Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS
Profile for Robin Landry > Reviews

Browse

Robin Landry's Profile

Customer Reviews: 1040
Top Reviewer Ranking: 486

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Robin Landry "singer/songwriter" RSS Feed (Maple Valley, WA United States)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Oliver and Jumpy, Behind the Scenes: Author's biography, the development of the series, anecdotes, the characters, and more
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars enlightening, April 29, 2016
There is nothing better than getting a peek behind the scenes on what goes on in a favorite author's life. How he came to write the book, what gave him his ideas, what struggles did he go through? Where did he come up with the characters. Werner Stejskal gives us a glimpse into his life and more importantly, the life of Oliver and Jumpy, the main characters of the delightful childrens' series. Stejskal even answers questions at the back of the book which I found fascinating. Especially how Stejskal came to write his stories, what some of his favorite authors are, what advice was most beneficial, and how he writes in English when German is his mother tongue. Stejskal knows the importance of good illustrations, something he feels as been lost in our modern times, and how books should teach as well as entertain which makes them especially appealing to parents. I really enjoying learning more about Werner Stejskal after reading so many of his wonderful books.

Larvin Torria Half Frame Polarized Wayfarer Sunglasses Grey Lens
Larvin Torria Half Frame Polarized Wayfarer Sunglasses Grey Lens
Offered by Larvin Torria
Price: $30.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality for the price, April 26, 2016
Apparently this is the style all the kids are wearing, so if you want to keep up and not be caught wearing 'dad' sunglasses these Larvin Torria glasses are very nice. Actually, the wayfarer style as been around since I was young, and the sun was brighter, and dinosaurs walked the earth, so they might be considered 'old school-cool'. All kidding aside, these glasses have a metal frame, plastic lens that look like glass, and the ear pieces are rubber coated so they feel very comfortable and secure. The glass come in a stiff cardboard box, with the glasses in a micro-bag with a drawstring, and a thick micro-clothe inside(one of the thickest and nicest I've ever come across). The glasses also come with a miniature screwdriver kit that fits on a keyring, one side a straight edge, the other is a phillips head. For the low price of $25.00, you'll be styling, no need to spend hundreds on those name brands, when these glasses will do the trick.

The Invisible Garment: 30 Spiritual Principles that Weave the Fabric of Human Life
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I can't even say how much this book has enlightened me, April 26, 2016
If you think that astrology just doesn't work for you, and it never has fulfilled what I was looking for, this is truly something different. Or, rather, this book is not about the ego, but the soul. What does soul want? I always figured that it was our piece of the Creator, but what exactly did that mean? I've had half a dozen charts done, and never found much use for any of them, but after hearing Connie Kaplan speak on the Gaia channel, I finally found what I was looking for; my soul's purpose. And it was far different from anything I had ever heard or been told, after reading this book, I know understand way. We are not to become something in this school of life, we are to gift the material world with the spiritual gifts we came into our bodies already possessing.

The idea that we need to come here to 'learn' something, is somewhat ludicrous when you think about it. If we are holograms of our perfect Creator, then what do we have to learn and improve? With Connie Kaplan's book we can learn what gifts our soul came here to express. Apparently the world needs exactly what we have to give if we can only let go of societal expectations and follow our hearts to enjoy the life we were meant to live. What a relief to know that there is absolutely nothing wrong with us, but instead, everything right if we allow ourselves to live as our soul desires.

It's pretty amazing to think that my own soul's gift(6) is regeneration, a desire to nourish. I not only bring pets and plants home, but enjoy nothing more than bringing out the best in a shy pet, or a sick plant, and with children, well, let's just say I wouldn't be able to work in an orphanage because it would cease to exist when I adopted all the children.

Kaplan teaches that we only have to go with what our soul desires and the rest of our world will line up in a delightful way. How many times have you have things fall into your lap with no apparent effort, yet decided that either it was too easy, therefore of no worth, or that it didn't meet the expectation of society, that it might be beneath you, or too big a dream to live. I promise that studying this book will help you know yourself better at a soul level and therefore give you peace. I won't say or 'your money back' because it's not my book, but it really helped me and I'm going to be doing my loved ones charts with the easy to understand method that Kaplan provides. In fact, I'm going to buy her color book next and see how that helps smooth out my life.

