Profile for Iggy > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 9

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Iggy RSS Feed

LG Optimus S LS670 (Sprint) Silicone Skin Case, Black
LG Optimus S LS670 (Sprint) Silicone Skin Case, Black
Offered by Importer520 ( USA Seller )
Price: $2.46
14 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price, December 3, 2011
I only paid a few dollars for this item, so I would say it is definitely great for the price. The texture is good, and it fits the LG Optimus well. Very easy to put on the phone. However, I too have seen that my charger will not fit in properly when the case is on. I can plug it in, but within a few seconds it just pops right back out because of the silicone. I have 3 different micro usb chargers, and they all do this. It's not too big of a deal because the silicone is so flexible that I can just slide that end off of my phone when I want to charge up, but I will definitely be on the lookout for a cheap micro usb charger with a thinner end, since a previous reviewer said there are chargers out there that will fit.
Overall, I am very happy with this purchase. The price is right.

Bodum Stainless Steel 16-Ounce Vacuum Travel Mug with Purple Silicone Grip
Bodum Stainless Steel 16-Ounce Vacuum Travel Mug with Purple Silicone Grip
Offered by Closeout-Classics

2.0 out of 5 stars I was really hoping for better, August 1, 2011
When I first saw this travel mug, I just loved the way it looked and the promises is had. I had finally given up on my cheap travel mugs that always fall apart or just stop working after a while, or both. I had finally decided to spend some decent money on a decent travel mug.
I read a lot of the reviews, and while I knew they were mixed, I had to believe there was a reason why some people were giving it such applause.
Unfortunately when I got it, I was disappointed. The mug clearly is not leak proof. As another reviewer stated, it leaks through the little air vent it has, even though it has a little silicone plug that is supposed to stop it when the lid is in the closed position. On top of that, my coffee was cool in less than an hour, even if I didn't open it at all for that entire hour. The two features I was greatly hoping for were the two features that this mug failed to have. This mug seemed to work about as well as a WalMart special with at least twice the price tag. I contemplated requesting a replacement as another reviewer did, because that other reviewer said he did that and learned his first mug was defective, but I just thought how ridiculous it is that so many of these mugs seem to be defective. It wasn't worth it to me because I felt like I had a 50/50 chance of getting a defective one again, and I just didn't even want to go there. I returned the mug and followed another reviewer's advice to get the Thermos Stainless Steel King leak-proof travel mug. It's pretty awesome, and even a little cheaper than this mug through Amazon.

Buffy The Vampire Slayer CCG Unlimited Edition Pergamum Prophecy Starter Box
Buffy The Vampire Slayer CCG Unlimited Edition Pergamum Prophecy Starter Box
Offered by Georgetown Card Exchange, Inc.
Price: $35.00
4 used & new from $22.40

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun Game, July 5, 2011
I just recently started playing this game because I love the show, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, but never knew there was a card game until about a month ago. I think some reviews would have been really helpful to me before I made my purchase, so I thought I would leave one now.
This set comes with a total of 10 individually sealed decks, 5 Villian decks and 5 Hero decks. Each deck comes in its own box along with 1 playing board made out of paper. It should be noted that 2 playing boards are required for a 2 person game. Each deck also comes with a separately sealed package of basically 3 rare cards and a Personality and Essence card, which is basically the main character cards. Aside from this separately sealed package, each Villian deck is the same, and each Hero deck is the same. The reason you want to purchase this box set is because in Pergamum Prophecy, there are 4 main Hero characters and 4 main Villian characters available in the starter decks, and since each deck only has one character, having 5 of each is a pretty safe way to make sure you get all of the main characters.
The only reason I thought I would mention all that is because I am new to CCGs and did not know any of that before I made my purchase, so hopefully this helps explain the item to someone else as well.
I was successful in getting all the main characters in my box set. I really like that each deck comes with what they call the First Patrol. If you flip the game board over from only one of the deck boxes, it guides you through a staged first game so you get the hang of it. It is shortened, but helpful.
The game is really fun once you read the directions and get the hang of it. I would suggest to anyone who wants to play to also get a box of the Pergamum Prophecy booster packes, because it can be difficult to complete a game without some extra help from extra cards. There are challenges that are particularly difficult to complete without the proper Location cards as well as other Item and Skill cards.
All in all, though, this is a fun game and the price is pretty amazing in comparison to other CCGs. I personally didn't get mine off of Amazon because it was only available from other sellers at the time, so know that other places also offer the boxes for good prices. It is definitely worth a try for any Buffy Lover, and I believe the Pergamum Prophecy decks are a good place to start for anyone new to the game. I have certainly enjoyed it.

