ARRAY(0x968c2690)

Top Reviewer Ranking: 282

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Robin Landry "singer/songwriter" RSS Feed (Seatac, WA United States)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Forging Zero (The Legend of ZERO)
Forging Zero (The Legend of ZERO)
Price: $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, April 14, 2014
Not since Ender's Game have I been so moved by a character in a SciFi novel. I don't read many books in this genre, but after reading some of the rave reviews I decided to give it a try. The reviews were spot-on and now I'm adding mine to the glowing pile of praise that Sara King so richly deserves.

The main character is a 14 year old boy named Joe Dobs. Earth just had its first meet-and-great with a conglomerate of aliens called Congress. This group rolls up to a planet and asks for the children between the ages of 5-12. Some of the humans try to fight back, like Joe's father, a former Marine, but everyone soon learns that resistance if futile.

Joe is too old to be drafted into the aliens' army, but when trying to rescue his younger brother, Joe is taken in his place. From there things go from bad to worse. The aliens treatment of their new recruits is worse than anything our own military could have dreamed up, yet Joe, named Zero because it was felt that he didn't even deserve a number, thrives in this hostile environment. He shows courage and determination, and suffers mightily for his friends, earning both the love, and hatred of his fellow inductees.

This novel made be science fiction and yes it is an alien world, but the emotions and motivations of both the humans and the aliens are very real. This novel is flawless. I'm amazed at how King doesn't miss a beat when it comes to making sense of an alien world. It's almost as if the author has really lived in the world she created because I can't even imagine how someone could have just made it up right down to the last detail.

I've downloaded the rest of the series because I just have to see what happens to Joe.

Never Before-Heard Answers from the Akashic Records - Angels, Divorce, Planets, Bees, Crystals (The Honest-to-God Series)
Price: $4.87

5.0 out of 5 stars Answers to haunting questions, April 8, 2014
As a reader of the akashic records, Aingeal Rose O'Grady gives answers to questions that a grouping interested group asks. The akashic records are the tape recording of all the thoughts and actions here on earth throughout time. A fascinating idea and how amazing that people can access them.

In this very short book, the author looks into the records to answer these kinds of questions. What are angels and arch angels? They are pure spirits from the source that are on assignment. Apparently we all have a guardian angel who stays with our whole life. Mine must be exhausted.

Can we ask our angels for things? The answer is yes, as long as it doesn't interfere with our life path. I guess it's not in my life path to win the lottery.

Is divorce allows? The answer is that a real marriage is about communication and the highest degree of love. If that's only happening for one of the party members, than its not a marriage and a divorce is only a formality.

We are the mind of God, little holograms of the whole pretending that we're separate. Or as Jesus once said, the kingdom of God is within, and hopefully we will all realize this and stop being whinny victims.

There are a lot more answers, given in a more serious tone than this reviewer. I love these books and I'm working my way through all of them, though I do wish they were all in one book.

The Tales of Tim Hurtletuta - New Beginnings
The Tales of Tim Hurtletuta - New Beginnings
Price: $2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars strange & wonderful, April 2, 2014
The Tales of Tim Hurtletuta,(what nationality that name might be is a mystery), is the story of a man looking back over his life. He's gained wisdom, so it's not a straight forward tale, but more one with the lessons already learned even as Tim remembers them. To me, this book is the Celestine Prophecy, mixed into a quirky tale of an English man who finds himself one day.

Self-discovery happens to Tim one day on his way to work at his drab office job. He suddenly wakes up from a many-years dream that started at the hands of a bully when Tim was fifteen. Because of the trauma that Tim experienced, he basically fell asleep and was very successful at life, yet he wasn't really living.

His grand adventure starts when he wakes up and finally realizes that he's been sleep-walking through life to avoid any more hurt. Once he wakes up, he quits his job and finds his life is at once synchronistic, and filled with adventure and happiness(with a few bumps in the road).

The part where Tim starts on his journey of discovery and starts growing unhappy with those around him that don't want to hear all of his new enlightened knowledge, was painful to read. Who hasn't wanted to share their knowledge of finding their way with all their friends and family? Whether it be religion, or a gnostic enlightenment, or just how to raise the perfect child, we're all guilty of preaching in one way or another. The author really brought it home for me.

This is certainly a quirky book and at times, it was too wordy. Maybe it was the happy parts. Happy books have a hard time keeping my interest, though the author did tell the story of a man who picked up Tim and his girlfriend hitch-hiking. Darby, was the man's name, his character had me completely enthralled. Matthew James Wilkins should give Darby his own story.

This is a nice story, and I'd recommend it for all the enlightenment that the author sprinkles in.