How Good Riders Get Good: Daily Choices That Lead to Success in Any Equestrian Sport
Price: $11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Big picture view of the horse world, April 23, 2016
This book is a 'big picture' book about how to get good at riding. It's not about the details of riding so much as the ideas surrounding your ride, for instance, what kind of riding do you want to do? What kind of riding can you do? What are you circumstances? If you are committed to a husband, and young children, you can't expect to spend all day in a barn training for the Olympics. On the other hand, you can train for shows as a hobby, and after your kids leave home, keep going from there. Do you live near a barn? Or in the city? Do you want to show in the Hunter ring, but your horse knocks down the smallest of fences on a regular basis.

Denny Emerson covers everything from body-type, to available time to devote to your sport, to the kind of horses to buy--and sell when they can't do the job you want them for. This is the perfect book for someone who loves horse and is thinking about getting involved in the horse world, but doesn't know anything about it. This book can get you going in the right directions where your dreams match up(as much as possible with a horse) to reality.

Filled with the life stories of many famous, and very successful riders, including Emerson himself, you can see how the course of events lined up with these riders' success. This book might steer you away from the wrong horse-the wrong style of riding-and a gigantic waste of time and money. My dream was to be around horses and I stumbled across(literally across the street) a barn that did Hunter/Jumper style lessons. The woman who owns the barn is around my age(meaning older) so she understands where I'm coming from. As I look at the other types of riding, I find that I'm suited for this type of riding(it's more style than daring), both mentally and physically so it all has worked out perfectly. Reading this book has only cemented my views, especially after seeing the other types of riding and what is necessary to compete in them.

A fun read if you love horses.

Population Control: How Corporate Owners Are Killing Us
Population Control: How Corporate Owners Are Killing Us
by Jim Marrs
Edition: Audio CD
Price: $29.56
26 used & new from $23.37

5.0 out of 5 stars all the evidence you need . . ., April 22, 2016
Jim Marrs always does a thorough job in reaching his subject, and this book is no exception. From the militarization of our police force, a force that no longer serves and protects, but threatens and intimidates with the castoff, scary weaponry of the US military(use it or the military takes it back), to the poisoning of our food and medicine, to the poisoning of our minds, Marrs leaves no part of the war against humanity uncovered. There's a verse in the Bible that goes something like this, "those days will be shortened, less all of mankind perishes", never made sense to me in the seventies, it makes horrifying sense now.
I look at conspiracies this way, if clouds covered our skies 100% of the time, we would never see the moon, yet the evidence of the tides would lead us to believe that there was something big out there above us that was causing this action. The evidence says that the current generation will not live as long as their parents, this can only mean that our food is not as nutritious. Diabetes has never been so high, mass school shootings are on the rise, and our military has a greater suicide rate than any other segment of our population. I would have to conclude that we are not a contented society if we have such a dependence of mood-altering drugs(food included) both prescribed and illegal.
If you want to know why our society is decaying as such a fast rate, Jim Marrs lays it out for you, chapter by chapter, how we have been immersed in a culture of death that is slowly killing us. From losing our homes to banks, to food that doesn't have any nutrition, Marrs follows the obvious trail of a group now in power, who wishes to 'cull the herd'.
Even if you don't give credence to conspiracy theories, the evidence is all there. Something, is behind the ruining of our health, or society, while dumbing us down with drugs, a poor educational system, and mindlessly violent entertainment so that we don't 'look behind the curtain'. Marrs provides all the evidence you need to convince a complacent population that something is very wrong and we'd better wake up before it's too late.

Outrageous: The Victoria Woodhull Saga, Volume One: Rise to Riches
Outrageous: The Victoria Woodhull Saga, Volume One: Rise to Riches
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining and educational, April 15, 2016
Outrageous is the story of the first woman to run for president, the first to own a seat on the stock exchange, probably the richest woman in her own right to have earned her fortune from less than nothing--in fact I didn't know until I finished the book that Victoria was a real person. And had I not learned that she was real, I would have accused the author of creating a character that was too good to be true.

So, now that I know Victoria is real, I have to say that this book read like great fiction. The story of Victoria and her equally amazing sister Tennessee, is the story of courage, and tenacity. Both women come from the worse conditions a child can possibly grow up in. Raped by her father(Victoria was 9), and then put into prostitution to gain the family a living, Victoria uses her wits to make a life for herself, ending up supporting her parents, and sisters for the rest of her life. Victoria was psychic and had the help of her spirits throughout her life, in fact, she made a living giving psychic readings for others.

This book gives us insight into some very famous figures of the nineteenth century. Vanderbilt, Fredrick Douglas, Henry Beecher Stowe, Susan B. Anthony to name a few. I learned something of how the stock market works, and the women's suffrage movement. Victoria is sympathetic to women having rights since she considered government sanctioned marriage to be slavery for women, since men had all of the rights including counting their wives and children as property. But with Victoria, it was not just asking for rights, she was about earning them by playing the same games as the men, earning a fortune through the stock market. She started her own paper to have a voice, instead of demanding that she be heard. I loved the way Victoria took what was rightly hers instead of asking for it. It's a great lesson for women today and even more relevant. A must read for women of all ages, maybe especially the young.

