Profile for John N. SchŽar > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 885

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

John N. SchŽar "cxxi121" RSS Feed (Roanoke, Virginia United States)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
MulchLock HG-16000 1 Count Mulch-Lock, 1.5-Gallon
MulchLock HG-16000 1 Count Mulch-Lock, 1.5-Gallon
Price: $24.97
8 used & new from $22.07

5.0 out of 5 stars Long Lasting Mulch Protector that Really Works Well, December 19, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
For years I have enriched my lawn and inadvertently the lawn of my neighbors. Wind blows mulch and it usually blows the mulch into places other than the intended 'my' lawn. Not with MulchLock. Honestly, I was a huge skeptic and could not believe what I read, but by golly, this material works and works far better than I expected.

I blew the leaves and other trash off the yard, put down about 2" to 3" of black mulch on top. I took my powerhouse blower and tried to rid the yard of mulch. The blower had no problems of removing the untreated mulch. Replace the blown away mulch and hook up the easy to set up MulchLock and spray as directed. I left it alone until the next morning and checked the area to see if it could be blown away and it could not. I held the blower head in one position (out of the way and inconspicuous) to force the mulch to move and finally it moved an area of about 6"X6" but the normally blown area was firm and packed. Around noon it began raining. Surely, the mulch would wash away. Nope. It just got firmer in place. I have blown the remaining leaves two times since then and the mulch looks great. Of all the yard products we buy in a year or longer, this is unique and effective. Come spring I will be checking for having to reapply or re-mulch and then re-applying.

Ziploc Storage Bags Gallon 40 ct (Pack Of 3)
Ziploc Storage Bags Gallon 40 ct (Pack Of 3)
Price: $11.94
3 used & new from $11.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Notch Bags at a Fair Price, December 19, 2014
We place great care in selecting products that work well and are not subject to failure. Ziploc, in general, and their gallon bags fulfill that objective. When I need a bag that will not leak nor fall apart, I look for a Ziploc. The modest difference in price between this and cheaper store brands is well worth it. I still recall my pappy saying 'it does not cost a lot to go first class.' These bags are First Class.

Nature Made Adult Chewable D 1,000 I.U. Tablets, Grape, 120 Count
Nature Made Adult Chewable D 1,000 I.U. Tablets, Grape, 120 Count
Price: $6.89
3 used & new from $6.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Sure has Helped, So Far, December 19, 2014
Our PCP said take at least 1,000 I.U. of Vitamin D3 ( I could not get the subscript 3 to work. ) And I did. One important element is the combination of this and a few other supplements have added the beginnings of pain-free knees. If it works beyond a few weeks, I will return here and rant and rave about how wonderful the Ds are. Skeptic? You bet. It has been a long, painful journey. No combination of prescription injections or otherwise has helped significantly. Regardless, the words added to the product information charts support using D for general health considerations.

OXO Good Grips All-in-Reach Shower Shelf
OXO Good Grips All-in-Reach Shower Shelf
Price: $34.99
2 used & new from $34.99

5.0 out of 5 stars At Last: Pure Perfection and Utility, December 19, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I am still delighted at the functionality of this shower shelf by OXO. First, I am a stick in the mud OXO fan and have had a difficult time in finding products by them that are less than top quality. This shelf arrived in perfect shape; however, I can see how its wire frame could easily bend. No bends, not breaks nothing but out-of-the-box perfection and above all, utility. It holds real quart-sized bottles and small items as well. No more reaching for a razor or other shower tool. Each is right there waiting to be used and at a reasonable distance away. The 2 suction cups add integrity to the unit so that it is not slipping and sliding around the shower walls.

Tone's Chopped Chives - 1.12oz shaker
Tone's Chopped Chives - 1.12oz shaker
Offered by D&J Shopping Connection
Price: $9.69
8 used & new from $4.13

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellance for a Quality Price., December 14, 2014
Tone's has been a near the top spice seller for our household. Our first purchases were in the early '90s (No, 1990s; not 1890s) and we have had successful luck with some of the finest meals folks could eat. We used chopped chives 3 days ago for mashed potatoes, garlic cloves, chives, buttermilk among other goodies. We put only sufficient chives to offer a slight taste and nothing overpowering. These are really good quality spices at reasonable prices.

Chemical Guys - JetSeal Anti-Corrosion Sealant and Paint Protectant (16 oz)
Chemical Guys - JetSeal Anti-Corrosion Sealant and Paint Protectant (16 oz)
Price: $33.11
5 used & new from $33.11

5.0 out of 5 stars Have Not Found Any Better!, December 14, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Really great stuff. That says it all; however, let's look deeper into these Chemical Guys. Call it coincidental or what; but, the day I ordered this product, some wonderful (he said with a tongue in cheek) found the time and patience to put a 12 foot scratch on the passenger's side of the front fender to the rear quarter panel. I looked for the not I was sure he or she left; however, none was attached. It was a windy day, so it must have been blown away.

JetSeal arrived 2 days later and between freezing temperatures (50ļ in the garage) outside and lots of rain, I put off the fix until yesterday. I cut several squares of old T-shirts and began to apply a modest amount of elbow grease and I was utterly impressed with the disappearing line of scratch and the ease of application and removal. If it were not for the shine of the 5" to 6" line of fresh sealant and protectant, I would not have recognized the place where the scratch took place. Now, I will wait until the weather is more tolerant of sealing and entire SUV. In case it was not apparant, JetSeal is fantastic and I expect to use this bottle in the spring.

Good Sense Naproxen Sodium Caplets, 220 mg, 400 Count
Good Sense Naproxen Sodium Caplets, 220 mg, 400 Count
Price: $14.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Reduced Pain in the Knees, December 11, 2014
Store brands offer me a valuable discount on medications that matter when they are similar or the same. Good Sense appears to be identical to the brand name and therefore I am using this package for my needs. So far the results are as comparable as I can imagine. Even though some medications have major caveat emptors, this for me is not one of them.

Despicable Me: Minion Rush
Despicable Me: Minion Rush
Price: $0.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Not my Cup of Bytes, December 11, 2014
This review is from: Despicable Me: Minion Rush (App)
I downloaded this for Kindle and after several slow starts and, mainly, my impatience, I removed it from memory and do not use it.

McCormick Thyme Leaves, 6-Ounce Unit
McCormick Thyme Leaves, 6-Ounce Unit
Price: $8.31

5.0 out of 5 stars We Love McCormicks, December 11, 2014
Our first choice of spices is McCormick and the reason is simple. It is a terrific spice delivered to customers who enjoy quality products time after time. A few days ago a friend stopped by and asked if he could 'borrow' some oregano. I pointed her to the cabinet, she opened the door and was consumed by the astounding aroma attacking her olfactories. Her comment was normal and honest. McCormick is fantastic on purpose.

Fiskars 12 Inch TerraTray, Pepperstone (51612)
Fiskars 12 Inch TerraTray, Pepperstone (51612)
Price: $4.96
10 used & new from $1.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Notch and Fiskars, Too, December 11, 2014
Based on its price, the Fiskars 12" Tray for plants did not sound as if it would be well made or possessing the ability to withstand watering and sitting. Had I looked at the brand name first, I would have realized this is another of a fine line of quality household products that I have used outside for years and it is well worth the price. Best of all, it works well and blends in with the neutral color.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20