Profile for N. Johnson > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 28

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

N. Johnson "Pyrochaos" RSS Feed (USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Nyko Charge Base - Xbox One
Nyko Charge Base - Xbox One
Price: $15.99
75 used & new from $13.55

5.0 out of 5 stars Mine works fine..., November 29, 2013
I picked one of these up from Target, same price.

The battery packs fit fine in my controllers, and the controllers fit find on the charger stand. I'm not really sure what these other reviews are talking about. Most Nyko accessories I've bought in the past have been fine, except for that awful zoom thing for kinect. These work just as good as the Xbox 360 ones did. I'm happy with them. And I sure as heck don't want to pay for the overpriced Microsoft play n charge kit.

UPDATE: 6/12/2014:

The charge station is still working fine for me, and I've been playing the system quite a bit.

I've had only once instance where it wasn't charging the controller, and I just picked it back off, and make sure it went on correct (it indicates with a light when it's charging). Still 5/5 from me.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 3, 2013 10:36 AM PST

Beanitos Nacho Cheese with White Bean Chips, 6 Ounce -- 6 per case.
Beanitos Nacho Cheese with White Bean Chips, 6 Ounce -- 6 per case.
Offered by Since 1901
Price: $26.49
15 used & new from $18.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Best bean chips out there., August 16, 2013
As the other reviewer stated, these nacho cheese chips taste almost exactly like nacho cheese Doritos. I switched to bean chips because I wanted a low carb chip, for snacking and for dipping, and I am in love with this brand of chips! I've loved all their other flavors except the Chipotle BBQ. I was not a fan (but a lot of people seem to like them), so it may just be me on those ones.

Hole Card Confessions: Hand-Reading and Exploitive Play in Hold'em
Hole Card Confessions: Hand-Reading and Exploitive Play in Hold'em
by Owen Gaines
14 used & new from $79.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Good companion to Poker Math that Matters., July 8, 2013
This is a good companion to Poker Math That Matters - Simplifying the Secrets of No-limit Hold'em, Owen's other book.

It uses the same format, with quizzes after each chapter, to help the knowledge sink in.

He has a few different ways of looking at a players range, instead of just saying cards like A10+ and 77+ he uses graphs that a certain type of player would use. And as you go through the hand, you chip away more and more of that range until you can put your opponent on a few different hands.

Overall I thought it was a good read.

Kinect Sensor TV Mounting Clip - Xbox 360
Kinect Sensor TV Mounting Clip - Xbox 360
Offered by TECH2
Price: $10.99
18 used & new from $8.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great! Simple and effective., August 1, 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Clip works great on my Aquos Quattron LE830 SERIES/70IN 1080P.

It doesn't seem to move it all, and the Kinect sits pretty sturdy on it.

Great product for the price. It was down to a couple options since the official mount uses the wall mount screws to mount the Kinect, and my TV was already wall mounted.

Digicom PMA-5031 40-70-Inch Universal Tilting TV Mount
Digicom PMA-5031 40-70-Inch Universal Tilting TV Mount
Offered by Priority Sales Inc
Price: $33.00
14 used & new from $17.06

5.0 out of 5 stars Great mount for a great price., July 27, 2011
I installed this on my Aquos Quattron LE830 SERIES/70IN 1080P and it fits perfectly. The built in level was nice, even though I double checked it using a real level it seemed to match fine. The installation was easy, but required two people only because the TV was so big.

Overall very satisfied.

Linksys Refurbished E2000 Advanced Wireless-N Router
Linksys Refurbished E2000 Advanced Wireless-N Router

2.0 out of 5 stars If I didn't know any better, I'd have thought it was brand new., April 22, 2011
The packaging was great, there were no cosmetic flaws what so ever. The setup disc worked fine for me, and it was easy to add additional devices, such as my xbox.

Connectivity seems to be more consistent. By that, I mean that with my old G router, I would be watching Netflix on my Xbox, and it would adjust the connection at least once or twice during each show. This router, keeps the connection consistent. Which makes streaming more enjoyable.

Setting up was pretty easy, as I didn't need to go into the router settings to change much to add my Xbox, PS3, and Wii. There is an option in the quick setup to "add a device." It basically asks you to have it connect to the router, then prompt when it actually is connected.

Overall it seems to be working great.

EDIT: AAAAAAANNNND It's dead. I got almost 4 years out of it, which is not good considering I have older linksys routers that are still working.

