Best Books of the Month Shop Costumes Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote Subscribe & Save Introducing Handmade New Kitchen Scale from AmazonBasics Amazon Gift Card Offer gdwf gdwf gdwf  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage  McCartney Shop Now Retro Toys Deal
Profile for Robert Lee Moon > Reviews

Robert Lee Moon's Profile

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Robert Lee Moon "Lee Moon" RSS Feed (Brunswick, GA USA)

Maxell AirStash Expandable Capacity Wireless 16GB Flash Drive A02 (666601)
Maxell AirStash Expandable Capacity Wireless 16GB Flash Drive A02 (666601)
3 used & new from $105.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great accessory for iPhone and iPad, December 14, 2011
My AirStash A02 arrived today and after a quick charge was ready to use. I updated the firmware to the latest version before loading anything onto the included 16 GB SDHC card. While looking at the few settings, I changed it's WiFi network name to something other than it's default. It's currently set for open access but I'll set a password when I'm finished exploring what all it can do.

I've loaded a few .mp3, .mpa, .mp4 and .jpeg files on the card. Using the AirStash app, Safari and Atomic Web on the iPhone 4S and iPad 2, I was able to smoothly and quickly play/view all of these files. I haven't loaded any iWork files on the AirStash yet, but will try that soon. I have a Numbers spreadsheet that tracks the fuel economy of my Honda CR-Z that has an embedded graph, so that should be a good little test. Accessing the AirStash with my iPhone and iPad simultaneously worked perfectly. A .mp4 video played perfectly on the iPhone while a .mp3 played flawlessly on the iPad.

The IOS AirStash app is simple to use, presenting you with a list of files/folders. Audio, video and photo files open in the app for viewing and listening. You can also connect to the AirStash without using the app. Simply open your browser and go to The web page will be similar to the AirStash app. Regardless of how you access the AirStash, you must be connected to its WiFi network.

I'm looking forward to using the AirStash as an easy way to do the following:
1) provide additional storage for my iPhone and iPad.
2) access that storage while out of range of either WiFi or cellular services.
3) allow others to simultaneously view my files.

So far, I'm thrilled with the AirStash A02! It performs as advertised and is very simple and easy to use. As always, my Amazon order and UPS delivery were completed perfectly.

Apple MacBook Air MC234LL/A 13.3-Inch Laptop (OLD VERSION)
Apple MacBook Air MC234LL/A 13.3-Inch Laptop (OLD VERSION)
6 used & new from $479.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great go anywhere laptop, December 11, 2009
I've owned a few Apple portable computers over the years, starting with the PowerBook 100 through the MacBook Pro 15". The MacBook Air with the SSD option is great.

I love the thin profile, light weight and speed of this computer. In the 2 weeks since it arrived from Amazon, I've been streaming my iMac's iTunes library (music and video) to the Air, watching YouTube, general Internet use, email, gaming (Quake III and Pangea Arcade.)

The system is very responsive and doesn't really heat up much unless I'm playing a game or watching video (iTunes or YouTube) for a while. The fan is pretty quiet and quickly ramps down when the processor idles back. The LED-backlit screen is great as is the backlit keyboard. Typing is a pleasure with this keyboard and I thought I wouldn't like it from the pictures.

As many have pointed out, it would be nice to have easier access to the USB port. I happen to have an extension USB cable that I use to connect a 32GB thumb drive. The thumb drive casing is too large to fit the port otherwise. I'm planning on getting the Air Superdrive soon. However, using Remote Disc from my iMac was super easy and trouble free.

Battery life seems fine, as I'm getting about 4 to 5 hours if I'm conservative with the backlight. This is with WiFi on and Bluetooth off. We have an Airport Extreme (dual network) base station and I'm getting full network connectivity throughout the house.

I do wish the vents on the back/underside were a bit different, as they appear to be prone to getting covered up if not on a flat surface. I'll be getting iWork and Photoshop Elements 8 in a few days and will see how those apps work. I haven't connected my Canon EOS 40D camera yet, but expect the Air to be a great traveling companion to the camera.

All in all, I'm a very satisfied owner of the MacBook Air. Amazon was a pleasure to order from as usual.