AEPA Middle School Mathematics 37, Arizona Teacher Certification
AEPA Middle School Mathematics 37, Arizona Teacher Certification
by Xamonline
Price: $51.89
43 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars It's okay., June 16, 2011
I like how the study guide is very well organized. It goes in order of the competencies that are tested on the exam, so you can be confident the study guide is aligned well. It basically walks you through some of the basic principles of each competency and how to solve some of the math problems. One thing that really bugs me is the frequent errors in grammar and spelling, and I think even one of the correct answers was actually incorrect. It looked like they had accidentally input the same answer for two problems right next to each other. Would be confusing for anyone who wasn't totally sure how to do the problem. It's an alright study guide though, it's just hard to think of paying so much for a study guide that doesn't seem to use an editer before publishing. Well worth the used price, though.

Black Rubberized Hard Case for LG Rumor Touch LN510 Phone, Sprint
Black Rubberized Hard Case for LG Rumor Touch LN510 Phone, Sprint

3.0 out of 5 stars Rubberized?, June 16, 2011
This phone cover in general meets my expectations, except for the fact that retailers are greatly stretching the word "rubberized." They really just mean that the black plastic has this coating on top that makes it easier to grip. It is still a pretty thing plastic with no rubber on it or bounce to it. Personally, when I think rubberized, I think of protection for my phone if/when I drop it. This would not really provide extra protection other than from scratches. It wouldn't really absorb any of the impact like I would expect actual rubber to do.
This cover is rather thin, so it doesn't make the phone too bulky. If you just want to protect your phone from scratches or maybe make it easier to grip, this will do the job. It fits the LG Rumor Touch well. It doesn't cover any ports, buttons, or lights, and the keyboard slides out with no problem.

Purple Cross Plaid Rubberized Snap on Hard Skin Shell Protector Cover Case for Lg Rumor Touch Ln510 + Belt Clip + in Blister Retail Package

3.0 out of 5 stars Typical case, low quality pattern, June 16, 2011
When I first saw this cover for my LG Rumor Touch, I loved the design. To me, it was very classy and professional for a cover that wasn't plain black or silver.
As with all common phone covers these days, "rubberized" is basically meaningless. Don't let that word fool you into thinking there is any small bit of rubber on this cover, or any others that say that. What they really mean is that it is a soft, sort of flat finish that is a little easier to grip than the smooth shiny finishes. It will not really allow the phone to absorb more impact from a fall than any plain plastic cover. Unfortunately, this finish is like a layer of paint that sits on top of a clear plastic cover in this case. I have had this cover on my phone for about two months and both the "rubberized" texture and the pattern have started to come off. It's not really like it's fading, but just chipping all along the edges of the top and sides of the cover. This bums me out because I liked the pattern for the look it gave my phone, and now it kind of looks trashy because it's all beat up.
Apart from cosmetics, this cover fits perfectly on the LG Rumor Touch. It does not hinder any ports, buttons, or lights. I do not even think it hinders the slide-out keyboard. It doesn't pop off, and I have dropped it once or twice a couples feet from the ground. It adds a little extra bulk, but I don't think it is any more than any other covers out there.
If you have a difficult time removing this cover, the trick is to slide the keyboard out a little bit and find where the cover hooks onto the back of each piece of the phone that it connects to. It is really easy to slide your finger nail or something else small under the two exposed 'hooks' when you slide the keyboard out, and from there the rest of the cover comes right off. If you do not intentionally unhook those exposed hooks, it can begin to feel like you are going to break the phone to take the cover off.

Belkin F5L001-BLK Laptop Cooling Pad (Black)
Belkin F5L001-BLK Laptop Cooling Pad (Black)
Price: $17.32
38 used & new from $8.89

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent laptop cooler for a decent price, June 13, 2011
I bought this while it was greatly on sale before Christmas, and I have to say I am glad. I definitely wouldn't pay full price for it, or even the current sale prices, but it is a decent laptop cooler. I like the rubber grips that keep my laptop from sliding off the cooling pad. The fan seems to do its job, although sometimes I get the feeling that it gets tired and slows down. I simply unplug it and plug it back in, and it seems to go faster afterward. I can tell that the fan starts to slow down because my laptop starts to get hot again. One thing I really dislike about this cooling pad is that as long as it is plugged in, it keeps running, even if the laptop hibernates. My last cooling pad would turn off when my laptop would hibernate. The main reason I dislike this feature is that there have a been a few times when I forgot it was plugged in (it is pretty quiet) and my laptop was not charging so the cooling pad actually caused my laptop to shut down due to low battery. Overall, though, I believe it does its job and I am glad I paid a decent price for it.

