. But, don't take my word for it..., August 29, 2015
Length:: 3:27 Mins

I wouldn't call this a portable speaker, per se. Technically, weighing just over one pound, you *could* carry it with little trouble. Still, there are better speakers if that is your goal.

However, if you want a speaker that sounds good and provides nice visuals in the bargain, the this is a great choice. And, like I said in the title, don't take my word for it, check out the speaker, its sound, lights, and features in the accompanying video.

Key features include:

A "real" on/off switch

Lots of different light patterns

Light patterns that change in sync to the music. Many of these LED speakers only change their lights to a fixed pattern, regardless of the music playing. That gets old, fast.

This speaker was provided at no cost and with no further obligation so I could give you this review.

Bundle:Nitecore EF1 Explosion-proof Flashlight CREE XM-L2 U3 830 Lumens 295 Yards Beam Distance EDC Flashlight For Hazardous Industries by NL189 3400mAh 18650 Battery EASTSHINE EB182 Battery Box
Offered by EASTSHINE
Price: $249.00
2 used & new from $149.95

5.0 out of 5 stars An extremely well built, very bright, and easy to use special purpose light, August 29, 2015
Length:: 1:57 Mins

The attached video compares an MT-20C tactical light to this one. Maybe it's not a fair comparison but I figured, it couldn't hurt.

The MT-20C weighs about four ounces. This light weighs about three times as much. I use that difference as a suggestion of how much more substantial the EF-1 is.

The switch is designed to be operated easily, even when wearing thick gloves.

All in all, this light seems like it will work great in environments where I hope to never be.

The light was provided without further obligation so I and give you this review.

LIDIAN PowerPort 5 (40W 5-Port USB Charging Hub) Multi-Port USB Charger for iPhone iPad Samsung Galaxy Google Nexus Motorola HTC LG Nokia Lumia and More
Offered by UPNEW
Price: $45.00

5.0 out of 5 stars An outstanding option as a home *or* travel charger. I use this type (and not this model) when I travel., August 29, 2015
"Beautifully charge your devices..."

The whole listing sounds like whoever wrote it may not speak English as their first language. I thought it was kind of cute.

What caught my eye was the part that says, "...deliver its fastest possible charge speed...". That phrase is why I accepted the seller's offer to evaluate the charger with no obligation and provide an honest review. My goal was to show how wrong they were.

And, after fairly comprehensive testing, involving multiple devices and chargers, it turns out they may be right. It doesn't matter what I used, several generations of iPhones and iPads or any number of Android devices, *this* charger always delivered more power than the three other current model USB chargers I tried. Sometimes it measured to "only" a 10% increase while other times it was as much as 25%. Their "trick" is to keep the voltage at 5.2 and support whatever current can be drawn (up to the stated limits on the device). The result is a device will charge that much quicker.

It's well suited for travel:

- It weighs only 5.5 ozs.

- It's coated with a rubbery finish that keeps it from sliding around

- It comes with a 4-foot power cord which is plenty long for hotel rooms. (Yes, I read where it says 3.6 feet in the listing and I trust my tape measure more.)

Gladiator GAFP32CBZM Floor Pad Kit, Black/Silver
Gladiator GAFP32CBZM Floor Pad Kit, Black/Silver
Price: $245.40
2 used & new from $171.78

4.0 out of 5 stars Installation is relatively easy with the right tool and some brute force., August 29, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This kit is barely enough to cover 1/2 of a very small 1-car garage and you will need one kit for every 32 square feet of garage floor you want to cover. That can add up quickly. The picture in the listing, showing a "mat" in front of a work bench is exactly what you can make with one set of 32 tiles.

What you get:

- 16 12"x12" Black tiles

- 16 12"x12" Grey tiles

- 24 Black 4" wide edge pieces

- 4 Black corner pieces

- Not really good instructions

What you don't get and will absolutely need:

- A rubber mallet. There are a bunch of 16 oz mallets on Amazon for between $10 and $15. I got a 24 oz rubber mallet at my local hardware store for < $5 and appreciated the extra force it provided during the installation,

What you should know:

- Lay out the tiles before you start whacking them together. Grey can look a lot like black when there's sweat running into your eyes.

- If it's a tile at the edge, attach the edge piece to the tile before attaching the tile to what you have already put together. (This may not mean anything now but trust me, it will come in handy if you are putting this floor together.

Bundle - 3 Items: NiteCore MT10A 920 Lumen Multitask Tactical LED Flashlight, Genuine Nitecore IMR14500 Battery, and LumenTac Keychain Light
Offered by Lumen Tactical
Price: $59.95
2 used & new from $59.95

5.0 out of 5 stars The most impressive light I've seen in its class, August 28, 2015
Length:: 4:14 Mins

This light is remarkably bright, for its size and for lights that are much larger. It works with a standard AA battery or a rechargeable and produces a respectably bright light. To get the maximum brightness, you need to use their high output battery.

With the light in this listing, you also get one high-output battery. You can also get it with a little key chain light and that's used by competing sellers to create unique listings. You might want to also consider saving a few bucks with the same light minus the key fob light and with a handy battery case as Bundle:Nitecore MT10A Tactical Flashlight But, I digress.

If you don't have a compatible battery charger then you should buy the Nitecore MT10A with Charger. (Before you ask, standard NiMh and NiCad chargers are not compatible.) And, regardless of which light package you get, consider getting a couple spare high-output batteries. For example, 2x Nitecore IMR 14500 NI14500A 650mAh 6.5A 3.7V Li-Mn Rechargeable Battery.

The light was provided with no further obligation so I could give you this review.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 28, 2015 3:09 PM PDT

Bundle:Nitecore MT10A Tactical Flashlight CREE XM-L2 U2 920 Lumens Aglie Handy EDC Torch 170 Meters Beam Distance Multitask Searchlight by IMR 14500/AA/14500 Battery EASTSHINE EB182 Battery Box
Offered by EASTSHINE
Price: $156.95
2 used & new from $56.95

Length:: 4:14 Mins

As listed here, you get the light with one high-output battery. If you already have a compatible charger then this is a good bet. (Before you ask, standard NiMh and NiCad charger will not work.) If you don't have a charger then you could get the Nitecore MT10A with battery and charger instead.

You might want to also consider getting some additional high-output batteries. For example, 2x Nitecore IMR 14500 NI14500A 650mAh 6.5A 3.7V Li-Mn Rechargeable Battery.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20