Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for D. Modisette > Reviews

Browse

D. Modisette's Profile

Customer Reviews: 12

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

D. Modisette RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
Mount Hagen Organic Freeze Dried Instant Coffee, 3.53-Ounce Jars (Pack of 6)
Mount Hagen Organic Freeze Dried Instant Coffee, 3.53-Ounce Jars (Pack of 6)
Offered by OxKom
Price: $50.49
28 used & new from $49.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I almost hate to give this 5 stars, May 28, 2016
I almost hate to give this 5 stars,because I don't really want too many people finding out how good this is, but Mount Hagen deserves the success. So enjoy.

VacMaster VP215 Chamber Vacuum Sealer
VacMaster VP215 Chamber Vacuum Sealer
Offered by Cooking Depot
Price: $814.95
10 used & new from $692.71

5.0 out of 5 stars This product is solid, June 12, 2015
This product is solid. I had a FoodSaver for years and got tired of the really expensive bags. If you are going to bag in any real quantity the VacMaster will be cheaper in the long run, and is a superior unit. This thing is a tank, weighing in at 85 lbs. Highly recommend to someone who wants to store a lot and have a good seal that lasts.

FAVI FE-KR26-BL Mini 2.4GHz Wireless Keyboard Air Mouse with 3D Gaming Support (Black)

2.0 out of 5 stars Good idea Bad build quality, March 8, 2015
Great concept for a HTPC mouse but the build quality is crappy. Recharger didnt want to fit into its socket and it died after only 10 days. Avoid.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 18, 2015 11:22 AM PDT

Klipsch RC-64 II Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker - Each (Cherry)
Klipsch RC-64 II Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker - Each (Cherry)
Offered by AudioSurplus
Price: $1,089.73
8 used & new from $1,089.73

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect center channel addition to the home theater., April 6, 2014
First lets just take a moment to recognize its beautiful; looks even better in the room, but the fidelity of the sound is really quite exceptional. I pulled out some movies that I knew had scenes where the dialogue was difficult to hear, and it came right through. The vocals tones of the actors dialogue is also very natural. Fantastic addition to any home entertainment system.

Bose SoundLink Mini Bluetooth Speaker (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Bose SoundLink Mini Bluetooth Speaker (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by Wizard-Electroland

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprising Sound from such a small box, April 6, 2014
It links to your computer, smart phone, etc by Bluetooth. Very easy to setup and has surprising sound for such a small box. As an audiophile and certified snob when it comes to acoustic fidelity, I can't say I recommend it for music, but on your computer or next to your bed its outstanding. Bose traded off a lot of the mid range to pump up the bass, but that was an understandable engineering trade off. Something had to give.

I use mine to listen to audio books in bed, for which it is very well suited and enhances the experience.

Corona Old Boy Gold Plate With Sandblast Briar Wood Pipe Lighter by IM Corona
Corona Old Boy Gold Plate With Sandblast Briar Wood Pipe Lighter by IM Corona
Offered by MeJay Global
Price: $164.95
4 used & new from $164.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid Construction and Beautiful, April 6, 2014
This unit has very solid construction and becomes a conversation piece when you use it. Very attractive, and looks like it will last a life time if properly cared for.

If your wondering how it works, you flip the top up, which releases the butane, and then spin the wheel to light.

Hoover Max Extract 77 Multi-Surface Pro Carpet & Hard Floor Deep Cleaner, FH50240
Price: $159.99
28 used & new from $91.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Kryptonite to my dogs “special” part of the world, April 6, 2014
My dog does unspeakable things to a certain area of my carpet, while I am away. The scent draws her back, so I thought I was going to have to buy a new carpet for that room. Even my cleaning lady gave up trying to manage it.

I thought I would give this a try, and low and behold it works! My dog does not return to the area, and it is finally coming under control (recommend the pet cleaner fluid). The only bad thing is that your going to find out just how dirty your "clean" carpers really are. Easy to use and gets the job done.

Suggestions for use: 1) use hot water from the tap 2) vacuum very well or you will get particulate in the machine 3) wet it with the rinse very lightly, then use the cleaning fluid; let sit a few minutes, then rinse twice; if you don't rinse well the soap attracts dirt faster.