ArcaniA: Gothic 4 - Xbox 360
ArcaniA: Gothic 4 - Xbox 360
Offered by C-USA
Price: $34.99
56 used & new from $6.99

2.0 out of 5 stars It's OK, I expected better with the "Gothic" name., February 17, 2011
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This game isn't bad, it's just not great. Not as great as the other Gothic games, and not as great as Risen. I love types of games, I try to play as many of them as I can. But it takes a while for some to make their way to the US from Germany, and most of the time it is worth the wait. This time it was not.

Story: The story of this game is fairly generic. I don't want to go into too many details, but it's a pretty throw away story that has the Hero needing to get to an area, but every time he gets into a new area there is something blocking his way. It's the typical "I'll do this for you, but you must do this first." So basically the majority of quests aren't even related to the main story. There are some side quests, and a couple of these have been pretty entertaining, most are just go to point A and get this item for me, bring it back and I'll give you an item or gold.

Combat/controls: The combat in this game isn't bad at all. You can use ranged (Bow, crossbow), Magic (lightning, fire, ect) and weapons (sheild + one handed weapon, or two handed weapon). The only problem I found with this is, the majority of enemies charge you. Some sit back and either shoot arrow or magic at you, but they are almost always with a couple enemies that will charge you. So either way you need to prepare yourself for close combat. Or just shoot arrows/magic and run like hell, but how is that fun? It comes with the typical lock on button, but sometimes it goes haywire when you are in close range.

Graphics: The game doesn't look that bad, but it doesn't look that great either. It can have some really cool effects with the water (when it rains water runs down the rocks and trees) but the developers were so proud of this it seems to rain almost every day in the game! The character models are pretty bad, but not enough to make me not want to play it. The enemy design is pretty good. But every enemy of the same type looks the same.

Sound: Soundtrack is actually pretty good. Nice mood setting, nice background music. Effects are also pretty good. Swords sound like swords, arrows hitting sounds like arrows hitting. The voice acting is terrible. To think someone got paid to "act" makes me think about changing careers. I don't expect the Godfather of voice acting in my games, but a little emotion and emphasis would be welcome over just reading a script like it's a book report.

Difficulty: The game is insanely hard on Gothic difficultly, almost to the point of wanting to break the disc. It's not because it's challenging, it's because even when you are attacking the enemies they seem to hit you unless you stun them with lightning. I didn't have a hard time with 1v1 or even 1v2 fights. But anything with more than 3 enemies I had to be cheap otherwise they would swarm me. It also pisses me off that I build my character like a tank, and the enemies sill kill me in 2 or 3 hits. This is extremely frustrating since it almost forces you to build a long range character and use the games many glitches against it. Oh, did I mention that this game has a TON of glitches?

Glitches: You pretty much have to glitch the enemies on Gothic difficulty. Either by going up on a rock/tree (although this has caused the enemies to shoot straight up in the air on multiple occasions) or if you run far enough away, the enemies will retreat back to their spawn/wait point. So your only option in some cases of large groups is to range attack, run. Range attack, run. Repeat 20 times and you beat them. Also there is an achievement which 90% of the people have not been able to get because it is glitched. This actually causes you to miss 2 achievements because one achievement is for getting all other achievements.

Overall I don't think it's a terrible game, but do your self the favor of playing it on a lower difficulty and you may have more fun with it. It is pretty linear, but it's worth it if you like these types of game. Just don't expect a Gothic game, or even a Risen, just treat it as it's own.

Venetica - Xbox 360
Venetica - Xbox 360
Offered by You Name the Game
Price: $17.99
38 used & new from $3.35

5.0 out of 5 stars There is just something about this game..., February 15, 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Venetica - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
I am an avid action RPG (console) gamer. I love games like this. Sure, it isn't without it's flaws, but what do you expect for a title that started at $40 brand new and is from a smaller game developer? It best compares to the original Fable, in my opinion, than any other recent game.

Story: The story in this game can be cheesy at times, but overall it's pretty good. It is pretty straight forward, but not linear. You basically unlock more and more areas, and can go back to them at any time. There isn't a new game plus, or free roam mode, which is disappointing since there are things like treasure you will want to go back to. But they are pretty clear about "The Point of No Return." So as long as you create a separate save before the final boss battle, you can go back and do everything. There are also 3 different endings, depending on whether you went out for revenge or love. And one somewhere in between.

