Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon The Suffers Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS
Profile for B. Price > Reviews

Browse

B. Price's Profile

Customer Reviews: 39

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

B. Price RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
RFID Blocking Minimalist Wallet Flat Card Case By Alpine Swiss Brown
RFID Blocking Minimalist Wallet Flat Card Case By Alpine Swiss Brown
Offered by Alpine Swiss Store
Price: $24.99
2 used & new from $24.99

4.0 out of 5 stars but I am pretty sure I have been carrying it daily for at ..., November 14, 2015
I am not sure when exactly my wife got me this wallet, but I am pretty sure I have been carrying it daily for at least a year. I was prompted to leave a review because the threading is starting to come undone.

It has been good and I expect it to hold out a while still, but the end is in sight. When it gives out, I may get another, but it sure would be nice if I only have to buy one...

King Size Gold Classic Sateen Dobby Stripe Sheet Set
King Size Gold Classic Sateen Dobby Stripe Sheet Set
Offered by Crystal Trading Inc
Price: $69.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Not Gold, November 5, 2015
The sheets are much lighter than they look in the picture. More like a light goldenrod/dark yellow. That said, I still like them because they still matched another part of our comforter. Quality is nice, what you would expect for this price, and I'm not picky.

Brainerd 133077 Cirque Coat and Hat Hook, Satin Nickel
Brainerd 133077 Cirque Coat and Hat Hook, Satin Nickel
Price: $3.69
10 used & new from $3.69

2.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for, August 25, 2015
I know others have posted that this hook is extremely sturdy, but in my opinion it is rather flimsy. This is mostly due to the hook being attached to the base with a screw, rather than one solid piece. Additionally, at least with the hook I received, the hook is not firmly attached. Even though the screw is very tight, the hook still wiggles around on the base. I was also disappointed to find that no anchors came with the hook. Luckily I had some laying around, but yet another problem is that if the anchors are not flush with the wall, the base will not be flush either - the anchors get in the way preventing the base from laying against the wall. All in all a poor product. I will use it for now but will probably replace it with something higher quality in the future.

Dremel 562 Tile Cutting Bit
Dremel 562 Tile Cutting Bit
Price: Click here to see our price
77 used & new from $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for cutting through tile., June 21, 2015
Not sure how it'd do for a lot of work, but after ruining other bits I got this and it cut a hole in my tile for a pipe to go through and had no issues.

GreenWorks 25112 13 Amp 21-Inch Lawn Mower
GreenWorks 25112 13 Amp 21-Inch Lawn Mower
Price: $199.00
18 used & new from $164.16

4.0 out of 5 stars and the customer service has been great. My history so far, June 1, 2015
I have had nothing but problems since I bought it last fall, but I think I finally got this thing figured out, and the customer service has been great. My history so far, having mowed six times:

1. Mowed once in November after we bought our house because the grass wouldn't stop growing. I was hoping we could put off buying a mower until the spring.
2. Hit a stump the first time I mowed. The blade does not seem very sturdy, but I bought 2 replacements for $20 (not Greenworks brand) so it wasn't too bad.
3. Both plastic parts near the blade (fan, spacer) were destroyed while mowing. I ordered some extra parts with the replacements.
4. Same thing. Thankfully I ordered some extras.
5. Every time I plugged it into an outlet, it tripped the breaker. Support knew exactly what the problem was - it seems the rectifier goes out more often than it should - and they mailed one out for me to replace myself. It was pretty simple.
6. After replacing the rectifier, it worked great, except the safety mechanism near the handle was stuck on, so if the power was connected the blade was turning. NOT safe, so I took it in for warranty work.

I just got it back from warranty work and the guy said the mechanical part of the switch was stuck on. I could have taken the enclosure off and unstuck it, and will if it happens in the future. He also told me the metal piece above the plastic fan was installed backwards, which was almost certainly my fault and the problem during mowings #3 and #4.

Granted, I have not had a successful mowing, but Greenworks paid for the entire repair and it seems like I should be good from here on out, especially with the five year warranty. I will let you know if there are any other problems.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Be careful with this one. After seven months of ..., May 3, 2015
Be careful with this one. After seven months of use, we noticed a green ring on a black screen and various other distortions during normal viewing. My guess is that it is heat related, but there is no reason for it to be clogged with dust or anything and it looks clean inside as far as I can tell. I will plan to update this after I deal with Sony's warranty services.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 13, 2015 11:37 AM PDT

Plackers Mouth Guard Grind No More Dental Night Protector, 14 Count
Plackers Mouth Guard Grind No More Dental Night Protector, 14 Count
Price: $16.62
11 used & new from $16.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Unless you have weird teeth, one size should fit all., April 13, 2015
Update: Not sure how many nights I have used this, but it is at least 20+ and I'm pretty sure a single one will last me 50+ nights as a teeth clencher. I do not use it every night; mostly when I am feeling a bit stressed or some times if I wake up and find that I have been clenching. This should be my final review and I'm pretty happy.

