Profile for D. Modisette > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 9

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

D. Modisette RSS Feed

Klipsch RC-64 II Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker - Each (Cherry)
Klipsch RC-64 II Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker - Each (Cherry)
Offered by Vanns
Price: Click here to see our price
14 used & new from $899.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect center channel addition to the home theater., April 6, 2014
First lets just take a moment to recognize its beautiful; looks even better in the room, but the fidelity of the sound is really quite exceptional. I pulled out some movies that I knew had scenes where the dialogue was difficult to hear, and it came right through. The vocals tones of the actors dialogue is also very natural. Fantastic addition to any home entertainment system.

Bose SoundLink Mini Bluetooth Speaker
Bose SoundLink Mini Bluetooth Speaker
Price: $199.00
15 used & new from $199.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprising Sound from such a small box, April 6, 2014
It links to your computer, smart phone, etc by Bluetooth. Very easy to setup and has surprising sound for such a small box. As an audiophile and certified snob when it comes to acoustic fidelity, I can't say I recommend it for music, but on your computer or next to your bed its outstanding. Bose traded off a lot of the mid range to pump up the bass, but that was an understandable engineering trade off. Something had to give.

I use mine to listen to audio books in bed, for which it is very well suited and enhances the experience.

Corona Old Boy Gold Plate With Sandblast Briar Wood Pipe Lighter
Corona Old Boy Gold Plate With Sandblast Briar Wood Pipe Lighter
Offered by CT Power Tools
Price: $184.85
3 used & new from $184.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid Construction and Beautiful, April 6, 2014
This unit has very solid construction and becomes a conversation piece when you use it. Very attractive, and looks like it will last a life time if properly cared for.

If your wondering how it works, you flip the top up, which releases the butane, and then spin the wheel to light.

Hoover Max Extract 77 Multi-Surface Pro Carpet & Hard Floor Deep Cleaner, FH50240
Price: $199.99
45 used & new from $167.05

5.0 out of 5 stars Kryptonite to my dogs “special” part of the world, April 6, 2014
My dog does unspeakable things to a certain area of my carpet, while I am away. The scent draws her back, so I thought I was going to have to buy a new carpet for that room. Even my cleaning lady gave up trying to manage it.

I thought I would give this a try, and low and behold it works! My dog does not return to the area, and it is finally coming under control (recommend the pet cleaner fluid). The only bad thing is that your going to find out just how dirty your "clean" carpers really are. Easy to use and gets the job done.

Suggestions for use: 1) use hot water from the tap 2) vacuum very well or you will get particulate in the machine 3) wet it with the rinse very lightly, then use the cleaning fluid; let sit a few minutes, then rinse twice; if you don't rinse well the soap attracts dirt faster.

Klipsch RF-7 II Reference Series Flagship Floorstanding Speaker - Each (Black)
Klipsch RF-7 II Reference Series Flagship Floorstanding Speaker - Each (Black)
Offered by Vanns
Price: $1,389.00
17 used & new from $1,000.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Yah, they are the bomb. Enough said., March 27, 2014
I swapped out for Cherry, very beautiful furniture grade finish. As for the sound, Yah, they are the bomb. Enough said.

Update: I still love the speakers, but the wife may want to kill you. They are not exactly discrete. If you have to choose between these exceptional speakers and the wife, make sure you find a good divorce attorney.

Cisco CISCO1921/K9 C1921 Modular Router
Cisco CISCO1921/K9 C1921 Modular Router
Offered by Hit IT INC.
Price: $486.48
92 used & new from $320.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Hope your Cisco certified, January 4, 2014
If your like me and have a high comfort level with computers and networks, you probably have wanted to get a Cisco Business class router at some point. How hard can it be? If you think you are going to go to a Web GUI and just set it up, think again. I have no doubt it is fantastic hardware, but you actually have to get it to work at some point. The connection is through your computers serial port (the one they stopped putting on your computer 10 years ago, so you will have to buy a USB to Serial adapter) and the software wont work on anything but XP (no compatibility mode does not work). Cisco clearly does not believe in customer friendly products.

