Profile for Tina Rodie > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 36

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Tina Rodie RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
DecoArt DASK277 SoSoft Brights Sample Pack
DecoArt DASK277 SoSoft Brights Sample Pack
Price: $11.68

4.0 out of 5 stars So fun, July 26, 2011
I used these paints in a project for fathers day for my children. We painted a bed sheet with these and they look great not to mention they have held up amazing under several washings. There is not very much in each bottle so if you have a big project you may need more than one set.

Alterna Bamboo Shine Silk-Sleek Brilliance Cream for Unisex, 4.2 Ounce
Alterna Bamboo Shine Silk-Sleek Brilliance Cream for Unisex, 4.2 Ounce
Offered by Top Shelf Barber Supplies
Price: $16.25
39 used & new from $16.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Great item, July 26, 2011
I use this product daily and love it. The first time I used it I made the mistake of using too much product and my hair looked great but felt greasy and weighted. Once I scaled back on the amount of product I fell in love with it. I have medium thickness hair and am a stay at home mom, which often leads to days of washing and air drying my hair. Using this product helps my hair look better on the days when I wash and run. And if I style it that day, WOW. Everyone should give it a try.

The Kid
The Kid
by Sapphire
218 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't follow at all, July 9, 2011
This review is from: The Kid (Hardcover)
I would like to think that I am a pretty good judge of books. I read 5-6 a month and usually enjoy them all in one way or another. This is one of the few that I hated. I did read the whole thing because I didn't want to 'give up'. The book starts off after Abdul's mother dies and follows his life through the age of nineteen. The writing style was jumping between reality and Abdul's thoughts/dreams. Half of the time I had trouble discerning whether I was reading something that actually happened or something he was imagining. This could have worked if there was more thought to the transitions.

The worst part for me is that even though I can imagine young black boys are treated like this is the fact that there is no real resolution at the end. I was so happy it was over but I was so confused on what the ending even meant. I have read story-lines were I was happy to be able to imagine what I wanted the ending to mean. Not in this case. This was a horribly written book that I would NEVER recommend anyone to read. Instead of jumping to release this book, the author and publishers should have insisted on more discernible language. Pathetic.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 26, 2011 10:54 AM PDT

Glad Drawstring Odor Shield Tall Kitchen Bags, 13 Gallon, 40-Count Bags, (Pack of 6)
Offered by Jadeoo Shop
Price: $49.90
5 used & new from $40.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these awesome bags!, June 26, 2011
I LOVE these trash bags. I think they help the trash smelling nice longer. I haven't had any problems with any increase in smell when I use these bags but I try to avoid thowing anything that stinks in the trashcan indoors anyway. If I do throw smelly food/diapers away I immediately take the bag outside to the trash bin. I can't remember ever a time when I had a problem with the bags making a worse smell.

Dirt Devil Featherlite Bagged Upright Vacuum, M085590RED
Dirt Devil Featherlite Bagged Upright Vacuum, M085590RED
Price: $59.99
17 used & new from $48.38

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap/Waste of money, January 18, 2011
I bought this because I was looking to spend around $100 then I saw that this one for a fraction of that had better reviews. Don't fool yourself too. If you don't have the money to spend on something more expensive I can understand why you would buy this model but if you can spend more then do so.

Three weeks of thinking this was a decent machine and all the sudden it won't turn off. I had to unplug from the wall. Blessed Amazon sent me another one immediately. Ok. So I got a bad one the first time but surely this next one will be fine. WRONG. Within 1 week of receiving this one I started having more problems.

The bags on this rip frequently. As I am a mother of two toddlers I vacuum daily and we accumulate a fair amount of dirt/sand/crumbs. I had to replace the bags every two weeks or so because of rips.

If you accidentally run over ANYTHING you will immediately see problems. I accidentally got the edge of one of my floor length curtains and *SNAP* the belt broke. After I replaced the belt, the brush wasn't spinning. After going through 3 more belts (which was 2 trips to Target) I called the 1-800 number to Dirt Devil and I was able to take it to a repair center. Ha. Somehow I was putting the belts on wrong. Which still not sure how because I followed the manual but I will claim that mistake.

This one AGAIN won't shut off. I have to unplug it from the wall AGAIN. So annoying. This time I am not wasting my time. I am planning on getting a more expensive vacuum next week and these two will be set out on the curb.