=====first update=====

I wore one of these for maybe a week and did somewhat feel like it changed my bite, as somebody else mentioned. After wearing it, I had somewhat of a naturally tendency to not clench my teeth, like I used to. It has now probably been about a week without, and I am probably going to wear it again tonight so I do not clench my teeth. I may plan to wear it every other night or every few nights, depending on how things go. Also, for my teeth clenching problem, it seems like I could easily use a single guard for a month if not a year.

=====original=====

This review is after only using it one night, but to counter some other reviews I saw I would like to suggest that one size should fit all. I was fairly skeptical at first, especially after opening the package to see what they actually looked like, but it does seem fairly well designed.

I was expecting the guard to fully wrap around my upper or lower set of teeth, but these are designed so that the guard is a bit behind my canines. The positioning keeps my jaw slightly open and any of my teeth from touching each other, so I for one do not have to worry about my teeth clenching problem any more.

Some people claimed that it would not stay in position and I can only imagine that being the case if you were somehow chewing on it during your sleep, so they would likely have that problem with anything. Regardless of the size of your mouth, it should be a pretty tight fit between the outer wall of your mouth and your gums/teeth. If your mouth is smaller the bite guards are further back, and if it is larger they are closer to the front, but the function and tight/secure fit would seem to be the same for anybody.

If my thoughts on this change I will come back and update this, but I have been concerned about my teeth clenching problem while I sleep for a year or two now and I expect that I will be pretty happy with these. Unless your teeth are weird and would need a custom designed product regardless, this would probably also work for you.

Elite Screens 150" Diagonal DIY Series Indoor/Outdoor Wall Projection Screen
Elite Screens 150" Diagonal DIY Series Indoor/Outdoor Wall Projection Screen
Price: Click here to see our price

4.0 out of 5 stars After reading some reviews, I sent an email to ..., October 28, 2014
After reading some reviews, I sent an email to Elite Screens about this specific product on Amazon. Within ten minutes, a rep called me and told me that depending on the manufacturing date that the screen may come without the black border. He said that if a borderless screen arrived that I could contact them and they would replace the screen with a bordered screen.

Normally I would not review a product without purchasing it, but given the low ratings and Elite Screen's promise I am confident that I would give it at least four stars.

Bose SoundTouch 30 Wi-Fi Music System
Bose SoundTouch 30 Wi-Fi Music System
9 used & new from $299.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Good Even Without Airplay, November 16, 2013
==UPDATE==
After trying most Android applications that would potentially let me stream from my Android phone to the SoundTouch, I've found that it's possible but not currently feasible. After sending usage logs to a developer of two such applications, he concluded that the SoundTouch does not send the normal TransportState = "STOPPED" notice when a song finishes playing so auto-advancing in a playlist doesn't work like it should.

This seems like an easy fix on Bose's part that would broaden the SoundTouch's audience so hopefully they can release an update for that. For reference, the most promising application I've found and talked to the developer of is Cast To UPnP/DLNA for GMusic.
==========

As an Android/PC user, I was apprehensive about buying this Apple-biased system, but I'm hopeful to still use the SoundTouch as I'd like. I've never had a Bose product before and I'm not an audiophile so I can't rate the sound quality, but it does sound good to me and the 30 gets loud enough to be painful in our apartment's 24'x7' living room.

My main concern was about sources of audio and methods I can play music on the SoundTouch 30. I'll detail my observations below.
* Pandora
Very simple and quick, any station able to be set as a preset.
* Windows Media Player library
Fairly simple, any artist/playlist able to be set as a present, but needs work. If I create a new playlist in WMP or add more music, the SoundTouch application will not be updated with that information. To update it, I have to remove the WMP library, add it again and wait a few minutes for it to sync.
* Android - Local MP3s and Google Play Music
The best option I've found can only play one song at a time but I'm hoping Bose can release updated firmware that would allow for better Android utilization in this area. They didn't advertise this functionality, but it's so close to working that they should look into it. Please see my update above for more details.

Holstein Housewares HF-09010B Fun Omelet Maker - Black
Holstein Housewares HF-09010B Fun Omelet Maker - Black
Price: $21.46
6 used & new from $19.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid Four, June 5, 2013
I really want to return this, but it was decently cheap, it speeds up my morning a little and it does work. Hopefully these observations will help you make your decision:

On each side, you'll be lucky to fit a two-egg omelette if you add much to it. I just mix two eggs up with a little milk and it barely fits.

The eggs do come out very fluffy but I strongly prefer the taste I used to get when I just poured my eggs in a pan and flipped it when it was solid enough to flip.

Two notes: I run a stick of butter around the edge of the cavity when it's heating up so nothing sticks and that works pretty well with a minimal amount of butter. Also, I used the second cavity fairly successfully to cook a breakfast sausage at the same time, but it doesn't get browned soon enough so I still cook my sausage in a pan.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4