Profile for Andrea M. Grafton > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 21

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Andrea M. Grafton RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Short-Straw Bride
Short-Straw Bride
by Karen Witemeyer
Price: $11.09
129 used & new from $0.97

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your time and money, January 16, 2015
This review is from: Short-Straw Bride (Paperback)
I don't even know where to begin.
I wanted this book because it had promise. An unplanned marriage is always full of fabulous possibilities for a book, they've always been one of my favorite scenarios to read about.
I also got this book because I've read Witemeyer's "Tailor Made Bride" and LOVE it! Well, I guess all books aren't created equal.

**SPOILERS**
Let's get down to it: All this book seemed to be about was sex. Travis and Meri get married and then it's all about when they can have that "close" relationship.
There is very little plot or story development aside from that. No real relationship developed, I mean Travis and Meri seemed to just fall in love with each other magically, no need to know much about them, I think it was just the physical attraction that sparked their feelings.
Not to mention how unrealistic it is, Travis met Meri once when he was about 17 and now that they're grown he just "knows" that they're supposed to be together and rigs the drawing so that he'll win.
Meri is very determined and gets herself in impossible situations. After the shot gun wedding it's all about the sex, when will they be close enough to have that intimate encounter, etc, etc. Most of the scenes were of Meri or Travis longing for each other but too afraid the other one wasn't ready for it. There was no character development, no plot development. The only side story was of some land-grabber that forces Meri's cousin to marry him. And after the only remotely interesting scene which included a gun showdown, wouldn't you know it? Meri's back to thinking, "when can we have sex?"!!!
Travis has been shot, for crying out loud! And that's what's on their mind? The ending scene is, you guessed it, "now we can have sex." (which I'm sure was fun with a gun shot wound).

Regardless of the short and very small, endearing scenes, this book was not worth the time I spent reading it. As a Christian, I believe we should guard our minds and control what we put into them. Though Meri and Travis are married, most of the readers are probably still single and even Christian, reading one woman's sensual yearnings over her husband is not what I call conducive to keeping your mind clean and godly. Even if a reader IS married, I don't think they should be reading this. I only finished it because I wanted to write a review, and I don't like writing reviews when I haven't completed the book.

Anyway, I don't recommend this to anyone. Unless you're looking for a book about two married people wondering when they can have sex, don't waste your time.

HP - Wireless USB Keyboard and Mouse Combo
HP - Wireless USB Keyboard and Mouse Combo

5.0 out of 5 stars No complaints, April 8, 2013
This combo is just what I was looking for, having no problems with it. Happy that it has just one toggle.

Lasko 106 My Heat Personal Ceramic Heater, Purple
Lasko 106 My Heat Personal Ceramic Heater, Purple
Price: $16.57
48 used & new from $13.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Glad I bought it!, April 8, 2013
It's cold where I live. And the shop office that I work in gets pretty cold sometimes. A space heater is fine for the general office, but my fingers always got pretty cold. I finally bought this little thing and have been so glad I did! I do prop the back up a little so that it points more toward my fingers that are typing on the keyboard. But other than that small change, it's wonderful. When it's not so cold and just a little bit chilly I'll turn it on to warm up the area around my desk. A very nifty little heater, don't regret buying it at all.

The Science of Fitness with Tamilee - I Want That Body!
The Science of Fitness with Tamilee - I Want That Body!
DVD ~ Tamilee Webb
Offered by CSTCP Sales
Price: $14.82
42 used & new from $0.31

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quick work-out!, April 8, 2013
Tamilee is one of my most favorite TV trainers!
These work-outs are short but give you a good run for your money. I like to do two at a time or one in addition to my running.
If you're short on time, or it's late, it's also easy to squeeze in just one work-out then you won't feel as badly as you would if you'd have skipped it altogether.

Puff Cigarettes
Puff Cigarettes
Offered by Hahaprank LLC
Price: $2.78
11 used & new from $0.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Good prop, April 8, 2013
These were pretty funny to have around at a party. The orange part did make them look a little redneck, so I cut off those parts to make them regular, white cigs. They looked great, especially when attaching one at the end of a smoking wand. The "smoke" was pretty easy to see and lasted quite a while.

Fake Puff Cigar Prop
Fake Puff Cigar Prop
Offered by e-World Enterprises
Price: $4.51
13 used & new from $1.82

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious!, April 8, 2013
This review is from: Fake Puff Cigar Prop (Toy)
I really does look like you're smoking! Not a lot of "smoke" comes out with you blow through it but enough to have a cool effect. All-in-all, it was an awesome prop at a party I had.

Fingerstache Temporary Tattoos (By GAMAGO)
Fingerstache Temporary Tattoos (By GAMAGO)
Price: $6.00
39 used & new from $0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars So hilarious, April 8, 2013
I had a smug-themed birthday party at which mustaches were a main part of the theme.
These were fun little props to have!
Like lots of fake tattoos, they did peel off if you were too careless.

Fred and Friends LIP SERVICE Mustache Toothpicks
Fred and Friends LIP SERVICE Mustache Toothpicks
Price: $8.71
33 used & new from $4.01

5.0 out of 5 stars These add a great touch!, April 8, 2013
I had a "smug" birthday party. Mustaches were a big part of the theme and these were AWESOME sticking out of the cupcakes!

Space in the Heart - ABNA 2013 Entry
Space in the Heart - ABNA 2013 Entry

3.0 out of 5 stars The beginning was good, but..., March 30, 2013
I started reading the excerpt and found myself interested, where was the lady going? Why? Why didn't the husband go with her? The pace was quick and the writing style was decent but then it skipped ahead and went downhill from there. I found myself losing interest when it went into detail about telescopes and spaceships and then a phone call from some associate... I ended up skipping over the last pages. The book showed some promise but it was a little too detail-oriented for my taste, sorry to say.

Chasing Mavericks
Chasing Mavericks
DVD ~ Gerard Butler
Price: $9.96
56 used & new from $4.16

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleasantly surprised!, March 30, 2013
This review is from: Chasing Mavericks (DVD)
When I heard about this movie I thought it would bomb but it quickly caught my interest.
It took me through twists and turns, it was inspirational, sad at times and heartwarming but also exciting.
Ironically, I was just trying to figure out what to buy my best friend for her birthday before I watched this--I think I know what to get her now!
Definitely recommend it and will add it to my collection.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3