Profile for B. Price > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 36

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

B. Price RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Dremel 562 Tile Cutting Bit
Dremel 562 Tile Cutting Bit
Price: Click here to see our price
53 used & new from $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for cutting through tile., June 21, 2015
Not sure how it'd do for a lot of work, but after ruining other bits I got this and it cut a hole in my tile for a pipe to go through and had no issues.

GreenWorks 25112 13 Amp 21-Inch Lawn Mower
GreenWorks 25112 13 Amp 21-Inch Lawn Mower
Price: $187.99
9 used & new from $164.49

4.0 out of 5 stars and the customer service has been great. My history so far, June 1, 2015
I have had nothing but problems since I bought it last fall, but I think I finally got this thing figured out, and the customer service has been great. My history so far, having mowed six times:

1. Mowed once in November after we bought our house because the grass wouldn't stop growing. I was hoping we could put off buying a mower until the spring.
2. Hit a stump the first time I mowed. The blade does not seem very sturdy, but I bought 2 replacements for $20 (not Greenworks brand) so it wasn't too bad.
3. Both plastic parts near the blade (fan, spacer) were destroyed while mowing. I ordered some extra parts with the replacements.
4. Same thing. Thankfully I ordered some extras.
5. Every time I plugged it into an outlet, it tripped the breaker. Support knew exactly what the problem was - it seems the rectifier goes out more often than it should - and they mailed one out for me to replace myself. It was pretty simple.
6. After replacing the rectifier, it worked great, except the safety mechanism near the handle was stuck on, so if the power was connected the blade was turning. NOT safe, so I took it in for warranty work.

I just got it back from warranty work and the guy said the mechanical part of the switch was stuck on. I could have taken the enclosure off and unstuck it, and will if it happens in the future. He also told me the metal piece above the plastic fan was installed backwards, which was almost certainly my fault and the problem during mowings #3 and #4.

Granted, I have not had a successful mowing, but Greenworks paid for the entire repair and it seems like I should be good from here on out, especially with the five year warranty. I will let you know if there are any other problems.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Be careful with this one. After seven months of ..., May 3, 2015
Be careful with this one. After seven months of use, we noticed a green ring on a black screen and various other distortions during normal viewing. My guess is that it is heat related, but there is no reason for it to be clogged with dust or anything and it looks clean inside as far as I can tell. I will plan to update this after I deal with Sony's warranty services.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 13, 2015 11:37 AM PDT

Plackers Mouth Guard Grind No More Dental Night Protector, 14 Count
Plackers Mouth Guard Grind No More Dental Night Protector, 14 Count
Price: $16.62
11 used & new from $11.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Unless you have weird teeth, one size should fit all., April 13, 2015
Update: Not sure how many nights I have used this, but it is at least 20+ and I'm pretty sure a single one will last me 50+ nights as a teeth clencher. I do not use it every night; mostly when I am feeling a bit stressed or some times if I wake up and find that I have been clenching. This should be my final review and I'm pretty happy.

=====first update=====

I wore one of these for maybe a week and did somewhat feel like it changed my bite, as somebody else mentioned. After wearing it, I had somewhat of a naturally tendency to not clench my teeth, like I used to. It has now probably been about a week without, and I am probably going to wear it again tonight so I do not clench my teeth. I may plan to wear it every other night or every few nights, depending on how things go. Also, for my teeth clenching problem, it seems like I could easily use a single guard for a month if not a year.

=====original=====

This review is after only using it one night, but to counter some other reviews I saw I would like to suggest that one size should fit all. I was fairly skeptical at first, especially after opening the package to see what they actually looked like, but it does seem fairly well designed.

I was expecting the guard to fully wrap around my upper or lower set of teeth, but these are designed so that the guard is a bit behind my canines. The positioning keeps my jaw slightly open and any of my teeth from touching each other, so I for one do not have to worry about my teeth clenching problem any more.

Some people claimed that it would not stay in position and I can only imagine that being the case if you were somehow chewing on it during your sleep, so they would likely have that problem with anything. Regardless of the size of your mouth, it should be a pretty tight fit between the outer wall of your mouth and your gums/teeth. If your mouth is smaller the bite guards are further back, and if it is larger they are closer to the front, but the function and tight/secure fit would seem to be the same for anybody.

If my thoughts on this change I will come back and update this, but I have been concerned about my teeth clenching problem while I sleep for a year or two now and I expect that I will be pretty happy with these. Unless your teeth are weird and would need a custom designed product regardless, this would probably also work for you.

Elite Screens 150" Diagonal DIY Series Indoor/Outdoor Wall Projection Screen
Elite Screens 150" Diagonal DIY Series Indoor/Outdoor Wall Projection Screen

4.0 out of 5 stars After reading some reviews, I sent an email to ..., October 28, 2014
After reading some reviews, I sent an email to Elite Screens about this specific product on Amazon. Within ten minutes, a rep called me and told me that depending on the manufacturing date that the screen may come without the black border. He said that if a borderless screen arrived that I could contact them and they would replace the screen with a bordered screen.

Normally I would not review a product without purchasing it, but given the low ratings and Elite Screen's promise I am confident that I would give it at least four stars.