INKUTEN (TM) Remanufactured Ink Cartridge Replacement for Epson 786XL T786XL (1 Black, 1 Cyan, 1 Magenta, 1 Yellow, 4-Pack)
Offered by INKUTEN
Price: $45.99
2 used & new from $45.99

5.0 out of 5 stars works for my Epson WF-4630 printer, April 14, 2016
These cartridges were not expensive, and worked perfectly as replacements for my Epson printer. I will be using them again when my printer runs out of ink again. Excellent product.

Sunny Health & Fitness Mini Stepper with Resistance Bands
Sunny Health & Fitness Mini Stepper with Resistance Bands
Price: $43.00
29 used & new from $43.00

5.0 out of 5 stars inexpensive way to work out, April 13, 2016
This is actually my second stair-stepper. I have the larger one on our boat for years and finally wore it out. I would go on it for a half hour at a time, when the recommended time was 15 minutes. After six years, the gave way. Now I'm happily using the smaller(and cheaper) version of the same piece of equipment. This one is smaller and lighter so it fits easily onto our boat. I take the handles off because I like to read a book while a stair-step, plus, my arms tire out pretty quickly when using the arm bands. It's a real work out. This machine can be adjusted as to how hard you want to work out. I like mine to be fairly stiff and so far, it can really get my heart pumping. I'd like a treadmill, but that's not something that will fit onto the boat very easily(or at all), so this works really well. It's portable, inexpensive and it works. As a runner, I can get pretty antsy after a couple of weeks of not stepping onto land, and this machine helps keep the peace on a boat that would never be big enough if I couldn't burn off some energy.
It counts steps, time, and calories, though I don't know how accurate it can be on the calorie count since it doesn't take in your weight. Never the less, it helps keep me in reasonable shape until I can get to land.

The Baytown Snatchings
The Baytown Snatchings
by Jake Corner
Price: $10.95
14 used & new from $10.90

5.0 out of 5 stars enjoyable, April 12, 2016
This review is from: The Baytown Snatchings (Paperback)
The Baytown Snatchings tells the story of life in a small southern town, Hendersonville, Alabama, after World War I, that witnesses a string of murders. The sheriff is a good-old boy who counts on the good graces local Klan to keep him, which means that looking into the murders in the mostly black section of town can be tricky. James Platt, the wayward son, comes home from Harlem after leaving home to join the army, finds that his hometown still suffers from the sharp line between the blacks and whites, even when it comes to finding a murderer.

Written by Jake Corner, an African American, this story gives a glimpse into what life is like for those on the poor, black side of town, where a lynching can still happen for no reason. I found the story as fascinating as it is horrible in its honesty. The characters have both their dark sides, and their good sides, with both black and white being a little of both(or a lot, or this wouldn't be a murder mystery). I was surprised by 'who-done-it', and felt that the story wrapped up nicely in the end. The character of James, the way-ward son who comes home to find his family, is well-drawn and believable. I can just see Denzel Washington playing him in a movie version of this wonderful story.

The author has a delightful way with words. "Don't let the alcohol bring your day to a bad end." The sheriff tells one of the Klan boys looking for trouble. Or the way Corner described the way southerners talk made it come alive in my mind. "Morning, Sarah," May McGee, in her leisurely southern drawl, said, each word a separate creation able to stand on its own."

This novel has a slow southern way about it that made it pleasure to read. Well-written, thoughtful, I really enjoyed Jake Corner's novel, which widened my world-view, as told through characters with depth, and believability.

iPhone 6/6s Plus 5.5" 3D Touch Compatible Premium 0.26mm 9H Anti-Scratch Tempered Glass Screen Protector
Offered by S&S Accessories
Price: $0.01
3 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly, April 8, 2016
This is my second glass cover for my phone, because the first one shattered like a windshield when I dropped my phone. I hadn't put the first one on my phone so I wasn't sure if I could do it as well as the salesman had done for me in the store. I followed the instructions, wiping my phone down with the alcohol wipe and then the micro-fiber cloth, and the glass went on perfectly. There were a couple of large bubbles at first, but they went away immediately when I pressed on the glass.

It's been nearly a week now and the glass is still perfect. I'm very happy with my purchase and more than glad to be protecting my phone again.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20