Profile for nelhig > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 11

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

nelhig RSS Feed (Paonia, CO USA)

Page: 1 | 2
No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleasantly surprised!, November 13, 2012
I ordered this sweet, linen shade on a gamble it would work for a great pottery lamp I found at a thrift store (sans shade). There wasn't much info, so to help matters, it's a soft green, linen covered, paper backed shade (not plastic). The light cast through shade is warm, not cool like I thought the green would cast. It's 7"H X 6 5/8" across top and 10" across bottom. Shade attaches by unscrewing bulb and placing shade bracket on top of socket and screwing back in the bulb. Thought about putting a small amount of glue to keep shade from turning in place, but don't think it's necessary. Can't beat this price!

Samsung M575 Prepaid Phone (payLo by Virgin Mobile)
Samsung M575 Prepaid Phone (payLo by Virgin Mobile)

4.0 out of 5 stars clunky and takes some getting used to, but content overall, November 1, 2012
I desperately wanted to leave Verizon because I felt for the $, they are a rip off. I wanted to switch to a basic prepaid plan which I felt would be far more economical. Virgin Mobile has what I was looking for w/the 1500 minutes and 1500 texts plan for $32.67 (incl tax). Service is good for the most part, but always advisable to check with people who already have Sprint in your area to make sure. I find when the VM map says "good", it could be marginal.

This Samsung M575 phone is truly one of the best of the basic phones I found from all the cell phone companies combined. They're all pushing smart phones which I just don't need. I've had the M575 for a month and it has taken some getting used to. It feels stout and durable though, not a cheap feel, esp with a thin case. My voice sounds just a bit tinnier to others, but from my end, I hear everyone well, esp on speaker which works great. Screen is a nice size for this type of phone. Once I got used to where and what the keys do, even highlighting some with a red marker to remind myself, texting has been fine. The text type is small though, and for the visually impaired that could be a problem. The keys are also a bit flat and take more finger pressure than nail pressure at times. Shortcuts are good once I figured out where they are. My biggest complaint is when I get a new text message, I can't scroll back to previous texts from that sender. I have to get out of that text and go to "messaging" to see what the past texts said. Battery life seems adequate, though once the phone hits 2 bars, it goes down fast. Recharging seems quick enough. I like the selection of ringtones. Camera is ok, but no zooming in. Don't buy this phone for the camera.

If you want a basic phone that works reasonably well on a prepaid plan and is affordable, then I recommend going with this phone and VM. I'll save $25 a month having switched from Verizon, and I get triple the minutes and texts. That to me is well worth going with this phone and VM!

Honey-Can-Do SHO-01599 Bamboo 3-Tier Shoe Shelf
Honey-Can-Do SHO-01599 Bamboo 3-Tier Shoe Shelf
Price: $28.99
40 used & new from $26.09

4.0 out of 5 stars always a fan of bamboo, August 29, 2012
Arrived with everything needed to assemble and is intact. It will do the job. Bamboo is nice. Lightweight. Make sure to look at the photo on the box before assembling, NOT the diagram. This unit really only fits 9 pairs of shoes, unless you have a household of tiny feet.

Signature Sorrento  9-Inch 90-Ounce Medium  Mixing Bowl, Chocolate Brown
Signature Sorrento 9-Inch 90-Ounce Medium Mixing Bowl, Chocolate Brown
Offered by Wayfair
Price: $20.99

2.0 out of 5 stars great customer service, lousy shipping, October 19, 2011
Bowl arrived in a huge box wrapped in one layer of bubble wrap, placed on the bottom of the box with approx. 8 yds. of butcher paper on top. Bowl had no cushioning beneath it and arrived in pieces. Amazed at lack of quality control at shipping dept, since I received another order yesterday that was also broken. With both incidents though, Amazon provided top notch customer service and was very attentive. I received an over-night replacement on my other order, and with this bowl, a refund. I didn't want to go through the hassle again since this bowl was shipped via USPS and I had to go pick it up. Bowl is the very shinny glaze and is a lot darker than photo shows, dark chocolate, all one color, and does not have a pinkish hue inside the bowl like picture shows. I'm not impressed with this bowl. It's made with the cheap white porcelain which I don't like.

