Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro
Profile for David R. Canjura > Reviews

Browse

David R. Canjura's Profile

Customer Reviews: 16

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

David R. Canjura RSS Feed (Cicero, IL USA)

Page: 1 | 2
The Switch (2010)
The Switch (2010)
DVD
Price: $9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Funny but cheesy, September 5, 2013
This review is from: The Switch (2010) (Amazon Video)
It was funny and really cheesy at the same time. The acting wasn't terrible and the storyline kept me hooked. Jeniffer still looks great! Watch this with your girl she might like it too.

Altec Lansing Music Speaker
Altec Lansing Music Speaker
Offered by TheQuickStop
Price: $69.99
3 used & new from $29.97

2.0 out of 5 stars Loud but wire has a flawed design, it will always break & tear!, January 8, 2012
The wire on this speaker is the worst part of the design! I do not recommend it to anyone. I bought 3 of these speakers and all of them had the same problem, the wire breaks at the point where it goes into the case or at the 3.5MM connector. The speaker does output good loud audio for its size but the problem with the cheap cable makes this one of the worst out there. DO NOT BUY this model. The switch is actually the chrome ring you see around the speaker grate. The wire wraps around the case neatly and it requires 3 AAA batteries which last a few days. It does not have a volume control or an LED to let you know it is ON (it does have a marking on the case to let you know). Do your research and find something with a better stronger wire.

I didn't abuse it at all and tried taking great care of the speakers but they all failed at the same place. If you plan to keep this at home or an office, it might last longer than it did to me. I was however always on the move so I took it from place to place. With a speaker this loud and this small it makes sense to take it around but I still can't get over how cheap the wire is.

Power Over eSATA Cable
Power Over eSATA Cable

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great! No problems at all!, January 8, 2012
This was exactly what I need in order to make my external eSATA hdd enclosure the perfect travel companion. Data and power are sent through on single cable and that's a lot better than having them separated. The quality of the cable is enough for daily use and I had no problems. All connectors and ports have a limited amount of plug ins/outs so this is to be expected. I was using this for my external backup and it worked flawlessly. This is the cable to buy if you have the USB/eSATA combo port on your computer. Look no further, buy this one!

RAW 79mm 1 1/4  Hemp Plastic Cigarette Rolling Machine
RAW 79mm 1 1/4 Hemp Plastic Cigarette Rolling Machine
Offered by Exhale Inc
Price: $4.83
53 used & new from $0.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little tool!, January 8, 2012
This is a great quality roller. Its easy to use and maintain and even comes with an extra belt. Its made from an organic material, hemp, and that makes the tool even sweeter! Its strong yet small enough to take anywhere. I highly recommend this one as it fits most common sized papers (length-wise).

Other than that, buy it!

Microsoft Xbox 360 Wired Controller for Windows & Xbox 360 Console
Microsoft Xbox 360 Wired Controller for Windows & Xbox 360 Console
Price: $26.99
87 used & new from $23.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my Windows 7 laptop! Plug-&-play, works great!, January 8, 2012
I bought this controller because I needed something that was truely plug and play. It works flawlessly on my Windows 7 Professional 64 bit laptop. I chose the "For Windows" version of the XBOX 360 controller simply because I didn't want to take a chance with other controllers not being recognized or working incorrectly. I don't have an XBOX 360 and wanted this specifically for my Windows computer. It is a perfect match! This controller is recognized immediately by Windows which installs the drivers automatically. If you want you can also go to the Microsoft website and download the latest software/drivers too.

The controller itself works as described with no problems whatsoever. I am using this controller along with another XBOX 360 controller to play multiplayer games on a Nintendo 64 emulator (Project 64) on my PC. Assigning the buttons is easy, but the rumble does not work without installing a plugin (not the controllers fault, just letting you know). I don't mind not having rumble at the moment as it does not affect game play and will install the necessary rumble plugin some day. This controller also works with many other PC games.