Split-Top Laptop Caddy Portable Adjustable Rollin
Split-Top Laptop Caddy Portable Adjustable Rollin

3.0 out of 5 stars Acceptable, January 13, 2011
This item is not perfect. Unfortunately, I do not believe it is worth the $50 that it cost, and it is most certainly not worth the list price. However, it is pretty much the cheapest price out there. First of all, the packaging was absolutely horrible. The box arrived with bulges and tears in it as if the product was going to burst out at any moment. Thankfully, no pieces appear damaged and all the parts were present. There was only one scratch on one of the metal legs, which I can deal with.
The item itself does not take too long to put together, and the instructions are relatively easy and wordless, using only picture. Just make sure you pay good attention to the pictures and the direction pieces in are facing in the pictures.
When the item is put together, it is a little wobbly. I have read that other reviewers say it is wobbly because the adjustable part of the table does not tighten all the way, but that has not been an issue for me. My laptop caddy is wobbly because the post that connects the table to the legs is not very sturdily attached. I have not worried about it falling over or anything (I am clumsy and have bumped into it several times already without wheels leaving the ground), but it does wobble a bit as you type, as I believe others have mentioned.
Another issue I have is that the fixed table next to the adjustable table is slanted - probably a design flaw. I had read about this issue in other reviews and thought that maybe it was one bad product, or maybe it was put together wrong. I don't believe this to be true not, I really believe it is a design flaw. Since the adjustable table can tilt both directions, it supports both left handed and right handed people. The slant in the fixed table would not be a problem for left handed people because, in the left handed position, the fixed table would tilt toward you. But using a mouse in the right handed position, the table tilts away from me. This tilt also makes me concerned that items might more easily fall off.
Overall, the item is okay. I find it very easy to adjust the table for different purposes, and it is a plus that the height is adjustable. Since it is the cheapest out there, it is okay for the price.

Angel: The Complete Series
Angel: The Complete Series
DVD ~ David Boreanaz
Offered by Cocodrilo Deals
Price: $80.49
40 used & new from $55.50

3.0 out of 5 stars Great show, not sure about the production of this set, December 14, 2010
This review is from: Angel: The Complete Series (DVD)
I bought this quite recently, although not from Amazon, and have since gone through all of the DVDs. I like to watch DVDs on my computer, and I came across a problem with one in season 5. My computer tells me "This disc is not formatted to play in this region." Now, I understand WMP has some problems with errors popping up about the region of the DVD, but I have selected it to play DVDs from Region 1, as it should be, and it just does not work. So what's up with that? I took a good look at my DVDs. I noticed, within season 5 at least, half of the discs are copyrighted 2004, and half of them are copyrighted 2008. It looks to me like they have mixed new DVDs with old ones. As a result, it also appears as though they may have mixed up the regions, considering one of them won't even work. Another issue I have: quite a few of my discs have minor scratches on them. Not too much to worry about since it appears as though all the other discs work fine, but I do not expect any scratches at all on a set of never-opened DVDs.
It is hard for me to give a low rating on this set, because the content itself is amazing. Angel was a great show, and it is one that I have watched over and over again dozens of times and I am still not sick of it. However, it bothers me that the Series has been re-released as brand new in 2010, and I have 6-year-old DVDs in my set, including one DVD that won't even play at all.

Let me restate: this review is not specifically about the show. This is my second-favorite show of all time next to Buffy, and I would give the series 5/5 stars. The characters are great, the plots are great, the dialogue is great. My rating of 3 stars is for the poor repackaging of the box set. I have since taken the set back to get a replacement. All the disks work in my new set, but they still appear to be a compilation of different years and there are still minor scratches on a few of the disks. Luckily, the scratches in this box have not caused playback issues, but it is still frustrating to see when someone thinks they are buying something new.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 16, 2011 9:32 PM PDT