Fujifilm Finepix S200EXR 12MP Super CCD Digital Camera with 14.3x Optical Triple Image Stabilized Zoom and 2.7 inch LCD
Offered by Musical Dreams
Price: $389.00
5 used & new from $190.00

1.0 out of 5 stars camera died just short of 2 yrs., August 19, 2011
I've loved this camera for the most part for close to two years now, though on the con side, the macro isn't great and the exposure and focus won't cooperate in low light. Now, my Fujifilm s200exr camera won't turn "on". For about two months, I had to turn it "on", "off" and then "on" again to get it to turn "on", but just dealt with this quirk. Unfortunately, it finally just died and I did purchase a new lithium battery to no avail in order to make sure it wasn't the battery. I called Fujifilm and it'll cost between $75 - $225 to fix. This is discouraging. So, beware of problems with the circuit board with this camera down the road. Two years is not very long to own a camera that cost close to $500.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 15, 2014 9:15 PM PDT

VIZIO M370NV 37-Inch 1080p LED LCD HDTV with Razor LED Backlighting, Black (2010 Model)
2 used & new from $275.00

5.0 out of 5 stars the short version, November 2, 2010
There are already some excellent, lengthier reviews here that are very helpful with set-up for this hdtv. So, here's a simple version - an excellent tv for the price, LED is the bomb(uses 50W - 60W) with proper settings, beneficial for off-grid solar systems, composite hookup is just fine for dvds, hdtv for stream(Roku)is great, perfect size for our living room (doesn't dominate room), sound isn't bad though have supplemental sound system that compliments nicely, easy remote to navigate but there was a bit of a learning curve, handy turn off button located on side of tv for quick setting adjustments, only needs a quick push, good customer service for one setting I needed help with which I wasn't able to adjust initially, no problem getting a live person to help. Overall, very pleased with Vizio. Trust me, this has been a six month process going back and forth between hdtvs. Glad to finally see a 37" LED. Beautiful picture!

Sookie Stackhouse Dead Until Dark; Living Dead in Dallas; Club Dead; Dead to the World; Dead as a Doornail; Definitely Dead; All Together Dead
by Charlaine Harris
47 used & new from $12.46

1.0 out of 5 stars HBO Series so much better, July 4, 2010
I'm on the 7th book and can't seem to finish it. I almost stopped earlier with the second book, but since Season 2 of True Blood hadn't come out yet, I persevered. Now Season 2 is out and I'm almost through watching it. I'm so much more riveted with this HBO series of True Blood, which does deviate from the books a lot, than the books themselves.I found the books rather ho-hum, but the visuals and story line in the HBO series are great! A mild version of Quentin Tarantino. Acting is laughable at times, but I think that's all part of it. To me, the books just aren't worth reading.

Frigidaire : FRT18HS6JB Refrigerator
Frigidaire : FRT18HS6JB Refrigerator

5.0 out of 5 stars energy efficient refrig, April 29, 2010
Great energy efficient refrigerator! I live off-grid (solar) and researched long and hard for a conventional, energy efficient refrig. So far so good! I put a kilowatt meter on this refrig in April for a week and it used an average of 650W/day, 4.5kW/week, and that's with both dials set at normal if not a little colder. The black color is elegant, curved door handles feel nice and it's roomy inside. I purchased with no ice maker. Replaced 40W interior bulb with 25W bulb. Bulb is exposed, but haven't broken it yet. Only real compliant is the somewhat flimsy and smaller crisper drawers. Lots of shelving room on the inside of the door. It's not a whisper quiet refrig when running, average sounding, but not obnoxiously loud either. I'm pleased with this refrigerator!

High Sierra OverSteer Wheeled Pack
High Sierra OverSteer Wheeled Pack

1.0 out of 5 stars handle broke off after 8 mos., November 28, 2009
Great travel pack for my daughter, neat pink color, but handle just broke off after 8 mos. of light use. What a bummer! Pack is hardly dirty. Not sure how to fix it and no name or any other info on pack to contact fabricator. Seems like a waste! You'd be best to purchase two bar handle, not this uni-handle.

KOHLER K-2413-F41 Westmore 24-Inch Vanity, Westwood
KOHLER K-2413-F41 Westmore 24-Inch Vanity, Westwood

3.0 out of 5 stars handsome but not of high quality, October 11, 2008
I didn't unbox this item for a month or so after receiving it which was a mistake. One rear, expandable hinge was broken and the screws to it were missing. There are three scratches on the finish, one is a gouge that I have had to repair and can hopefully finish to match. This item also does not come with a sink top, so the add'l expense is that much more. I already had a sink top, the reason I ordered this cabinet. I also purchased this cabinet for $200 less than the now listed price of $588 which included shipping. I recommend finding something local if you can so you can return it more easily if there is any damage. The wood with this cabinet is just a veneer.

Page: 1 | 2