In short if you have a Cisco certified helper, go for it, I am sure you will love it, but if you don't, then get a refill on that antidepressant prescription before ordering.

UPDATE: I had a Cisco Certified tech come out to the office in order to get this unit working. It took him an afternoon with Cisco on the phone in order to get it working (Ouch on the bill!). Once it came online, Cisco disconnected access to the GUI before hanging up and the router even reached out to the two Cisco switches, that I could access prior, and locked out their GUI as well.

The network engineer described Cisco routers as a Ferrari locked in a garage they don't give you the keys to. I think that sums it up. Strong recommendation against. Will never buy another.

UPDATE 2: I am seeing some Cisco heads who are flaming me for not knowing how to use the product. I think that was in fact my point. The difficulty and learning curve is very high, even for people who are used to building their own computers and networking. However, this did give me an opportunity to add some additional info I have since learned.

My company is in the process of setting up a rack of servers at a co-location facility, and when I mentioned my experience with this router to the owner he just laughed and said that only idiots buy into the marketing of Cisco and that they were inferior products. He said that Cisco does this on purpose to make you dependent on them and their certified techs (which I suspect is who is doing the complaining here). He then took me around to other rack systems of all sizes and sophistication levels and NO ONE was using a Cisco router. The most common router was the Dell Sonic Wall NSA. I have since purchased a unit, for not much more than this Cisco, and it is soooooo much better! Learn from my mistake and don't buy the marketing name brand, buy what experienced people use: Sonic Wall. I set it up and had it online in nothing flat.

Update 3: After 4 months of using this item I have downgraded it to a 1 star. We have had all kinds of lag and bandwidth issues with it at the office (VOIP phone disconnects, sputtering, gotomeeting choppy) and given that we had no access, decided to get rid of it. I opted for an enterprise class sonicwall similar to what we use on our production server at the datacenter (setup was a breeze), and low and behold the problems went away. I had given it a higher rating figuring that the unit was still a Ferrari that was exceedingly difficult to configure and use, but it turns out it is dog poop as well. The only reason it has 1 star is that you cant give it a 0. Buy it if you like, the people complaining about my review will be happy to help you configure it, again and again and again ($$$). You've been warned.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 30, 2014 10:25 PM PDT

Frieling Polished Stainless French Press, 23-Ounce
Frieling Polished Stainless French Press, 23-Ounce
Offered by Quality deals for You
Price: $74.94
18 used & new from $73.09

5.0 out of 5 stars Wish I had found this years ago., December 1, 2013
I have broken 3 glass french presses over the years. Even tried a Pyrex one, which recently cracked. This one is beautiful, indestructible, and hold heat much better than the glass ones. I was surprised at how much hotter the coffee was. I HIGHLY recommend this product.

Heiden Battery Powered Dual Watch Winder in Burlwood
Heiden Battery Powered Dual Watch Winder in Burlwood
Offered by Cart Wheel Deals
Price: $159.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Seiko does not wind. Attractive case. Loud., November 6, 2013
They need to say that this does not work with Seiko. Pretty, but its prime function is useless for Seiko watches. Also it is very noisy.

Mongoose Men's Fireline Bicycle
Mongoose Men's Fireline Bicycle

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, January 30, 2010
The frame is of high quality and the graphics are very nice, but the good pretty much ends there. The packaging was so flimsy that it left the frame scarred and worn fresh out of the box. I wanted to do some customizing, but the bolts and nuts were torqued down so tight that a pneumatic impact wrench couldn't remove some of them. I had to cut them off with a dremel tool and buy replacements. The disc brake on the front wheel is so warped that no amount of adjustment will keep it from rubbing as the wheel turns, thus zapping your energy. Also it recommends tire pressure between 40-65 psi. That was quite a range, so I went with 50 psi. Within a few minutes, before I had even got on the bike the front tire tube blew. Also, the bolt to hold on the water bottle holder that it came with were not long enough to grab, so I had to replace it. The seat is garbage, plan on replacing it as well (the planet bike seat that is recommended by Amazon with this is Very Nice). Other than that its fine.