Dogwatching: Why dogs bark and other canine mysteries explained
Dogwatching: Why dogs bark and other canine mysteries explained
by Desmond Morris
117 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars short and sweet, April 1, 2014
I've had lots of experience with dogs, but this little books helped fill in the gaps that training and reading 'how-to' books left out. This book is about doggy behaviors, not training. Such as, 'why does a dog wag his tail?' You'd want to say, because he's happy to see me, but you'd be wrong. He's actually in a bit of turmoil between happy/stressed so his tails is wagging off the stress of whether to go or stay. Who would have thought?

Morris answers many of the perplexing questions that dog owners ask. Why do male dogs like their chest scratched? It simulates the mating ritual. I imagine this is why my female do likes her rump scratched, because her eyes do start to glaze over.

Why are some dogs so difficult to control? Because after winning many battles of control with their owners, they've become the alfa dog, which means they get to choose what happens in their lives. This also makes them over-protective of their owners, growling at ever other dog. If their owners were the alfa, the dog would let their owners protect themselves.

The idea of curing a hangover with the 'hair of the dog' comes from an early 18th century idea that putting hair on a dog bite would help heal the wound.

There are many short, easy chapters of answers to questions to dog behavior making this book an easy reference book, rather than a dense book on everything you ever wanted to know about your dog. This book will help you to understand your dog better and make your 'best friend' a lot easier to live with. Plus, it's really fun to read.

Predictions for 2013-2014
Predictions for 2013-2014
Price: $3.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I was expecting, March 30, 2014
Reading predictions for the year is great fun, this book is anything but. It's so serious, and so full of the author's politics, that I just couldn't stay interested. It reads more like one of those dense, political books written for other politicians, not for the normal pubic.

What I expected, was a month by month, or season by season, list of predictions. I'd heard John Hogue on Coast To Coast, and while he's pretty interesting, this book was just too hard to read. Honestly, I don't care what planet is in what house and what that will mean as far as oil prices, or the next war, because oil prices will always go higher, and the powers that be almost manage to talk us into another war(against terrorist or bring freedom or whatever).

John Hogue's writing was harder to understand that Nostradamus' and he wrote in French. I will confess that I only made it through half of this book. Too bad there's not an index at the end where it lines up the predictions. Guess I'll just have to wait for the next time John's on Coast To Coast to see if how many predictions he was correct on, because I only made it half way through the book.

X-Mini WE Micro Portable NFC Bluetooth Smartphone Capsule Speaker (Gun Metal) XAM17-GM-B
Price: $34.38
7 used & new from $34.38

5.0 out of 5 stars so cute(obviously a woman's review), March 30, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Being technically challenged with no desire to get any smarter about how things work, I was happy to see that this little speaker didn't come with any instruction manual. Oh, sure, there were some pictures with arrows pointing here and there, but I didn't need them.

You plug the ESB part into your computer, you put the smaller ESB-looking part into the speaker to charge it. There's a straight line that figured out meant on, a zero meant off, and a stylized looking B which I already knew stood for bluetooth. actually, looking at the pictures confused me, but I'd already figured everything out so I tossed them.

The only really difficult part, was tying the handy little handle on with a slip knot. Also, there's no volume knob, but I quickly learned that you turn it up and down with your phone(which I was using). I even managed to hook up the blue tooth on my phone by going into the settings on my iphone.

So how does it sound? Pretty darn good such a tiny device. Not as good as my accordion style Mini speaker, but for sitting around listening to music on my phone, this little speaker works great.

What I really like about this speaker is that I can just throw it into my purse and it's sturdy enough to survive. Headphones can become irritating after an hour or some, so I'm really happy to have a convenient alternative.

You can even wear this speaker around your wrist like some sort of edgy jewelry. Sweet little device.

Archon Invasion: The Rise, Fall and Return of the Nephilim (Volume 1)
Archon Invasion: The Rise, Fall and Return of the Nephilim (Volume 1)
by Rob Skiba
Price: $17.06
27 used & new from $13.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good researching, March 27, 2014
Rob Skiba is an excellent researcher and has connected a lot of dots on the subject of the Nephlim in the Bible. He's an unabashed Bible beleiver, though he does throw in some extra-Biblical texts like the Book of Enoch. Skiba makes his case well, and I have watched him on Youtube and he's a wonderful speaker.

Archon Invasion is written in an entertaining, yet fact-filled way that easy to read and understand. Skiba includes lots of photos and drawings which adds to understanding the book. There's no doubt that the man knows his subject, is an excellent speaker and is passionate about what he writes about. In fact, if you want a Biblical explanation for the Watchers talked about in Enoch, and the Sons of God who married the women of men, this is your book.

While I disagree with a few of Skiba's conclusions, I am impressed with his work, and will continue to read the books in this series. My disagreements with Skiba's work, is on the subject of Jehovah being all good, and the Nefilim being all-bad. There's no such thing in this world as far as I've seen so far.

The Kolbrin Bible tells the Eygptians side of the exodus story, and the book the Genius of the Few, tells the story of the 'god's' who created us. If Skiba rounded out his research to include these types of books, he's really have it all, but that doesn't take away from what he's done so far.