It doesn't even pick up very well. You have to run over the same area multiple times to get it clean.

Disney Minnie Mouse "Shopping" Ceramic Breakfast Set - Bowl, plate, Mug
Disney Minnie Mouse "Shopping" Ceramic Breakfast Set - Bowl, plate, Mug

2.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't last long, November 9, 2010
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
This is my daughter's favorite toy so it was a hit. Just beware that it snaps together and doesn't hold up very well. I have to put it back together several times a week. We purchased this about 5 months ago and I am replacing it already. I have it held together with tape at this point. You would be better off getting the Little Tykes brand. They are a thicker plastic than the other kinds and with kids this age you need the stability.

WOW. Just noticed the price listed is $50 for this. PLEASE don't spend that kind of money on this. You can get better made ones and be so much happier!

Pampers Cruisers Dry Max Diapers, Size 4, 140 Count
Pampers Cruisers Dry Max Diapers, Size 4, 140 Count

1.0 out of 5 stars Expensive downgrade from previous style, September 18, 2010
I have been a very loyal Pampers customer for almost 3 years beginning with the swaddlers, which I fell in love with right away. The old style of pampers were far superior than any other diaper I ever tried. I never had a leak and they fit wonderfully. I also took my daughter all the way through the diaper years without one diaper rash, which I attribute to the way Pampers made their product. Then when my second child was about a year old I noticed his diapers were leaking EVERY time he peed while not standing up. If he was sitting or lying down, he would end up having to change clothes. I went through a week of washing his crib bedding every night before realizing what the problem was.

They completely removed the absorbent lining that ran from his bottom to the top of the rear of the diaper. In other words the only absorbent lining was right over the area of the diaper the urine immediately would hit, but if they pee fast or have a full bladder there won't be anything to catch the fluid once it passes that immediate area. Don't even get me started on when my son had an episode of watery stool. Needless to say that leaked through as well. So unless your child sleeps on his stomach, which is against all recommendations-aka back to sleep-then these diapers will wreck havoc on your cleaning routine. I had to steam clean my carpet because of these crappy diapers.

I switched immediately upon realizing the lining was gone to Fischer Price diapers and they are the next best ones that I have found. Plus they are significantly less expensive. I really hope the people at Pampers realize what a mistake they made on this one! I also switched to Huggies brand of diaper wipes because I was so upset with pampers. I was pleasantly surprised that the Huggies wipes are actually a hundred times easier to use.

Shirataki Noodles (Pack of 5)
Shirataki Noodles (Pack of 5)
Offered by ToysNGamesEtc
Price: $22.87
5 used & new from $11.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Healthy alternative-mixed taste review, June 4, 2010
I want to preface this review and say that if you want a really healthy alternative to pasta then you may want to try these. My husband really likes using these for a zero calorie option. I, on the other hand, will not eat them. They still have a fishy type taste and the texture is very different. No matter how we prepare them I can still taste the weirdness and would rather have the calories from real pasta. My husband has an easier time getting over the taste and taking them for what they are. For health nuts who can't or won't eat real pasta this would be a good product to try and see if its something that you enjoy.
Comment Comments (17) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 17, 2014 5:36 PM PST

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars What you would expect., June 4, 2010
These are the exact bags I was needing and they fit perfectly. They are for the really old style bag vacuum. If these are the ones you need then you should get them here! I paid $5 at a local vacuum shop for 2 so the value is totally worth it!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 16, 2012 12:24 AM PST

Wright Bumper Plates - 260 lb Set - Great Crossfit & Olympic Lifting
Wright Bumper Plates - 260 lb Set - Great Crossfit & Olympic Lifting
Offered by Serious Steel
Price: $530.00
4 used & new from $380.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Shipping is slow but GREAT product, June 4, 2010
The shipping was the only bad thing about this product. With the free shipping it's worth the wait (which was about 2 weeks for me). They arrived in San Diego on Friday and didn't arrive until the next Tuesday. Monday was a holiday. These are not top of the line bumper plates but they are better quality than I was expecting. For the price that you pay it is definitely worth the money. They were all black and arrived on a wooden pallet secured with a metal band so make sure you have something to cut the band with. I also plan on ordering another set of 45's to add to my collection.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4