Gameplay: Overall the fighting and powers works pretty well, you can quick map only 5 things. This is limiting when it comes to magic, but once you start playing you find yourself only using about a couple of different spells. The swordplay overall is pretty basic. Lock-on, attack, roll, ect. You can choose between a sword, two-handed weapon, spear and shield, or your moonblade which is with you at all times. They all play a little differently. The game is damn hard though on normal and hard. It can even be a challenge on easy in some areas.

Graphics: The graphics aren't the best on this game, but it can really shine in some parts. The caves and catacombs look amazing, but sometimes the city can look generic. It's hit or miss. The character design is pretty cartoony, similar to Fable, but it never really bothered me. The enemy design isn't too varied, as each section you go into has only a few sets of enemies.

Sound: The background music works well with the game, and the voice acting is also hit or miss. Some characters, like Death, the bosses, as well as Scarlett, do a fantastic job. Some of the NPCs aren't up there. With some just shouting out random sayings, to really odd conversation. Overall if you can look at it with a humorous eye you will have a good time with the NPC dialog.

Overall it is a pretty good action RPG if you take it lightly, and don't expect it to be a Dragon Age or Elder Scrolls quality game. If you were a fan of Fable 1, this is a must buy. The humor is there (intentional or not) and there is a certain charm to the game that made me love it. I definitely recommend it.

Officially Licensed Sega Genesis Gen Mobile Portable System w/ 20 Sega Games Built-in & Cartridge Slot - Black - Playstation 3

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome 3rd party Genesis., January 11, 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I own a Sega Nomad, and I've never owned the Retrogen so I can't comment on that.

But compared to the Nomad this is very good competition. There are positives and negatives about this device. But if you are like me, and have a lot of Genesis games that you still love to play, this is an awesome buy.

PROS:

-Extremely lightweight and portable.

The thing is about the size of a PSP when you don't have a game in it. The games really don't stick out too far, but they do stick out a little. The weight of the device is pretty light as well, and it makes the nomad look like a brick.

-Built in rechargeable battery.

As some people have mentioned, this is a pro and a con. But I will go with mainly a pro. I will list why it's also a con in my cons section. Overall the battery life is very long. I don't have an estimated amount of hours, but I would guess it's around 8+. This is one reason the lithium was a good choice, because it's a portable dammit! It's supposed to have long battery life! The Nomad I have you have to add in a battery pack to use it as a portable, and it eats those like Oprah eats cake.

-Built in games!

It comes with 20 built in games. Some are games most of us have probably never heard of, but it also has some of the Genesis classics such as a couple Sonic games, Shinobi, Golden Axe, ect. But it is nice considering I did not own a lot of these. So it's nice to add them to my collection.

-The Screen.

This, for me, is also a pro and a con. The colors on the LCD are very good, and as far as I can tell it matches up very close to genesis quality. They may be slightly off pallet, but not enough that it's going to bother you. The LCD screen itself is a very nice quality.

-Sound

The sound FX on this work well for the most part. They are slightly off, but not enough to bother you. You get used to it pretty dang fast. I mean you might thing Sonic's ring sound if off right away, but after you get into the games you hardly even notice. It's a pretty close match to original Sega.

-AV cable

A lot of these devices seem to do this, but it's nice that you can connect the device to a TV and use it as a genesis. But there are cons to this as well.

CONS:

Battery:

The battery life is awesome, and it's great that it's rechargeable, but there is no way to replace it if the battery goes out. Either though just plain use, or other factors that would kill the battery life.

Screen:

Although I love the screen's colors and brightness, it's pretty small. The Nomad has a slightly larger screen, but it's not as good of quality as this one. I guess you have to sacrifice a little in order to make is so small and portable.

No controller inputs/no 2 players:

As I mentioned above, you can hook it up to a TV through A/V cable. The problem with this, there are no controller ports so you can only play 1 player games. You also cannot hook in your own controllers to use.

Overall:

I think this is a very good 3rd party portable, and the 20 games built in are a HUGE advantage when you are going on a trip and don't want to lug around 50 Sega genesis games. The sound and colors may be slightly off, which may upset hardcore Genesis fans, but I am a pretty big Genesis fan and I don't mind them. I just like the fact I can keep my Sega Nomad as a collector item, and use this for playing all my favorite games.

Taymor Chrome Toilet Tank Magazine Rack
Taymor Chrome Toilet Tank Magazine Rack

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits Fine on my toilet., December 10, 2010
And no, my toilet isn't far away from the wall. There is a little overlay, but the thing fits fine.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3