Here's an example of something I learned from this book, because of it's Biblical point of view. One of Noah's sons Kainam(Kain? I thought he was the bad guy?) Kainam grew up and went to to find himself a place to build a city. "and he found a writing which former (generations) had carved on the rock, and he read what was thereon, and he transcribed it and sinned owing to it; for it contained the teaching of the Watchers in accordance with which they used to observe the omens of the sun and moon and stars in heaven. And he wrote it down and said nothing regarding it; for he was afraid to speak to Noah about it lest he should be angry with him on account of it." Jubilees 8:1-5 page 198

Skiba shows that after the flood, anything having to do with the Watchers was forbidden. The story is that there were higher level beings whose job it was to watch over the developing Earthlings, but not to interfere. 200 of these Watchers decided to break the law and take wives, have children and then teach them things that the naive Earthlings weren't ready for because they hadn't matured yet. As Skiba explains, this breaking of the law had severe penalties which are talked about in the Book the Enoch, with the flood being just one of them.

If I'm fully grasping Skiba's ideas, he believes that 'in the days of Noah' mean that we'll have half-animals, and men again. He believes that we're full on into cloning and if we're told that we've cloned a sheep, then we've probably cloned a lot more.

"All the king's horses and all the king's men, couldn't put Humpty together again." This nursery rhyme always struck me as strange, unless you think of a world wide catastrophe hitting the Earth, and a king and his men and centaurs working together to put it back together.

Maybe Rob Skiba is really onto something.

Never Before-Heard Answers from the Akashic Records - Chemtrails, Drugs, EMFs, Entities, Healing, Paradise Earth, Pulsing, Suicide and Time (The Honest-to-God Series)
Price: $4.87

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent information, March 25, 2014
Aingeal Rose is someone who can read the Akashic Records, which is the memory of everything that has ever happened on Earth. Whatever the source, Aingeal gives answers at a on-line gathering, to some of the most vexing questions of our time.

One of the questions was what's the soul consequence for . . . using medical marijuana. Aingeal states that it dulls the brain and that we have the ability to produce our own painkillers in our brain without outside help.

Here's a question about chemtrails. The purpose of chemtrails is to weaken the immune system, a weapon of sorts to keep populations down.

Learn about aliens, headaches, and Time. Tim is not slowing down, it's desolving because we're moving into an energy field of timelessness.

Want to reprogram your brain to get rid of old, and useless habits, is by journaling. What this does is it makes you conscious of your habits so you can see if they're still serving you. Good advice.

This is a very short book, and I've seen Aingeal's session online. I might have to join in one sometime. Her information is very intriguing.

ExtraLife, Inc.
ExtraLife, Inc.
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars fun thriller, March 23, 2014
This review is from: ExtraLife, Inc. (Kindle Edition)
ExtraLife is an unusual thriller. Kfir Luzzatto sets his thriller in Israel, which is interesting because I don't think I've ever read a book by an Israeli. This makes the tone different, and the pace was slower, at least in the beginning of the book. Once the story got going, it was hard to put down.

Extralife is the story of a patent lawyer, Richard Lunz, being called by an eccentric couple, the Wolfsons who want him to draw up a patent for the cure to cancer. Richard meets with the couple and is immediately repulsed by the pushy wife, but is enthralled with the passive, genial doctor, Tamara's Wolfson's husband.

Richard agrees to draw up a patent for the couple and when the hospital tries to sue the doctor, Richard asks one of his lawyer friends to help out. All goes well, but the court scenes are a little slow.

I can't say more about the plot, but the tension does start to grow as Richard finds he can't let go of the question of Tamara Wolfson's true identity. All Richard knows is that she's not who she says she is. When Richard starts to investigate her past, he employs a linguist who says that there's an undertone to her speech that can't be identified, something he's never heard before and he's certain he can identify all of the accents that there are.

Things only get more interesting from then on as Richard chases down the clues as to who both of the Wolfsons really are and if David Wolfson really did find the cure for cancer.

The characters are good, with Richard being an ordinary man thrust into the role of Sherlock Holmes, something he's surprisingly qualified for. Richard's wife Sara is quite the character, leaving Richard to wonder if he's married to a strong woman, or just henpecked.

Luzzatto is a wonderful writer and I'm intrigued enough to look into his other books. I'm curious to see if they're as imaginative as ExtraLife.

7 For All Mankind Women's Slim Straight Leg Jean in Slim Illusion Dark Rich Blue, Illusion Dark Rich Blue, 28

5.0 out of 5 stars nice jeans, March 21, 2014
I love 7 jeans. These fit nice, true to size and are stretchy without being too thin. Of course on me that aren't the nice length as in the picture because I'm not model height(I refuse to say short), but I did get them hemmed. They wear really well and don't seem to be in any hurry to lose their nice dark, blue color.

They do come up a tiny bit higher on the waist than my Paige jeans, but all in all, I'm very satisfied with my purchase.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20