Profile for Destiny Zee > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 8

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Destiny Zee "gifted underachiever" RSS Feed (Rocky Mountains, Colorado)

Large Dual Wooden Foot Roller Massager: Reflexology / Acupressure
Large Dual Wooden Foot Roller Massager: Reflexology / Acupressure
Offered by Quality You Can Trust
Price: $29.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice product, but a bit mysterious., February 25, 2015
This massager feels heavenly on the soles of my feet after a long day. My only complaint is the instructions don't explain why one roller is different from the others, and whether it's supposed to be for my heels or my toes. (it has bigger nubs & is spaced farther apart than the other rollers.) The instructions don't mention this odd roller at all, and the illustrations that are part of the instructions only show the product standing on end (as pictured here) so it's impossible to tell which side is supposed to be top and which is bottom.

MAX Korokoro Keshikoro with Letter Opener SA-151RL/B Personal Information Protection Stamp
Offered by e-tuning japan
Price: $12.40
54 used & new from $5.63

5.0 out of 5 stars Good things DO come in small packages, February 25, 2015
I love this little gadget. The product was easy to figure out despite not knowing how to read the Japanese instructions. The ink roller covers private info better than my old method of using a Sharpie. The problem with using a Sharpie is the print underneath can often be seen if held in the right light at the right angle-- not so with MAX, because the pattern brilliantly garbles what's underneath. The letter opening slot works great and I prefer it over knife-like openers.

I wasn't surprised to find that it does not work so great on slick glossy surfaces. I tried it on a prescription bottle with a glossy label, and on the back of a shiny printed catalog. After the ink had dried completely I was able to easily rub it off and read what was underneath. Maybe someday they'll make an ink that can glide on with a roller AND be permanent on shiny surfaces. Until then, this product is fine for use on standard printer paper or stationery.

Exile Nation: The Plastic People
Exile Nation: The Plastic People
DVD
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Courageous & Heartbreaking, December 20, 2014
This illuminating documentary is gut wrenching in it's stark and honest revelations about what happens to people after deportation to Mexico. I was particularly shocked by the unfairness of sending people who grew up here in America to what is essentially a dangerous foreign land with absolutely no money or ID, where they have no friends or family, and might not even speak the language. I try to put myself in their place and it's too horrible to fathom. The current situation is bleak, but positive changes can be made, and this film should be mandatory viewing for every US lawmaker involved with immigration reform. Thank you to the people who literally risked their lives to bring this story to light.

PS In the last moment of the film there is mention of a foundation working to assist the "plastic people". (bavafoundation.org) I tried to visit the site to contribute, but as of today it has not yet been developed. (the domain is "parked".) I hope this is temporary and there are others who will carry on the important work of Chris and Cat Bava. The need is too great to ignore.

Caravan Sports Infinity Zero Gravity Chair, Blue
Caravan Sports Infinity Zero Gravity Chair, Blue
Price: $53.53
17 used & new from $44.52

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfort at a great price!, June 20, 2013
This chair is perfect for my needs- now I can put my feet up per doctor's orders! I tried searching for an outdoor lounge chair locally, but all of them were too bulky and heavy for me to lug home in my car- and the prices were 4 times higher than what this recliner cost.

Before I looked online I was worried the shipping costs would be too high, but with Amazon Prime the shipping was free! There was no assembly required! It was light enough for me to carry to my deck without assistance! It's comfortable AND affordable! I couldn't be happier.

Decalgirl Kindle Fire Skin -   Winter Sparkle (does not fit Kindle Fire HD)
Decalgirl Kindle Fire Skin - Winter Sparkle (does not fit Kindle Fire HD)

5.0 out of 5 stars Even Better Than I Hoped!!, March 29, 2012
I ordered this decal set the same day I ordered a Kindle Fire and a case to protect it. The case I chose is this one: Kindle Fire Genuine Leather Cover by Marware, Black

I knew I didn't want to put the main decal on the back of my Kindle (where it's designed to go) because it would be completely hidden by the case it was going to stay in. So instead of the normal use, I was hoping the main decal could go on the front of the *case* instead. Guess what?! it fit and adhered to the case PERFECTLY! The result is a protective case so stunningly beautiful, everybody who's seen it is admiring it. It stands out from every other plain electronic case around. And when you open the case, the front of the Kindle is enchantingly framed in the same design as the cover.

Normally I'm a clumsy doofus with decal placement--air bubbles drive me crazy, but they always seem to happen. With these decals though, placement was extremely easy. As other reviews have mentioned, the air bubbles are simple to get rid of by smoothing the air out with your finger. And even if you need to pull the whole thing up and start over, you can. I found this true when placing the framing decal on the Kindle itself as well as placing the large decal on the leather case cover. Once it's been in place awhile the decal is harder to pull off, which is a good thing. Nobody wants to forever be smoothing it down, hoping it will stay.

I love the Winter Sparkle design. LOVE LOVE LOVE it! The colors are so rich and vibrant-- pure eye candy! It has an appealing matte finish, and feels good to the touch.

I bought the Kindle Fire and accessories as a birthday gift for myself. Thanks to these decals, *every* day feels like my birthday. It always looks like I'm opening a perfectly wrapped present- who could ask for more?!

Get Back (Sum 41 Rock Remix) (Enhanced)
Get Back (Sum 41 Rock Remix) (Enhanced)
Offered by Speedy CD
Price: $13.99
35 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars censored = lame, February 25, 2011
I LOVE the explicit version of this song. I hate this "edited" version. I didn't realize this was an edited version when I bought it. The product info says "Sum 41 Rock Remix" and "Enhanced", but not "censored" or "clean version" or any other warning that this is the CRAP version. The silent spaces where the explicit words should be is distracting and it ruins the raw intensity the song originally had. It was a waste of money. If anyone knows where I can find an uncensored copy of this song, please contact me.

Russell Brand - Doing Life Live (PAL/Region 4)
Russell Brand - Doing Life Live (PAL/Region 4)
DVD ~ Russell Brand

5.0 out of 5 stars great show, wrong format for USA, May 29, 2009
Russell Brand is brilliantly hilarious. I've seen this show, and loved it. I was thrilled when I heard it was being released on dvd. But when I went to Amazon to order it, I saw that it is only available in the PAL/region 4 format. This format is incompatible with 98% of dvd players in America, mine included. So Russell, if you read this: if your American sales of this dvd are dismally bad, it's because of the format problem, and does NOT mean Yanks don't love you! We totally do! (or at least I do)
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 17, 2011 4:50 PM PDT

Conversations on the Edge of the Apocalypse: Contemplating the Future with Noam Chomsky, George Carlin, Deepak Chopra, Rupert Sheldrake, and Others
by David Jay Brown
Price: $19.61
77 used & new from $4.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Most interesting book I've read all year!, December 4, 2005
I was delighted to find such a diversity of brilliant people interviewed in one book. Many of the ideas expressed give me tremendous hope for the future, which is something I've needed lately. I can't believe somebody found this dull...but then again, I can't believe republicans continue to hold office either. If you are so firmly set in your beliefs that there's no room for any questions or varying perspective, this is not a good book choice for you- it will probably enrage you. But if on the other hand you don't automatically scoff at open minded or liberal perspectives, this book is well worth reading.