Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Bob Dylan Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery The Baby Store Shop now Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now SnS
Profile for Music Lover > Reviews

Browse

Music Lover's Profile

Customer Reviews: 163

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Music Lover RSS Feed (fontana, ca USA)

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17
Mel Bay Conversation Pieces: Original Solos for the Classical Guitarist
Mel Bay Conversation Pieces: Original Solos for the Classical Guitarist
by Lawrence Long
Price: $14.95
20 used & new from $11.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Book & CD for great lessons, September 1, 2008
The great thing about this book, is it comes with an included CD, so you can hear, and see what you are learning. Great book for any learning guitarist.

Camp Grenada
Camp Grenada
Offered by IMS Distribution
Price: $9.86
50 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars If you like Nirvana - You'll Love Gren, August 16, 2008
This review is from: Camp Grenada (Audio CD)
The musicianship of this record is great. Dynamic & powerful alternative rock with a Kurt Kobainesque singer. The music is along the lines of the Toadies. The bassist has sweet dystinctive lines. I'm surprised this band never got big. "She Shines" is a total classic alt rock track. This disc could be like one of the lyrics in that song "I'll keep her.... I'll do her...."

F1 2002 [GameCube]
F1 2002 [GameCube]
Offered by Media Supplies Outlet
Price: $22.49
22 used & new from $5.11

3.0 out of 5 stars Too Hard To Control, May 31, 2008
This review is from: F1 2002 [GameCube] (CD-ROM)
This is fun, but it's too hard to control. I prefer a stiffer control like nascar then a touchy one that spins you every time you touch it.

Driven NGC
Driven NGC
Offered by novatrol
Price: $18.49
64 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Frantic pace racing, May 31, 2008
This review is from: Driven NGC (Video Game)
These cars fly!!! It's fun to zip around with the music playing hyper rythms. It's forgiving, so if you hit a wall, you're not out of the race. Me and my daughter both loved it.

Nascar Dirt to Daytona
Nascar Dirt to Daytona
Offered by gamedynasty
Price: $109.99
41 used & new from $6.32

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool wrecks!!!, May 31, 2008
Played this only once so far, and dig it. I raced dirt track, and that was a blast. Then I raced modified, and hit the wall. It broke the front wheel off, and I was allowed to go around the track grinding the rotor into the track. Then my rear wheel started wobbling, until I caused a massive pile up!!! It was awesome!!!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars I NEED THIS CLUB, March 23, 2008
I have a full set of Nicklause Q4 clubs EXCEPT FOR THE 3 WOOD. If anyone has a 3 WOOD, please E-mail me at sleevemeister at msn dot com, and I will buy it.

4" Terminator 2 Judgement Day Collectible Figure (One Random Figure)
4" Terminator 2 Judgement Day Collectible Figure (One Random Figure)
Offered by WeHaveItReadyToShip
Price: $5.95

1.0 out of 5 stars This Is A Total Ripoff!~!!, January 14, 2008
The picture shown of the robot is false advertising!! Beware, there are 6 figures, and you only get 1 at random. The 5 non-robot ones look totally lame!!! I got a 3" tall half-body terminator (arnold version) that was nowhere near good enough to display. The odds of getting the robot are not worth the risk of buying 5 lame ones. I will be posting a pic of the lame ones so you can see. Buyer beware.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 28, 2008 9:02 AM PST

A Decade
A Decade
Offered by mirmedia_movies_and_music
Price: $4.25
29 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Not A Good Representation of OLP, December 30, 2006
This review is from: A Decade (Audio CD)
I own all of Our Lady Peace's records, and wanted to give my opinion of this collection of tunes. Who are Our Lady Peace? They are a canadian alt-rock trio that arguably should have been huge in the states. The singer sounds a bit like Smashing Pumpkins' vocalist, and I believe that is what pigeon-holed them. Their music is so different than Smashing Pumpkins, and has evolved on every record. For the most-part, they are great pop-rock songwriters. If you love melodic rock, then OLP is for you. This collection has tunes from all 6 of their full records. I would omit several of the tracks, and use several replacements as listed below.

Their first record "Naveed" was riff-rock that relied on choppy guitar or bass lines. This record doesn't really sound like what OLP became. It had a couple minor radio hits, but I would not have included either in a retrospective collection. To me the track "Julia" is the only one that had OLP's future sound.

Their second record "Clumsy" was true alternative rock. It had strange chord progressions that are not usually as pretty to listen to. There are 2 exceptions that stand out on this record. "4AM" and "Clumsy". This is where OLP started to find themselves.

Their next record "Happiness Is A Fish That You Can't Catch" is simply a masterpiece. You must own this record if no other OLP record. They hit it out of the park on this one, and it is simply by far, their best record. Every song on this record is great. I would pick the following tunes from this record for a collection: "One Man Army", "Potato Girl", "Blister", "Is Anybody Home", "Waited", "Thief", and "Stealing Babies".

Their next "Spiritual Machines" was an attempt at an art-rock record. Think of it as their "Dark Side Of The Moon". In all honesty, it didn't work that well. It was way too experimental. I would choose "Right Behind You", "In Repair", and "Made To Heal" for a collection.

On "Gravity" they returned to form with Bob Rock producing. This is an excellent record, and one that you should definitely own if you like "Happiness the Fish". I would select "All For You", "Do You Like It", "Somewhere Out There", "Made Of Steel", "Not Enough", and "Sorry".

Their last record "Healthy In Paranoid Times" is a hard one to describe. It seems to me more like a singer/songwriter record than a band record. It sounds almost too pop in many ways, yet the lyrics are more depressing than anything previously done by OLP. It's about how bad the world is screwed up, and comes across as preachy to me. The other thing is the production. It sounds way too digital. If you've never made music, then you might not understand that statement. Digital recordings made fully on computers many times lack the power, and fullness that analog tape had. This record sounds pristine, but has no balls. Rock bands many times steer clear of full digital recordings, and for good reason. I would select only 3 tunes from this record: "Angels/Losing/Sleep", "Love And Trust", and "Walking In Circles".

I hope that OLP is not done yet, as I really like this band, but I have a suspicion that they are.

If you are a diehard fan, this record is worth getting, but if you want a good overview, buy the tunes I've listed from Itunes, or just get "Happiness The Fish" and "Gravity".

Highway Companion
Highway Companion
Price: $12.55
178 used & new from $1.31

1.0 out of 5 stars Boring, Boring, Boring, August 17, 2006
This review is from: Highway Companion (Audio CD)
I don't know what's wrong with you people. I have all of Tom's stuff, and this is simply the worst, most boring pile Tom has ever released. Until now, I didn't think Tom had a bad record. I do now. Actually this, Mojo, and Mudcrutch all suck hard. Tom needs to retire.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 17, 2012 11:49 AM PST

Audiovox VBP-4000 -InchVideo-In-A-Bag-Inch 5.6-Inch LCD TV/DVD Player
Audiovox VBP-4000 -InchVideo-In-A-Bag-Inch 5.6-Inch LCD TV/DVD Player
Offered by Discount Mobile Video
Price: $399.00
6 used & new from $135.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Junk to the max., July 30, 2006
We bought this a couple of years ago for $400+ On our first trip out it gave problems with the picture intermittently washing out where it was barely visible. I remember pulling over on the I-15 freeway to try to fix it. After 15 minutes we gave up, and then all of a sudden it started working correctly again. It was like it needed to heat up or something. Now after not using it much because of the intermittent problem, I tried it again. The picture is still washed out. If the screen was watchable, it'd be a great unit. The sound is good. The bag is good. I left it on the front curb for someone to fiddle with.

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17