I highly recommend a Microsoft controller over a third-party controller! The quality is worth the money. I also recommend going with this USB wired controller over a wireless version so you don't have to bother with batteries or charging. Its simply plug and play and I can't really ask for more than that. Great controller for Windows computers, buy this one!
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 6, 2015 7:42 AM PST

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as I had expected, but decent quality for price., September 8, 2011
I was hoping the image quality for this TV would've been better. The resolution is very nice at 1080p but the image quality is a bit grainy and washed out at times. Even with a great HD signal, the image can be disappointing. I use this TV with my computer to watch movies and YouTube videos and the quality of the image depends on the quality of the video format. The contrast and brightness of the TV are acceptable and can be adjusted accordingly. The sound from the speakers gets really loud but you can forget about bass or richer tones. Consider an external speaker system. For the price of the TV, you can't have too high expectations. But for what it can do, this TV can work fine as a second TV in a kitchen, bedroom, or PC monitor. Just don't expect it to be your primary home entertainment TV. Consider going for a Samsung, Sony, or Toshiba or some other "higher end" brand name TV.

Summary:

If your're on a budget and are not interested in the highest quality image, then this TV is not a bad choice. It works great as a PC display and okay as secondary TV.

Neiko® 53941A High Visibility Safety Vest, ANSI/ ISEA Standard | Color Neon Yellow | Size L
Price: $6.40
11 used & new from $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple & to the point, does a great job, why spend more?, September 8, 2011
I ride my bike at night some times. I've added reflectors and lights to my bike but wanted this for added safety. It works great and does what it's meant to do, make you more visible in the dark. Like the other reviewers, I suggest you get a size or two larger than what you think would fit you. You'll appreciate the added room for movement. The vest is made from thin material so I would be careful not to get it snagged on something because it will likely tear easily.

MYBAT Solid Soft Skin Cover for Samsung M580 Replenish - Retail Packaging - Black
Offered by Clever Edgar
Price: $2.04
9 used & new from $1.30

I bought this silicone skin for my Samsung Replenish. I wanted something to protect my phone from scratches and possible drops. It works very well and does what it was meant to do well. The buttons and holes for ports could be improved but it doesn't affect the skin's function. I recommend this soft silicone skin over a hard plastic cover. This protects all sides but I also recommend a screen protector.

Channellock 929 10-Inch Retaining Ring Plier
Channellock 929 10-Inch Retaining Ring Plier
Price: $46.58
30 used & new from $42.08

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the job., September 7, 2009
The tool work fine but the quality wasnt where I had expected. I'm planning on getting a set of individual sizes for when this one can't work. The rubber grips lost theyre adhesion to the metal frame of the tool and thats annoying when pressure or force is applied to the levers. I wish that could have been better. Also some of the inserts face in weird directions that made removing a clip or a ring that much harder. I probably would not recommend it to anyone unelss they can find it for less.

The racheting feature is nice for when you need it. The switch was odd at first but anyone will learn its angle shortly after. The center bolt that holds the switch mechanism came loose in my tool so I would suggest adding locktite then retightening it back up.

Milwaukee 9072-20 1/2-Inch Impact Wrench
Milwaukee 9072-20 1/2-Inch Impact Wrench
Offered by AlbanyToolCo.
Price: $179.95
18 used & new from $179.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome electric impact, June 8, 2009
This Milwaukee 1/2" impact helped my brother and I remove lower control arms off a 1998 Honda Civic. The bolts holding the lower rear arms were big and beefy. I would of cried having to do it on the floor without the help of this gun. It is kind of bulky in some tighter areas but you could always buy yourself a smaller 3/8" cordless impact for small bolts or screws. I was satisfied with the torque output this small electric motor can put out. I'd recommend this to anyone who doesn't own an air compressor but wants the ability to use an impact to speed up their work. Get a long heavy gauge extension cord and you're set! (assuming you already have impact sockets)

I'd like to see how it holds up in a busy shop environment, it'd be interesting to see if it could take the abuse. So far this one has held up great for me.

Page: 1 | 2