Klipsch RF-7 II Reference Series Flagship Floorstanding Speaker - Each (Black)
Klipsch RF-7 II Reference Series Flagship Floorstanding Speaker - Each (Black)
Offered by Sound Distributors. Authorized Dealer
Price: $1,599.00
18 used & new from $1,196.40

5.0 out of 5 stars Yah, they are the bomb. Enough said., March 27, 2014
I swapped out for Cherry, very beautiful furniture grade finish. As for the sound, Yah, they are the bomb. Enough said.

Update: I still love the speakers, but the wife may want to kill you. They are not exactly discrete. If you have to choose between these exceptional speakers and the wife, make sure you find a good divorce attorney.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 12, 2016 6:21 AM PDT

Cisco CISCO1921/K9 C1921 Modular Router
Cisco CISCO1921/K9 C1921 Modular Router
Offered by EasyNetworkUS
Price: $438.05
90 used & new from $195.92

1.0 out of 5 stars Hope your Cisco certified, January 4, 2014
If your like me and have a high comfort level with computers and networks, you probably have wanted to get a Cisco Business class router at some point. How hard can it be? If you think you are going to go to a Web GUI and just set it up, think again. I have no doubt it is fantastic hardware, but you actually have to get it to work at some point. The connection is through your computers serial port (the one they stopped putting on your computer 10 years ago, so you will have to buy a USB to Serial adapter) and the software wont work on anything but XP (no compatibility mode does not work). Cisco clearly does not believe in customer friendly products.

In short if you have a Cisco certified helper, go for it, I am sure you will love it, but if you don't, then get a refill on that antidepressant prescription before ordering.

UPDATE: I had a Cisco Certified tech come out to the office in order to get this unit working. It took him an afternoon with Cisco on the phone in order to get it working (Ouch on the bill!). Once it came online, Cisco disconnected access to the GUI before hanging up and the router even reached out to the two Cisco switches, that I could access prior, and locked out their GUI as well.

The network engineer described Cisco routers as a Ferrari locked in a garage they don't give you the keys to. I think that sums it up. Strong recommendation against. Will never buy another.

UPDATE 2: I am seeing some Cisco heads who are flaming me for not knowing how to use the product. I think that was in fact my point. The difficulty and learning curve is very high, even for people who are used to building their own computers and networking. However, this did give me an opportunity to add some additional info I have since learned.

My company is in the process of setting up a rack of servers at a co-location facility, and when I mentioned my experience with this router to the owner he just laughed and said that only idiots buy into the marketing of Cisco and that they were inferior products. He said that Cisco does this on purpose to make you dependent on them and their certified techs (which I suspect is who is doing the complaining here). He then took me around to other rack systems of all sizes and sophistication levels and NO ONE was using a Cisco router. The most common router was the Dell Sonic Wall NSA. I have since purchased a unit, for not much more than this Cisco, and it is soooooo much better! Learn from my mistake and don't buy the marketing name brand, buy what experienced people use: Sonic Wall. I set it up and had it online in nothing flat.

Update 3: After 4 months of using this item I have downgraded it to a 1 star. We have had all kinds of lag and bandwidth issues with it at the office (VOIP phone disconnects, sputtering, gotomeeting choppy) and given that we had no access, decided to get rid of it. I opted for an enterprise class sonicwall similar to what we use on our production server at the datacenter (setup was a breeze), and low and behold the problems went away. I had given it a higher rating figuring that the unit was still a Ferrari that was exceedingly difficult to configure and use, but it turns out it is dog poop as well. The only reason it has 1 star is that you cant give it a 0. Buy it if you like, the people complaining about my review will be happy to help you configure it, again and again and again ($$$). You've been warned.
Comment Comments (16) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 11, 2016 6:09 AM PDT

Frieling Polished 18/10 Stainless Steel French Press, 23-Ounce
Frieling Polished 18/10 Stainless Steel French Press, 23-Ounce
Offered by HGtrade
Price: $79.94
15 used & new from $51.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Wish I had found this years ago., December 1, 2013
I have broken 3 glass french presses over the years. Even tried a Pyrex one, which recently cracked. This one is beautiful, indestructible, and hold heat much better than the glass ones. I was surprised at how much hotter the coffee was. I HIGHLY recommend this product.

Page: 1 | 2