Bose SoundTouch 30 Wi-Fi Music System
Bose SoundTouch 30 Wi-Fi Music System
Offered by Secure Hardwares
8 used & new from $549.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Good Even Without Airplay, November 16, 2013
==UPDATE==
After trying most Android applications that would potentially let me stream from my Android phone to the SoundTouch, I've found that it's possible but not currently feasible. After sending usage logs to a developer of two such applications, he concluded that the SoundTouch does not send the normal TransportState = "STOPPED" notice when a song finishes playing so auto-advancing in a playlist doesn't work like it should.

This seems like an easy fix on Bose's part that would broaden the SoundTouch's audience so hopefully they can release an update for that. For reference, the most promising application I've found and talked to the developer of is Cast To UPnP/DLNA for GMusic.
==========

As an Android/PC user, I was apprehensive about buying this Apple-biased system, but I'm hopeful to still use the SoundTouch as I'd like. I've never had a Bose product before and I'm not an audiophile so I can't rate the sound quality, but it does sound good to me and the 30 gets loud enough to be painful in our apartment's 24'x7' living room.

My main concern was about sources of audio and methods I can play music on the SoundTouch 30. I'll detail my observations below.
* Pandora
Very simple and quick, any station able to be set as a preset.
* Windows Media Player library
Fairly simple, any artist/playlist able to be set as a present, but needs work. If I create a new playlist in WMP or add more music, the SoundTouch application will not be updated with that information. To update it, I have to remove the WMP library, add it again and wait a few minutes for it to sync.
* Android - Local MP3s and Google Play Music
The best option I've found can only play one song at a time but I'm hoping Bose can release updated firmware that would allow for better Android utilization in this area. They didn't advertise this functionality, but it's so close to working that they should look into it. Please see my update above for more details.

Holstein Housewares HF-09010B Fun Omelette Maker, Black
Holstein Housewares HF-09010B Fun Omelette Maker, Black
Price: $24.99
6 used & new from $14.77

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid Four, June 5, 2013
I really want to return this, but it was decently cheap, it speeds up my morning a little and it does work. Hopefully these observations will help you make your decision:

On each side, you'll be lucky to fit a two-egg omelette if you add much to it. I just mix two eggs up with a little milk and it barely fits.

The eggs do come out very fluffy but I strongly prefer the taste I used to get when I just poured my eggs in a pan and flipped it when it was solid enough to flip.

Two notes: I run a stick of butter around the edge of the cavity when it's heating up so nothing sticks and that works pretty well with a minimal amount of butter. Also, I used the second cavity fairly successfully to cook a breakfast sausage at the same time, but it doesn't get browned soon enough so I still cook my sausage in a pan.

Maxboost SLIM Samsung Galaxy S4 Case / Samsung Galaxy S IV Case / I9500 Premium Protective Hard Case Cover - Matte Black Rubberized, Fits Any Version for Galaxy S4 S 4 SIV S IV I9500 includes Models for AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile, International Unlocked
Offered by power-innovation
Price: $5.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Meh, May 18, 2013
I want to give this thing a three-star rating but I did only paid four dollars for it, so whatever. There is a rubbery coating on this case but it is covering another, much slicker surface. The rubbery coating is flaking away and leaving the slicker surface exposed. So far, after about a week of usage, it is only happening in two smallish areas, so we'll see what happens.

Cimo Samsung Galaxy S4 Case [ULTRA SLIM] S Case Premium Flexible TPU Cover for Samsung Galaxy S IV S4 GS4 4 - Clear
Offered by Cimo Technologies
Price: $9.96
2 used & new from $6.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Galaxy S4, May 3, 2013
The case seems pretty nice. The microphone on the bottom of the phone isn't centered in the hole that's made for it, but oh well. The buttons for power and volume work pretty well. The only thing I don't like is that the clear part on the back clings to the phone and there appear to be air bubbles that I can't get rid of. I only dislike it because it doesn't look good.

Update: I also ordered the Maxboost SLIM Samsung Galaxy S4 Case and like it more. Despite my phone being white, I like the black case. This other case doesn't cover the top or bottom completely, but it's good enough; I like the feel much better. With this case (the clear one in the review), I was always grabbing my phone up-side-down because I couldn't tell which way was up.

Wireless Stereo Headset - Playstation 3
Wireless Stereo Headset - Playstation 3
Offered by Dynamic Distributor
Price: $109.99
55 used & new from $59.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Well On Windows 7, April 27, 2013
I couldn't find any reviews that specifically stated this so I'd like to say that these work very well on my Windows 7 Laptop. I plugged the USB dongle in, Windows automatically installed drivers, and within 2 minutes of opening the box I was listening to music. When my wife plugged the dongle into her Windows 8 laptop it worked within 10 seconds.

An added plus is that the microphone also works well. I can be a quiet talker at times but I just gave my mother a test call on Gmail through Google Voice and she said she could hear me pretty well.

One thing worth noting: when my wife was in the bathroom, maybe 30' from her laptop and around two corners, the audio stopped. I'm not sure what the range is rated for but for but I was hoping we could go anywhere within our ~800sqft apartment (the bathroom being almost as far from her laptop as possible).

Other Notes:
- On button/mute_microphone button is by applying pressure to the side of the headphones, which is interesting
- There is a volume slider and a slider for sound/voice (in game, with your teammates?) which I suppose doesn't apply to me
- The virtual surround has an on/off button which is nice since I'm hopefully saving battery by not using it
- They are comfortable, though the inward pressure on my ears was slightly unpleasant at first
- Compared to other wireless headphones, the price is good =)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4